This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Spacegrass 10 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    qDizzle32
    Participant

USA tortured the Mexicans the whole game as they won by 99 points.

Diamond Stone- He led all players with 20 points and also recorded 8 rebounds and 2 blocks. Stone tortured Mexico’s big men as he bullied them around like a young Shaq. This was my first time watching all of these guys play live but from the highlights of Diamond Stone, I wasn’t too impressed but this guy will be a very highly touted recruit throughout the next two years before he lands on a college campus. If he can just stay in good shape he most likely will be a high draft pick in the 2016 NBA Draft which is quite a long ways from now but Stone will have the advantage if he can keep up what he’s doing now.

Ivan Rabb- I’ve heard quite a lot about Ivan Rabb with me also being from Northern California. With Rabb’s athleticism and long arms he was unstoppable going against those amateurs from Mexico. I also love Ivan Rabb’s ability how he fights for rebounds and he showed me that he probably does deserve that #1 ranking for the 2015 class and could very well keep that spot until he graduates unless Thon Maker happens to reclassify to the class of 2015. His 14 points and 12 rebounds contributed a lot for the Americans and I’m expecting a lot more from him when we play against better teams like Argentina and Canada.

Seventh Woods- Now Woods was the one player who I was the most excited to watch before the game began. Although he only scored two points, he still contributed a lot for Team USA with his 5 steals and 5 assists. Woods being named the team’s captain as the youngest player on the team must show a big sign of potential right? The one thing I learned the most about Woods is that he is the opposite of selfish. He would always look to pass before he’d look to score. Likes to get others involved and he impressed me the most on defense out of all players. Plays very scrappy and he will intercept and high floater pass going his way. I know it might not be very fair to compare a 14 year old’s game to an NBA All Star caliber player, but Woods reminds me a lot of Russell Westbrook defensively. He probably should have had at least 6-8 points after he missed two dunks, one of them after being open on a fastbreak after getting a steal and that layup he missed in the 4th quarter. Like I said, Woods is very un-selfish and could have would have scored more if he would have looked to score more than pass. But keep in mind that Woods is only 14 years old and doesn’t turn 15 until a few more months. He was even young for a freshmen last year and could have even been a normal aged 8th grader last year.

Malik Newman- This guy really knows how to score. It might have been a lot easier this game opposed to playing against a better team than Mexico but he scored 19 points, the second most behind Stone’s 20. One player who he reminds me of who was similar to him at this point of his high school career is Bradley Beal. Also a 6’4, a little undersized SG who just knows how to score and can shoot the ball when they need to. Potential MVP of the tournament if he can play like how he did today for the remainder of the tourney.

Harry Giles- This only Sophomore to be 15 year old has crazy talent for his age. His athleticism along with his size is pretty scary to go up against. I was very impressed by this kid and hard to believe he still has three years left until we see him play in a college gymnasium.

hoopscop
    Participant

Clearly this was not an contest so there was not that much that you can analize but they are very unselfish and this team as a group is so skilled and talented. I cant wait for the worlds next year to get a better picture. Of course I expect natural progression and more physical maturity, it will be spectacular.

hoopscop
    Participant

Clearly this was not an contest so there was not that much that you can analize but they are very unselfish and this team as a group is so skilled and talented. I cant wait for the worlds next year to get a better picture. Of course I expect natural progression and more physical maturity, it will be spectacular.

Siggy
    Participant

Josh Jackson was one guy who I haven’t seen before but was impressed with. He played with good energy and savvy. Had some nice subtle moves on his way to the hoop, good defense and was very active all over the floor.

Diamond Stone looked in better shape from the last time I saw him. He’s just too big for this level of competition. He didn’t settle for a single jumper which was a good sign, doing all of his damage in the paint. He’s got really good touch around the rim and looks like he can use both hands and turn over either shoulder.

I was looking forward to seeing Jayson Tatum and he was solid. He actually played some point at 6’6-6’7, so that was interesting. Smooth, lanky, kinda has that Tayshaun Prince type build. Didn’t look all that athletic, but maybe he’ll gain some explosiveness as he fills out. Good shooter but has a bit of a deliberate release. Good floor game and terrific length though.

This really wasn’t much of a game though. This Team Mexico was severely over-matched. You could probably count on 1 hand how many shots they got off on the interior that didn’t get blocked, they were chucking up bad airballs from distance and they were lucky to break the press. I can’t believe I watched that.

Siggy
    Participant

Josh Jackson was one guy who I haven’t seen before but was impressed with. He played with good energy and savvy. Had some nice subtle moves on his way to the hoop, good defense and was very active all over the floor.

Diamond Stone looked in better shape from the last time I saw him. He’s just too big for this level of competition. He didn’t settle for a single jumper which was a good sign, doing all of his damage in the paint. He’s got really good touch around the rim and looks like he can use both hands and turn over either shoulder.

I was looking forward to seeing Jayson Tatum and he was solid. He actually played some point at 6’6-6’7, so that was interesting. Smooth, lanky, kinda has that Tayshaun Prince type build. Didn’t look all that athletic, but maybe he’ll gain some explosiveness as he fills out. Good shooter but has a bit of a deliberate release. Good floor game and terrific length though.

This really wasn’t much of a game though. This Team Mexico was severely over-matched. You could probably count on 1 hand how many shots they got off on the interior that didn’t get blocked, they were chucking up bad airballs from distance and they were lucky to break the press. I can’t believe I watched that.

ZBowl420
    Participant

Any TV coverage of their games in the future?

ZBowl420
    Participant

Any TV coverage of their games in the future?

qDizzle32
    Participant

@ZBowl420 all games are streamed live on http://www.fibaamericas.com/en/default.asp

qDizzle32
    Participant

@ZBowl420 all games are streamed live on http://www.fibaamericas.com/en/default.asp

Spacegrass
    Participant

The USA could of been hungover from a night of heavy tequila and marijuana consumption and still would of won by 50.

Spacegrass
    Participant

The USA could of been hungover from a night of heavy tequila and marijuana consumption and still would of won by 50.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login