This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar livinlegend4blk 9 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    probasketballhoopsland
    Participant

I had to get involved in creating my own mock draft. I get most of the pics wrong most of the time anyway. I don’t care, because I do it for fun. Their might be a few pics where I reach a bit. This was the most complicated mock draft for me. Embiid, Parker or Wiggins could go one. After the 4th pick you never know how teams will go. This draft is deep. Here is my mock draft list. Tell me what you think about it.

1. Cleveland- Joel Embiid- C- 7’0″- 250 LBS- Kansas
    2. Milwaukee- Andrew Wiggins- SG/ SF- 6’8″- 200 LBS- Kansas
    3. Philadelphia- Jabari Parker- SF- 6’8″- 235 LBS- Duke
    4. Orlando- Noah Vonleh- PF- 6’9″- 247 LBS- Indiana
    5. Utah- Dante Exum- PG/SG- 6’6″- 196 LBS- Australia
    6. Boston- Julius Randle- PF- 6’9″- 250 LBS- Kentucky
    7. L.A. Lakers- Aaron Gordon- PF- 6’9″- 220 LBS- Arizona
    8. Sacramento- Marcus Smart- PG- 6’3″- 227 LBS- Oklahoma State
    9. Charlotte- Doug McDermott- SF- 6’7″- 220 LBS- Creighton
    10. Philadelphia- Gary Harris- SG- 6’4″- 205 LBS- Michigan St
    11. Denver- Zach LaVine- PG/ SG- 6’6″- 180 LBS- UCLA
    12. Orlando- Tyler Ennis- PG- 6’2″- 180 LBS- Syracuse
    13. Minnesota- Dario Saric- SF/ PF- 6’10”- 225 LBS- Croatia
    14. Phoenix- Nik Stauskas- SG- 6’6′- 207 LBS- Michigan
    15. Atlanta- James Young- SG- 6’6″- 215 LBS- Kentucky
    16. Chicago- Jerami Grant- SF- 6’8″- 214 LBS- Syracuse
    17. Boston- Kyle Anderson- SF- 6’9″- 230 LBS- UCLA
    18. Phoenix- Adreian Payne- PF- 6’10”- 240 LBS- Michigan St
    19. Chicago- Elfrid Payton- PG- 6’4″- 185 LBS- Louisiana Lafayette
    20. Toronto- Cleanthony Early- SF- 6’7″- 210 LBS- Wichita State
    21. Oklahoma City- Glenn Robinson III- SF- 6’7″- 211 LBS- Michigan
    22. Memphis- Rodney Hood- SF- 6’8″- 208 LBS- Duke
    23. Utah- TJ Warren- SF- 6’8″- 220 LBS- NC State
    24. Charlotte- Shabazz Napier- PG- 6’0″- 175 LBS- U Conn
    25. Houston- KJ McDaniels- SF- 6’6″- 196 LBS- Clemson
    26. Miami- Walter Tavares- C- 7’3″- 260 LBS- Spain
    27. Phoenix- Jordan Clarkson- PG/ SG- 6’4″ 186 LBS- Missouri
    28. L.A. Clippers- Clint Capela- PF- 6’11”- 222 LBS- Switzerland
    29. Oklahoma City- Semaj Christon- PG- 6’3″- 186 LBS- Xavier
    30. San Antonio- Jusuf Nurkic- C- 6’11”- 280 LBS- Bosnia and Herzegovina

What do you think of my mock draft? Like I was saying earlier, this is not easy at all. What do you agree with? What do you disagree with?

Sewok15
    Participant

Looks pretty good but I would find it hard to believe the Lakers would take Gordon over Smart…especially with the PG problems they had last year. Smart is a going to be a quality two way player who they could lock in as their PG of the future. I do like Gordon but not until the 8 spot at the very earliest. Many people are speculating Orlando taking Exum but you do have them getting Ennis at 12 to fil the PG void so I can’t complain much about that.

Sewok15
    Participant

Looks pretty good but I would find it hard to believe the Lakers would take Gordon over Smart…especially with the PG problems they had last year. Smart is a going to be a quality two way player who they could lock in as their PG of the future. I do like Gordon but not until the 8 spot at the very earliest. Many people are speculating Orlando taking Exum but you do have them getting Ennis at 12 to fil the PG void so I can’t complain much about that.

probasketballhoopsland
      Participant

I was torn with between the Lakers taking Smart and Gordon. I’m wondering if they are going to bring back Kendall Marshall. You could switch the Lakers and the Kings. I don’t know what the Kings are going to do with Isaiah Thomas. I was torn whether the Lakers were going to build around Smart for the future. I like your thoughts on this though. I admit I was torn on some of these pics.

probasketballhoopsland
      Participant

I was torn with between the Lakers taking Smart and Gordon. I’m wondering if they are going to bring back Kendall Marshall. You could switch the Lakers and the Kings. I don’t know what the Kings are going to do with Isaiah Thomas. I was torn whether the Lakers were going to build around Smart for the future. I like your thoughts on this though. I admit I was torn on some of these pics.

livinlegend4blk
        Participant

They are going to bring back Marshall kobe said that he wants him back

livinlegend4blk
        Participant

They are going to bring back Marshall kobe said that he wants him back

Moon River
    Participant

I see Chicago with bigger needs and better options at 16.  But I do like the Payton to the Bulls.

Moon River
    Participant

I see Chicago with bigger needs and better options at 16.  But I do like the Payton to the Bulls.

arambone
    Participant

You have Nurkic and Capela too low, and Porzingis isn’t even in your mock. But man is there a lot of talent in this draft, GR3 not so much.

arambone
    Participant

You have Nurkic and Capela too low, and Porzingis isn’t even in your mock. But man is there a lot of talent in this draft, GR3 not so much.

TenSecondTom
    Participant

I would think Randle would be a better pair to Vucevic than Vonleh in Orlando, but I think Exum is the pick there. There’s no doubts that LAL would select Smart over Gordon. If I were you, I’d take Payne to 16 (Chicago), then Nurkic to Boston at 17, then Kyle Anderson to 18 in Phoenix. Additionally, Phoenix will NOT select 3 college guys with first round picks; they have room for 1, maybe 2 rookies so maybe consider sending Saric to Phoenix in your mock, or have them selecting Micic, Bogdanovic, or Porzingis with pick 27. Interesting mock nonetheless.

TenSecondTom
    Participant

I would think Randle would be a better pair to Vucevic than Vonleh in Orlando, but I think Exum is the pick there. There’s no doubts that LAL would select Smart over Gordon. If I were you, I’d take Payne to 16 (Chicago), then Nurkic to Boston at 17, then Kyle Anderson to 18 in Phoenix. Additionally, Phoenix will NOT select 3 college guys with first round picks; they have room for 1, maybe 2 rookies so maybe consider sending Saric to Phoenix in your mock, or have them selecting Micic, Bogdanovic, or Porzingis with pick 27. Interesting mock nonetheless.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login