This topic contains 20 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Siggy 11 years ago.

• Author
    European Basketballer
    Participant

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/113134/180/vassilis-spanoulis-named-bwin-mvp-of-the-2012-13-turkish-airlines-euroleague

Vassilis Spanoulis, named bwin MVP of the 2012-13 Turkish Airlines Euroleague

Vassilis Spanoulis of Olympiacos Piraeus was named 2012-13 bwin Euroleague MVP at the EFES Euroleague Awards Ceremony held at the City Hall in London, England on Thursday.

Rafter
    Participant

Well deserved, he has been outstanding. Great ambassador for European hoops and speaking from a sporting perspective worth the price that Olmpiacos forked out for.

EB, do you know what his contract situation is? I’m under the impression that he’s on a three year deal that expires June 2013, any hope of seeing him in the NBA again or do you think he stays in Europe (most likely Greece) to continue winning titles, cup, awards etc?

Rafter
    Participant

Well deserved, he has been outstanding. Great ambassador for European hoops and speaking from a sporting perspective worth the price that Olmpiacos forked out for.

EB, do you know what his contract situation is? I’m under the impression that he’s on a three year deal that expires June 2013, any hope of seeing him in the NBA again or do you think he stays in Europe (most likely Greece) to continue winning titles, cup, awards etc?

Cynthia
    Participant

Grats Vassilis! MVP of the Euroleague, I wonder how good he’d be in the NBA?

Oh wait…
    NBA GP – 31

FG% – 0.319
    3P% – 0.172
    FT% – 0.810
    RBD – 0.7
    AST – 0.9
    STL – 0.2
    BLK – 0.0
    PPG – 2.7

Cynthia
    Participant

Grats Vassilis! MVP of the Euroleague, I wonder how good he’d be in the NBA?

Oh wait…
    NBA GP – 31

FG% – 0.319
    3P% – 0.172
    FT% – 0.810
    RBD – 0.7
    AST – 0.9
    STL – 0.2
    BLK – 0.0
    PPG – 2.7

Warned2820
    Participant

Possiblly the worst player in the NBA the last decade.

alinge
      Participant

Brian Cardinal, Brian Scalabrine and Adam Morrison, Like this

phila9012
        Participant

The White Mamba had the something special for a bench player who doesnt play much. The fans loved him, his teammates loved him, he was good at cheering on the bench. It was cool hearing him speak about his time in the NBA, he would joke about what he did, then he played people one on one who thought they could beat him.

phila9012
        Participant

The White Mamba had the something special for a bench player who doesnt play much. The fans loved him, his teammates loved him, he was good at cheering on the bench. It was cool hearing him speak about his time in the NBA, he would joke about what he did, then he played people one on one who thought they could beat him.

alinge
      Participant

Brian Cardinal, Brian Scalabrine and Adam Morrison, Like this

R-Dot-13
      Participant

But 81% from the stripe!
      Dwight Howard only dreams he had that touch!

R-Dot-13
      Participant

But 81% from the stripe!
      Dwight Howard only dreams he had that touch!

Greek
      Participant

Spanoullis could have a good career over there if it wasnt the mental aspect. He couldnt accept to be a role player and homesick. His skills/athleticism are undeniable.

Given that he has a family now and he is 30 y/o its safe to say that he will not try again to go to NBA.

Greek
      Participant

Spanoullis could have a good career over there if it wasnt the mental aspect. He couldnt accept to be a role player and homesick. His skills/athleticism are undeniable.

Given that he has a family now and he is 30 y/o its safe to say that he will not try again to go to NBA.

Warned2820
    Participant

Possiblly the worst player in the NBA the last decade.

TRC1991
    Participant

Oh how I miss Drazen Petrovic…

TRC1991
    Participant

Oh how I miss Drazen Petrovic…

flybobbyfly
    Participant

Did thanasis adetokoubo and nemanja nedovic withdraw their names from the draft? I haven’t been able to find much info on them.

flybobbyfly
    Participant

Did thanasis adetokoubo and nemanja nedovic withdraw their names from the draft? I haven’t been able to find much info on them.

Siggy
    Participant

He’s a really good player. NBA caliber for sure, but like the poster above said, he couldn’t accept a lesser role. I can’t blame him for thinking he was better than Rafer f’ing Alston though. If he had a little more patience, he would’ve stuck and eventually would’ve been a starting PG IMO.

Siggy
    Participant

He’s a really good player. NBA caliber for sure, but like the poster above said, he couldn’t accept a lesser role. I can’t blame him for thinking he was better than Rafer f’ing Alston though. If he had a little more patience, he would’ve stuck and eventually would’ve been a starting PG IMO.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login