This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar BothTeamsPlayedHard 13 years ago.

• Author
    ballin3404
    Participant

Why would they have them drafting 2 point guards in the 1st round when they have Lowrey and Gragic?  That is the most idiotic thing i have seen on this website.  They need help at SF and C so they go and draft Walker and Mack?  Complete worthlessness in my opinion.  Kawhi Leonard or Jordan Hamilton would make sense with the first and then a JaJuan Johnson with the second or even trading both of those for a superstar SF or C with both those picks and a TWill or Bud combined with Lee, Martin or J. Hill would make more sense than 2 pg’s.

butidonthavemoney

Team needs are not accounted for until after the lottery.

ballin3404
    Participant

Yup, because those are the only 2 superstars in the league at those postions.  And whats it matter for team needs, its common sense that they dont need 2 point guards, that just shows pure lazyness when it comes to making a mock draft.  And if the Magic lose Dwight already said he wants out so why not 2 1st rounders and their 2nd rounder and Lee or Martin or Hill and TWill or Bud would work…J Rich is overrated and out of his prime and they need a 2 guard in Orlando, and a SF worth a shit bc Turkoglu is worthless as well.  And if not Dwight there are plenty of centers the rockets could get with 1 or 2 1st rd picks in a trade.

butidonthavemoney

Whatever you say, homeboy.

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

Okay let’s turn this thread into something worthwhile:

Who will the Rockets with their two draft picks: The Rockets badly need a Center, for awhile things didn’t look good because Kanter and Valanciunas seemed likely to be gone by the late lottery. Unfortunately for quite awhile those were the only two centers worthy of going in the lottery. Then Bismack Biyombo came to the rescue in the Nike Hoop Summit with his triple double. His name shot up draft boards and all of a sudden he seemed like a candidate worthy of a lottery pick. I think it would be smart for the Rockets to select him with the 14th pick. As I said before, the Rockets badly need a Center, and they are not easy to come by in both free agency and the draft. This might be the Rockets only chance to get what they have needed since Yao Ming went down with injury. He may be a little small at only 6’9 but if his age is correctly stated at 18 then he could still have a growth spurt left in him which means he could be a 7 footer. He has a huge wingspan and he may be very raw offensively but the Rockets can’t pass this chance up. Centers are a rare commodity in this league. The Rockets usually go with the safe pick, and Biyombo is not really the safe rout but this is a chance that the Rockets can’t pass up otherwise they might never get their center.

With the 23th pick its basically best player available. The creater of this thread said they need a SF and I agree with him because Budinger is better served as a backup and it seems that Terrance Williams will never reach his potential. So I say the Rockets need to pick the best SF available. It could Honeycutt, Singleton, Singler, Hamilton (if you call him a SF), Harris. Honeycutt and Singleton will likely be gone in the teens. Harris might go lottery if he shoots up draft boards because of good workouts which is possible. I call Hamilton a SG because he is an excellent shooter but not a great defender. He too might go lottery. So right know Harris is the best value but if he isn’t available then the Rockets should pick up Singler.

So Rockets pick Bismack Biyombo and Tobias Harris or Kyle Singler with their two picks. What do you guys think?

PaulsJayhawks
    Participant

Use those pics and throwin  one of their wings Budinger, Williams or maybe even Hill or Patterson and try to snag Kemba or Knight…

ballin3404
    Participant

I agree with you wardb with the exception of Kyle Singler.  He is horrible as well but i would go with Bismack and Harris with the 2 1st rd picks.Bismack is small for center and pf but the rockets are always going after guys too small for the post postions so it wouldnt suprise me if they did get him.

sheltwon3
    Participant

Houston has too many young players.  They should draft a Center and trade their second 1st round pick for a veteran small forward or future first.  They need Veteran at key positions.  if they were to get the first pick though they should take Williams.

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

Unfortunately, ballin3404 Tobias might not be available. Right now he certainly is, but because of good workouts Harris might shoot up draftboards and might end up being a lottery pick. So if he isn’t available. Singler may be the option left available. That’s why it would probably be a better idea to trade their 2nd pick for a veteran SF or just basically a veteran. Houston is a young team and needs some veteran help, someone that can can play like Shane Battier. Which means that with thier 2nd pick they should probably just go with the best player available no matter what position he plays and trade that player to whoever wants him for that veteran.

Bismack may be only 6’9 but if he really is 18 years old than he might have another growth spurt left in him meaning he could end up topping out at 6’11 or 7 feet! This would be a good height for the Center, and with that ridiculous wingspan of 7’7 he might be gold for the Rockets.

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

"Bismack may be only 6’9 but if he really is 18 years old than he might have another growth spurt left in him meaning he could end up topping out at 6’11 or 7 feet! This would be a good height for the Center, and with that ridiculous wingspan of 7’7 he might be gold for the Rockets."

I think a frontcourt of Hasheem Thabeet, Bismack Biyombo, Jordan Hill, and Marcus Cousin will leave the Rockets well prepared to compete with that imposing Wizards frontcourt.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login