This topic contains 22 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Grandmama 13 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

If Blake Griffin was eligable for the 2010 NBA Draft, just for imaginary reasons.  Who would be drafted in the top 5?

I would say

5: Cousins

4: Johnson

3: Turner

2: Wall

1: Griffin

Big men win championships, so the Wiz would take Griffin instead.

I NO NOTHING
    Participant

You have nothing better to talk about than something that doesnt even exist!

I NO NOTHING
    Participant

You have nothing better to talk about than something that doesnt even exist!

Anton123
    Participant

Doing a draft redo just 3 months after the draft is ridiculous 

Anton123
    Participant

Doing a draft redo just 3 months after the draft is ridiculous 

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

I NO NOTHING

Isn’t that what everybody does in the world of sports? Predictions, hindsight choices, and cheering for teams that obviously have no chance at winning?

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

I NO NOTHING

Isn’t that what everybody does in the world of sports? Predictions, hindsight choices, and cheering for teams that obviously have no chance at winning?

The Scare Crow Returns
    Participant

After Rose,Rondo and Westbrook there is no way The Wizards let a Star Pg pass them by…The Sixers would be the ones who would have had to choose between Griffen,Turner or Cousins…Not a bad question but I said this before the draft…THe Wizards needed a Big more than PG but with Cousins attitude issues it made their choice easier…Wall before All…

The Scare Crow Returns
    Participant

After Rose,Rondo and Westbrook there is no way The Wizards let a Star Pg pass them by…The Sixers would be the ones who would have had to choose between Griffen,Turner or Cousins…Not a bad question but I said this before the draft…THe Wizards needed a Big more than PG but with Cousins attitude issues it made their choice easier…Wall before All…

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

If you guys don’t like this thread, then you shouldn’t have clicked it because the title clearly stated what is was about. SMH, kids man.. kids..

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

If you guys don’t like this thread, then you shouldn’t have clicked it because the title clearly stated what is was about. SMH, kids man.. kids..

The Scare Crow Returns
    Participant

If the Draft was really re done…Would the Wizards really pass up on Cousins(there have been no talks of immaturity in Sac Town)

Would the Sixers have drafted Griffin or Wall ??? Would Wall in Philly mean he’s more of the scorer or Passer with Holiday there…

The Nets would have probally been gifted Griffin if Washington and Philly draft Cousins and Wall 1 and 2 in any order…They would have been faced with Griffin,Turner or Favors at this point…They pick Griffin…He and Lopez would have lured Lebron…

The Wolves would have gotten Their Man in Turner…The Sixers should have made the Move for the 4th pick and Gotten Cousins like they were in talks to do…but in this scenario Kaun gets the Guy he covets…

The Kings would have been left with Favors and to be honest probally would have traded this pick to the Pistons for Monroe and Prince( The pistons were super high on Favors and would have loved to cut salary by shipping Prince to do It)

So The Top 5 becomes

1. Wizards-Demarcus Cousins ( If there were no attitude or immaturity concerns could the Wizards pass on the best C prospect since Greg Oden)

2. Sixers-John Wall ( They would go Wall over Griffin,Turner or Favors and try to mold him as the scorer at SG )

3. Nets-Blake Griffin-( Instead of the Raw Favors they get the NBA ready Griffin, he and Lopez would be a nasty young front court and The Nets would have likely gotten a Bigger FA to sign with that young Duo and Harris + T.Will in a starting lineup)

4. T’Wolves-Evan Turner ( The Wolves would have the guy were desprete for in July, probally the perfect fit for Turner in hindsight)

5. Kings- Derrick Favors ( Although I think they would have traded Favors had he been there at 5, they loved Monroe and would have been able to get him and Prince or Hamilton from the Pistons in a draft day trade…The Kings would still have a good prospect at the 4/5 and maybe a Veteran Sf…

The Scare Crow Returns
    Participant

If the Draft was really re done…Would the Wizards really pass up on Cousins(there have been no talks of immaturity in Sac Town)

Would the Sixers have drafted Griffin or Wall ??? Would Wall in Philly mean he’s more of the scorer or Passer with Holiday there…

