This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar BothTeamsPlayedHard 5 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Mitchell has been playing well as of late. He’s gonna start reminding people why he was everybodys favourite rookie last year. He plays better the more he is expected to perform at a high level so when guys like Rubio are injured and he gets more touches he does more with it. Mitchells ideal position would be playing PG with a good passing big man and a team not scared to feed the post and a versatile pointforward surrounded by shooters. 

Gobert can feel the passing big role and Ingles is a decent versatile forward but Utah could use some more talent despite the moderate success Snyder has with this group.

Hazel
    Participant

it feels like if they could get someone like Beal at the two or Hayward (lol) at the 3-4 they would

Make a leap, putting everyone down a notch on the rotation hierarchy that would turn the to a deep 

Dangerous talented team  

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

I’ve been saying it ever since Mitchell was drafted last year. Mitchell would be much better served as a point. And this recent stretch proves it. How can you deny 33 points, 7 assists, and 2 blocks averages at point since Rubio, Dante, and Neto went down? I think come trade deadline the Jazz would be wise to trade Rubio to the Pelicans for Mirotic. Maybe even trade Favors too for a 2 guard that can shoot. This way the Jazz could start Mitchell at point, and have a stretch 4 down low to pair with Gobert. That would work out a lot better than a small ball 5 playing the 4 (Favors) and a point guard who can’t shoot. You need shooting with a rim-protecting Center like Gobert.

Now do people finally believe me that Mitchell needs to play point more often?

OhCanada-
      Participant

Yep I defenitely remember you saying that and alot of people debating it. I forget which side I was on at that time can you pull up the thread? 

I also really like Royce Oneal think hes been deserving big minutes for a while. Why does he only get heavy minutes when guys get injured? Anytime I’ve watched Utah play he pays well despite maybe not showing up on the stat sheet. Just a positive player.

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

Schedules eventually balance out (at least conference wise and the West is tougher and deeper than ever before). The Jazz had a very challenging, road-heavy, start to the year. They basically went a month without back-to-back home games, and in a location like Utah that means a lot of long flights because only Denver is remotely in the neighborhood. For a young player, really any player, that stretch will be tough.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login