This topic contains 22 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar trelos6 8 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    trelos6
    Participant

It’s been 7 years since this draft and there have been quite a few standouts who came out of the lottery.  If I had my way, my lottery would be…

R.Westbrook (went #4)

D.Rose (1)

K.Love (5)

G.Dragic (45)

S.Ibaka (24)

D.Jordan (35)

N.Batum (25)

B.Lopez (10)

D.Gallinari (6)

R.Anderson (21)

N.Pekovic (31)

O.Asik (36)

E.Gordon (7)

R.Lopez (15)

omphalos
    Participant

Rose is still first to me. Had an MVP year and could still bounce back to that form if healthy.

I’d take peak Rose over peak Westbrook.

omphalos
    Participant

Rose is still first to me. Had an MVP year and could still bounce back to that form if healthy.

I’d take peak Rose over peak Westbrook.

trelos6
      Participant

I actually had Rose at #1 but just before I posted I swapped them over. 

Westbrook has shown amazing ability to come back from injuries and his performace in the last 30 games of last season was on par with anything Rose has ever done.

trelos6
      Participant

I actually had Rose at #1 but just before I posted I swapped them over. 

Westbrook has shown amazing ability to come back from injuries and his performace in the last 30 games of last season was on par with anything Rose has ever done.

mgreener_34
    Participant

God, I will never understand the people who think Rose in his prime was some unmatched freak that Westbrook couldn’t run with. It just makes no sense to me. 

I’ll play, but I’ll also take team needs/mind set/roster into play, and not just do a big board. 

1. Chi- Westbrook- Needed a point bad

2. MIA- Rose- Wanted a sidekick for Wade, one that could score. 

3. Minn- Love- Makes sense because this actually happened

4. OKC- Lopez- Everyone thought OKC would take Lopez this year because he was a scoring center. Something they coveted for years, even after this draft

5. MEM- Ibaka- Guard heavy team that was looking for defensive bigs. Just traded Pau, and didn’t know how the other Gasol would turn out. 

6. NYK- Dragic- Knicks have needed a PG for how many years now? If you want a good laugh, just go look at that NYK team from this year. Crawford, Z-Bo, Starburry, Nate Rob, and Curry all on the same team…jesus

7. LAC- Gordon- Needed perimeter scoring bad, and the only other player worth taking here is Gallo, so it’s a pick of which injured player you would rather have. I’d take Gordon because he’s the better shooter

8. MIL- Batum- Wanted an athletic swing badly, and hoped to add one to the core of prime Redd, Bogut, and Williams. Damn, it’s funny how one bad pick can change the entire makeup of a team. Having two consecutive busts for MIL was brutal. 

9 CHA- Gallo- BPA to a team that lacked some offensive talent. The signing of Jackson just perpetuates this

10. NJN- Hibbert- Team need size in the worst of ways, and I think Hibbert for all his flack, is still a good player

11. IND- Lopez- O’Neil replacement

12. SAC- Asik- 25th in defense

13. POR- Hill- They were starting Steve Blake then, and already had Oden, Aldridge, Roy, Webster, and Outlaw who they were extremely high on (omg those days! Blazers were supposed to be a Dynasy). Having a good defensive minded PG/SG who could play with Roy on and off the ball would have been ideal. 

14. GS- Ryan Anderson- They loved to run and gun, and wanted a big man in that system. Would have been fun to watch Ryno bomb threes for Nelly!

mgreener_34
    Participant

God, I will never understand the people who think Rose in his prime was some unmatched freak that Westbrook couldn’t run with. It just makes no sense to me. 

I’ll play, but I’ll also take team needs/mind set/roster into play, and not just do a big board. 

1. Chi- Westbrook- Needed a point bad

2. MIA- Rose- Wanted a sidekick for Wade, one that could score. 

3. Minn- Love- Makes sense because this actually happened

4. OKC- Lopez- Everyone thought OKC would take Lopez this year because he was a scoring center. Something they coveted for years, even after this draft

5. MEM- Ibaka- Guard heavy team that was looking for defensive bigs. Just traded Pau, and didn’t know how the other Gasol would turn out. 

6. NYK- Dragic- Knicks have needed a PG for how many years now? If you want a good laugh, just go look at that NYK team from this year. Crawford, Z-Bo, Starburry, Nate Rob, and Curry all on the same team…jesus

7. LAC- Gordon- Needed perimeter scoring bad, and the only other player worth taking here is Gallo, so it’s a pick of which injured player you would rather have. I’d take Gordon because he’s the better shooter

8. MIL- Batum- Wanted an athletic swing badly, and hoped to add one to the core of prime Redd, Bogut, and Williams. Damn, it’s funny how one bad pick can change the entire makeup of a team. Having two consecutive busts for MIL was brutal. 