The Nets would have probally been gifted Griffin if Washington and Philly draft Cousins and Wall 1 and 2 in any order…They would have been faced with Griffin,Turner or Favors at this point…They pick Griffin…He and Lopez would have lured Lebron…

The Wolves would have gotten Their Man in Turner…The Sixers should have made the Move for the 4th pick and Gotten Cousins like they were in talks to do…but in this scenario Kaun gets the Guy he covets…

The Kings would have been left with Favors and to be honest probally would have traded this pick to the Pistons for Monroe and Prince( The pistons were super high on Favors and would have loved to cut salary by shipping Prince to do It)

So The Top 5 becomes

1. Wizards-Demarcus Cousins ( If there were no attitude or immaturity concerns could the Wizards pass on the best C prospect since Greg Oden)

2. Sixers-John Wall ( They would go Wall over Griffin,Turner or Favors and try to mold him as the scorer at SG )

3. Nets-Blake Griffin-( Instead of the Raw Favors they get the NBA ready Griffin, he and Lopez would be a nasty young front court and The Nets would have likely gotten a Bigger FA to sign with that young Duo and Harris + T.Will in a starting lineup)

4. T’Wolves-Evan Turner ( The Wolves would have the guy were desprete for in July, probally the perfect fit for Turner in hindsight)

5. Kings- Derrick Favors ( Although I think they would have traded Favors had he been there at 5, they loved Monroe and would have been able to get him and Prince or Hamilton from the Pistons in a draft day trade…The Kings would still have a good prospect at the 4/5 and maybe a Veteran Sf…

Mr. 19134
    Participant

If Griffin was in this draft he would of been coming out as a JR and probably having one of the most amazing seasons any big man has recently had in college.  Probably lie 28 and 14.  If you are talking about drafting him after an injury he don’t he go top 5.

Wiz: Griffin

Sixers: Cousins

Nets: Wall

T’Wolves: Turner

Kings: Favors/Wes Johnson

And I like this thread thats what the point of these forums are for:

But you don’t pass on the next great big men.

Mr. 19134
    Participant

If Griffin was in this draft he would of been coming out as a JR and probably having one of the most amazing seasons any big man has recently had in college.  Probably lie 28 and 14.  If you are talking about drafting him after an injury he don’t he go top 5.

Wiz: Griffin

Sixers: Cousins

Nets: Wall

T’Wolves: Turner

Kings: Favors/Wes Johnson

And I like this thread thats what the point of these forums are for:

But you don’t pass on the next great big men.

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

I don’t think so. The Wizards wanted to rebuild after what happened with Arenas. You do not pass on a PG like Derrick Rose when he is available. (In 2008, Brook Lopez was available but the Bulls did not take him, they took the future star guard Rose. And Lopez lasted all the way till 10th!) So I still think the Wizards would have taken Wall. And besides the Wizards already have McGee, and Blatche. So Griffen would make the Wizards really loaded down low. Sixers needed a big man especially after they had already dealt Samuel Dalembert to the Kings. Hawes is not ready to start. He is too soft, especially for the Sixers. And even if the Sixers would have taken Wall, Why? It just doesn’t make sense especially when you already have Jrue Holiday and Iggy in the backcourt. Wall would just make them even more crowded. Wall can play the 2, but he is more naturally a 1 then he is a 2 because of his excellent passing ability. So Cousins would be second. Of course we all know the Nets would then take Griffen. Turner would still go to the Wolves. And then the Kings would probably take Wesley Johnson to solve their hole at the 3. Leaving Favors to go 6th. (Hopefully the Warriors would have picked Favors over Udoh, what were they thinking when they took him sixth?)

