This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar yaboymal 12 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Demarcus Oneal
    Participant

Even though UNC and Kentucky are getting all of the hype I feel like Ohio state will have the most well balanced and dominant team, with unbeliviable depth at all postions which will lead them to be the number one team next year for most of the season. While I know that this is very pre mature and some players may not pan out but I truly believe that this team will surpass both Kentucky and UNC by the end of the season.

The Buckeyes return arguably the most dominant player in college basketball next season in Jared Sullinger and opposing teams will be hard pressed to find anyone to stop him.

Alot of Ohio State success will be determined by how well All- American center Amir Williams develops next to Sullinger, which will take alot of pressure of Sully and not allow teams to double Sullinger as much.

The Buckeyes return Deshaun Thomas who is a talented scorer and once he learns to adapt to Thad Matta’s system and play within the team concept will become a force for the Buckeyes.

Ohio State also returns William Buford who is a outstanding shooting guard and will be their do it all guy on the perimeter and the senior leader on this relatively young team. They also bring back the sensational and crafty point guard Aaron Craft will only mature in his second year and lead the team well.

The Buckeyes also bring off the bench an outstanding recruiting clas with All American Shannon Scott coming off the bench, the former number one prospect in the 2011 class Laquinton Ross, and the do-it-all ultra-athlethic wing from Chicago Sam Thompson.

ProudGrandpa
    Participant

2012, sir?

(#400)

Demarcus Oneal
    Participant

Yeah sorry about I mean 2012

llperez

Ucla bruins will win it all. Their MVP from last year in reeves Nelson is back. Josh smith could become the most dominant big man in America. And the wear twins both become eligible as well.’add in finally having an experienced backcourt with 2 seniors starting and the bruins are gonna wreck everyone.

Demarcus Oneal
    Participant

I would  feel more confident if either Malcolm Lee or Honeycutt had returned

providencefriars1
    Participant

Ohio St. lost a lot in Lighty and Diebler so there might be a few growing pains.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

They will still be a good team, and they might be in the swing of things, but I think this team might be a notch down come next year. Sullinger will be the odds on favorite for National Player of the Year, and should be a complete beast, but their depth in the front court is bupkus. They have a decent incoming freshman class, but I do not see any of them making a huge impact. Diebler and Lighty are significant players to replace, and while I am sure DeShaun Thomas will step up into one of the starting spots, I do not think LaQuinton Ross or Sam Thompson fill that other one with near the intangibles either of those two brought.

This is a team where I highly doubt the freshman make near the impact people think. Kentucky and North Carolina have some flat out better returning and incoming players, other than Sullinger. Plus, I like their depth much more, and depth proved to be a major problem when Ohio St. finally lost to Kentucky. This is the reason Kentucky and UNC are ranked ahead of Ohio St., they have more depth and more talent, their incoming players should play much more of a role right away and they simply return more talent than Ohio State, who lose 3 significant guys from a team that basically played 7 guys. Sullinger and Buford will definitely be a formidable duo, but they need much more from the PG position and I think that they will get destroyed on the wing for the most part by the more athletic and talented Kentucky Wildcats and North Carolina Tar Heels.  

Demarcus Oneal
    Participant

Preseason rankings dont mean anything, Uconn was unranked in preseason polls and they are national champs

yaboymal
    Participant

Its funny illperez you brought up ucla i totally forgot about the wear twins but slow your role, They definitley have a chance to make some noise in the pac 12 but as far as winning th national chip thats a little much. But on the real you never know in college if I would have said last year uconn would win the national chip you would have thought i was sick in the head. The one thing thats holding ucla back from being a power house again is Ben Howland yea I said it Ben Howland, he never uses his players strengths to there advantage if anything he hinders an holds back his players from playing up to there ability, as long as hes the coach I dont see them winning any naional chip the difference comparing them to uconn is uconn has a lengendary coach

yaboymal
    Participant

sullinger will be a beast but I really think there gonna miss lighty and diebler, they will make a run but I just dont see them taking it all but then again who knows its very hard to predict college ball its not like they play series its one game an your out, its about whoss better that day

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login