How deep 2012draft really is??

lalaila
lalaila's picture
How deep 2012draft really is??

OK last year everyone were talking how Irving nor Williams are legit #1 picks and all of Davis Miller Gilchrist Rivers guys would probably be better prospects..then after Harrison improvements and Jared's 6'10 under 270 measurements people were saying they are better tahn all of them in 2011 draft too..now we also have Drummond there..so my question would be how deep this draft really is?? maybe to realize it let's make top10 with guys from '12 class and include Irving&Williams

Mine:

1.Andre Drummond

2.Anthony Davis

3.Harrison Barnes

4.Quincy Miller(i'm still huge believer in him, people forgot how good he can be)

5.Michael Kidd-Gilchrist(big fan..i believe he can be the best player on UK team)

6.Jared Sullinger

7.Kyrie Irving

8.Derrick Williams(i believe he will be better than Kyrie but at this time he isn't than safe prospect)

9.Perry Jones

10.James McAdoo

omphalos
omphalos's picture
I'm really not sure why

I'm really not sure why you're including Kyrie and Williams? I'd probably swap them for any combination of Brad Beal, Austin Rivers, Jeremy Lamb, Marquis Teague, Myck Kabongo among others. Making a top 10 is very difficult for this draft, as cornerstone players are available right through the lottery, and the gap between 1 and 14 is the smallest it's been in a long time in my opinion.

providencefriars1
providencefriars1's picture
You didnt need to include

You didnt need to include Williams and Irving because there are a ton of returning college guys who could fit in the mid to late lottery who are good prospects to say the least, like:

1. Kris Middleton
  2. Thomas Robinson
  3. Terrence Jones
  4. Jeremy Lamb
  5. Tyler Zeller
  6. Jon Henson
  7. Kendall Marshall
  8. Maalik Wayns
  9. Jon Jenkins
  10. Joshua Smith

The star power is up front this year like always but where I think this draft can be special is the mid first round where all these guys above could go and have successfull careers.

providencefriars1
As of now 5 negs and I dont

As of now 5 negs and I dont get what was wrong with my post can some one fill me in, lol .

adum
adum's picture
Chill

Dont cry over a couple points I dont lol you have a good ratio

Da1pot
Da1pot's picture
@Providence

Haha just evidence people don't entirely read posts... You got so many negs cause people think thats your top ten list overall, not 10 other guys who could be lotto prospects behind the obvious ones like Drummond, Davis, Barnes, Sullinger, etc.

providencefriars1
I wasnt crying about them I

I wasnt crying about them I just had no clue why I had so many for that post.

butidonthavemoney
butidonthavemoney's picture
OP

laliala's trying to ask how many prospects in this draft are better than Kyrie Irving.

He believes six players in the 2012 draft would have been the 1st overall pick in the 2011 draft.

That's why he included Irving and Williams in the list.

lalaila
lalaila's picture
thanks NoMoney alot! maybe

thanks NoMoney alot! maybe it's because my bad English but I see others don't understand me

Hitster
Hitster's picture
When I look at Aran's mock

When I look at Aran's mock and see Mchael Gilchrist and Terence Jones outside the lottery before you consider the noteable guys lead by Austin Rivers that he has currently pinned for the 2013 draft then I would see potential top 10 quality down to about number 20.

RSS: Syndicate content