9 CHA- Gallo- BPA to a team that lacked some offensive talent. The signing of Jackson just perpetuates this

10. NJN- Hibbert- Team need size in the worst of ways, and I think Hibbert for all his flack, is still a good player

11. IND- Lopez- O’Neil replacement

12. SAC- Asik- 25th in defense

13. POR- Hill- They were starting Steve Blake then, and already had Oden, Aldridge, Roy, Webster, and Outlaw who they were extremely high on (omg those days! Blazers were supposed to be a Dynasy). Having a good defensive minded PG/SG who could play with Roy on and off the ball would have been ideal. 

14. GS- Ryan Anderson- They loved to run and gun, and wanted a big man in that system. Would have been fun to watch Ryno bomb threes for Nelly!

omphalos
      Participant

Rose was just a much smarter player than Russ.

He combined elite athleticism with high basketball IQ and a sense of picking his spots to score.

Made way less head-scratching plays than Russ and just generally is a more refined version of what Russ is.

Honestly, I think Rose is going to have a huge year in the coming season. He’s got his legs under him, he’s got a new coach who will use him better and he’ll have a healthy off-season behind him.

Before Rose got injured he was starting to put together a ridiculous skill-set, adding different elements to his game each season and deploying them expertly.

Russ on the other hand, has played the same way for the last couple of years.

I think people forget just how good Rose was and just how frustrating Russ can be.

But keeping in mind that it was Chicago making the pick, I don’t think they’d take anyone over him, even now.

omphalos
      Participant

Rose was just a much smarter player than Russ.

He combined elite athleticism with high basketball IQ and a sense of picking his spots to score.

Made way less head-scratching plays than Russ and just generally is a more refined version of what Russ is.

Honestly, I think Rose is going to have a huge year in the coming season. He’s got his legs under him, he’s got a new coach who will use him better and he’ll have a healthy off-season behind him.

Before Rose got injured he was starting to put together a ridiculous skill-set, adding different elements to his game each season and deploying them expertly.

Russ on the other hand, has played the same way for the last couple of years.

I think people forget just how good Rose was and just how frustrating Russ can be.

But keeping in mind that it was Chicago making the pick, I don’t think they’d take anyone over him, even now.

llperez

I have to assume you forgot about deandre Jordan. I know it took him awhile but the player he is today would go top 5 from that draft.

llperez

I have to assume you forgot about deandre Jordan. I know it took him awhile but the player he is today would go top 5 from that draft.

mgreener_34
        Participant

Yep, thanks for the comment! I would keep everything the same, but would put Jordon were Hibbert is, and move everyone down 1

mgreener_34
        Participant

Yep, thanks for the comment! I would keep everything the same, but would put Jordon were Hibbert is, and move everyone down 1

Toronto16
    Participant

Sad that if you did a 2008 re-draft the #2 pick would probably go undrafted…

Toronto16
    Participant

Sad that if you did a 2008 re-draft the #2 pick would probably go undrafted…

FastAndFurious
    Participant

Westbrook would be #1 pick hands down!

FastAndFurious
    Participant

Westbrook would be #1 pick hands down!

sheltwon3
    Participant

You forgot J Mcgee also and when healthy no way I take DJ over Brook Lopez

sheltwon3
    Participant

You forgot J Mcgee also and when healthy no way I take DJ over Brook Lopez

sheltwon3
    Participant

Courtney Lee is still a good player that maybe would have scored more in a better situation.  He can handle shoot 3’s and defend. Speights is another solid player that min is low because he plays on a stacked GSW team.  A big man that can shoot jumpers like him would have had more value in the right system.

sheltwon3
    Participant

Courtney Lee is still a good player that maybe would have scored more in a better situation.  He can handle shoot 3’s and defend. Speights is another solid player that min is low because he plays on a stacked GSW team.  A big man that can shoot jumpers like him would have had more value in the right system.

trelos6
      Participant

Lee was around 18th on my list.  There were a few guys just outside the lottery.  DJ Augustin, M.Speights, C.Lee, G.Hill and M.Chalmers

trelos6
      Participant

Lee was around 18th on my list.  There were a few guys just outside the lottery.  DJ Augustin, M.Speights, C.Lee, G.Hill and M.Chalmers

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login