So here is what would have happened

Wizards: John Wall

Sixers: Demarcus Cousins

Nets: Blake Griffin

Wolves: Evan Turner

Kings: Wesley Johnson

Warriors: Derrick Favors

Pistons: Greg Monroe

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

I don’t think so. The Wizards wanted to rebuild after what happened with Arenas. You do not pass on a PG like Derrick Rose when he is available. (In 2008, Brook Lopez was available but the Bulls did not take him, they took the future star guard Rose. And Lopez lasted all the way till 10th!) So I still think the Wizards would have taken Wall. And besides the Wizards already have McGee, and Blatche. So Griffen would make the Wizards really loaded down low. Sixers needed a big man especially after they had already dealt Samuel Dalembert to the Kings. Hawes is not ready to start. He is too soft, especially for the Sixers. And even if the Sixers would have taken Wall, Why? It just doesn’t make sense especially when you already have Jrue Holiday and Iggy in the backcourt. Wall would just make them even more crowded. Wall can play the 2, but he is more naturally a 1 then he is a 2 because of his excellent passing ability. So Cousins would be second. Of course we all know the Nets would then take Griffen. Turner would still go to the Wolves. And then the Kings would probably take Wesley Johnson to solve their hole at the 3. Leaving Favors to go 6th. (Hopefully the Warriors would have picked Favors over Udoh, what were they thinking when they took him sixth?)

So here is what would have happened

Wizards: John Wall

Sixers: Demarcus Cousins

Nets: Blake Griffin

Wolves: Evan Turner

Kings: Wesley Johnson

Warriors: Derrick Favors

Pistons: Greg Monroe

doubledribbler
    Participant

Give the guy a break. They do this stuff on ESPN all the time and those guys get a lot of money. It may just be three months, but every week on ESPN they talk about who is the best team in the NFL. They are still on there talking about Lebron and the decision like it happened yesterday. Brett Favre’s retirement and whether he is coming back is on every day in the summer until he says he’s coming back. They rehash a lot of the same stories, even when the story is over or there is no new info. I don’t like the idea of a redo so soon, but at least one can say that they got to watch the guys in pre-season so there is a reason to do some updated rankings.

As far as rankings go, I still think Griffin would go one unless someone wants to count his injury against him, then he would go two. A lot of people like Cousin’s talent and he is nice, but I need to see him play in the NBA. He could be Zach Randolph Jr when it’s all said and done, but even then I have seen far worse careers. Griffin has this off the wall athleticism though if he can keep developing his game no one is ever going to keep him off the boards. He also has great hands and dexterity. I think he has real skill along with some huge upside. Not just on the offensive end, but also on the defensive end. I expect him to have at least a few games of 20 points and 20 rebs this year. At least 2. Hopefully he learns to not be so wreckless with his body and that eventually the Clippers organization becomes more competent.

doubledribbler
    Participant

Give the guy a break. They do this stuff on ESPN all the time and those guys get a lot of money. It may just be three months, but every week on ESPN they talk about who is the best team in the NFL. They are still on there talking about Lebron and the decision like it happened yesterday. Brett Favre’s retirement and whether he is coming back is on every day in the summer until he says he’s coming back. They rehash a lot of the same stories, even when the story is over or there is no new info. I don’t like the idea of a redo so soon, but at least one can say that they got to watch the guys in pre-season so there is a reason to do some updated rankings.

As far as rankings go, I still think Griffin would go one unless someone wants to count his injury against him, then he would go two. A lot of people like Cousin’s talent and he is nice, but I need to see him play in the NBA. He could be Zach Randolph Jr when it’s all said and done, but even then I have seen far worse careers. Griffin has this off the wall athleticism though if he can keep developing his game no one is ever going to keep him off the boards. He also has great hands and dexterity. I think he has real skill along with some huge upside. Not just on the offensive end, but also on the defensive end. I expect him to have at least a few games of 20 points and 20 rebs this year. At least 2. Hopefully he learns to not be so wreckless with his body and that eventually the Clippers organization becomes more competent.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Toungeout, Have you seen Wall play in the preseason? He looks like a stud TODAY

I will say this however, he’s not gonna be a unstoppable scorer. I do see him like 13ppg per game this season.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

Toungeout, Have you seen Wall play in the preseason? He looks like a stud TODAY

I will say this however, he’s not gonna be a unstoppable scorer. I do see him like 13ppg per game this season.

Grandmama
    Participant

"I NO NOTHING" lmao, you definitely KNOW nothing.

Grandmama
    Participant

"I NO NOTHING" lmao, you definitely KNOW nothing.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login