This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 9 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    don042488
    Participant

If the Knicks misses out on Duke’s Jahlil Okafor, I think the next best prosoect for them to select is Ohio State’s D’Angelo Russell. Emmanuel Mudiay may have more upside as a point guard, but the 6’5 combo guard, D’Angelo Russell would fit the triangle offense better with his ability to knock down 3 pointers consistently. If Phil Jackson lands his point guard of the future through the draft in D’Angelo Russell, then he can turn his attention to the plethora of available big men in free agency, such as Marc Gasol, LaMarcus Aldridge, Al Horford, Greg Monroe, and Enes Kanter.

Taylor Gang Mike
    Participant

I agree 

Taylor Gang Mike
    Participant

I agree 

roni3
    Participant

In your case, if the Knicks end up with a top 2 pick then they should trade down to the 6-12 range to get Russell and obtain more value also because picking Russell with a top 3 pick is a bit of a reach.

juves4783
      Participant

i think you got to be worried about the 76ers taking russell.  he fits their system better and they have mcw, wroten and plenty of bigs already.

juves4783
      Participant

i think you got to be worried about the 76ers taking russell.  he fits their system better and they have mcw, wroten and plenty of bigs already.

roni3
    Participant

In your case, if the Knicks end up with a top 2 pick then they should trade down to the 6-12 range to get Russell and obtain more value also because picking Russell with a top 3 pick is a bit of a reach.

don042488
    Participant

The way I see it is if you like a player just select him, because there’s a possibility you trade down and he gets selected before the pick…This is a weak draft anyway, so it wouldn’t be a big deal to draft D’Angelo Russell with a top 5 pick

don042488
    Participant

The way I see it is if you like a player just select him, because there’s a possibility you trade down and he gets selected before the pick…This is a weak draft anyway, so it wouldn’t be a big deal to draft D’Angelo Russell with a top 5 pick

Memphis Madness
    Participant

What do you guys think of Karl Anthony Towns?

Besides the possibility of a cool nickname aka Kit KAT what is his upside?

Kentucky barely beat Ole Miss last night and it looks like there are more bigs than stats to go around.

Conventional wisdom says you go after a big guy first (if both guys are equally talented).

Hope the Knicks turn it around.  They bring a lot to the league when they are good.

Phil Jackson needs to start working on his big board, not only for this draft but for the next few drafts, too.

I would say that the default strategy should be to get a great big man and surround him with shooters.  Roll the dice on a talented wing player with upside then get a bigger than average point guard who can run your stuff.

In my opinion, they need to trade Carmelo Anthony for young prospects, draft picks, cash, and veteran stop gaps who can run some Triangle.

Memphis Madness
    Participant

What do you guys think of Karl Anthony Towns?

Besides the possibility of a cool nickname aka Kit KAT what is his upside?

Kentucky barely beat Ole Miss last night and it looks like there are more bigs than stats to go around.

Conventional wisdom says you go after a big guy first (if both guys are equally talented).

Hope the Knicks turn it around.  They bring a lot to the league when they are good.

Phil Jackson needs to start working on his big board, not only for this draft but for the next few drafts, too.

I would say that the default strategy should be to get a great big man and surround him with shooters.  Roll the dice on a talented wing player with upside then get a bigger than average point guard who can run your stuff.

In my opinion, they need to trade Carmelo Anthony for young prospects, draft picks, cash, and veteran stop gaps who can run some Triangle.

knicksfreak
    Participant

Well said. I see Russell as kind of a hybrid of Brandon Roy, Damian Lillard, and James Harden. I also see him as a lower risk pick because he definitely has at least one NBA skill already; his shooting; especially from 3. He could be the prototypical lead guard in the triangle. I think he has deceptive athleticism like Harden. I love his playmaking ability at his size too. Very crafty like Brandon Roy.

I’m very afraid of all the Kentucky players. Together they are great but I’m not sure if any one deserves to be a top 5 pick. Towns would be drafted on potential but I think he tries to do too much. I’m not a fan of a center trying to float out and play on the wing. Definitely not high on Cauley-Stein either

knicksfreak
    Participant

Well said. I see Russell as kind of a hybrid of Brandon Roy, Damian Lillard, and James Harden. I also see him as a lower risk pick because he definitely has at least one NBA skill already; his shooting; especially from 3. He could be the prototypical lead guard in the triangle. I think he has deceptive athleticism like Harden. I love his playmaking ability at his size too. Very crafty like Brandon Roy.

I’m very afraid of all the Kentucky players. Together they are great but I’m not sure if any one deserves to be a top 5 pick. Towns would be drafted on potential but I think he tries to do too much. I’m not a fan of a center trying to float out and play on the wing. Definitely not high on Cauley-Stein either

rich.homie.mitch
    Participant

La12 isnt leaving Portland.

rich.homie.mitch
    Participant

La12 isnt leaving Portland.

Hitster
    Participant

Denver still has right to swap 2016 first rounder with the Knicks as part of the Melo trade. Not sure if there is any protection on it or not?

Hitster
    Participant

Denver still has right to swap 2016 first rounder with the Knicks as part of the Melo trade. Not sure if there is any protection on it or not?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login