This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar T-Dot-Baller 11 years ago.

• Author
    T-Dot-Baller
    Participant

With the season coming to a close, which rookies do you think deserve to be honoured on the all rookie first & Second team 2013. According to me in no specific order:

All Rookie First Team:
    Damian Lillard
    Dion Waiters
    Bradley Beal
    Anthony Davis
    Jonas Valanciunas

All Second Team:
    Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    Andre Drummond
    Chris Copeland
    Maurice Harkless
    Harrison Barnes

Drummond and J Val are debatable but I believe Val showed a much more well rounded offensive game. Both are great rebounders and shot blockers. Barnes I think is debatable as a selection for the first team putting up decent numbers on a good team. Harkless really came on near the end of the season showing great promise.

What do you guys think?

LA12
    Participant

Your teams look pretty spot on, except I’d maybe switch Drummond and Val around. The only thing making that a maybe is the back injury Drummond had half way through the season, or else I’d definitely have him on first team.

Thenilonator
    Participant

Pretty hard to argue with although I think if Terence Ross gets harkless’ minutes he could have taken his spot

BigMac12111
    Participant

I’ll probably get negged, but while I think your teams are how it’ll probably go down, I don’t think it should go that way.

First Team:
    Damian Lillard
    Anthony Davis
    Andre Drummond
    Jonas Valanciunas
    Harrison Barnes

Second Team:
    Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    Bradley Beal
    Maurice Harkless
    Dion Waiters
    Chris Copeland

Just my two cents

franfran
    Participant

First

Damian Lillard
    Anthony Davis
    Andre Drummond
    Harrison Barnes
    Dion Waiters

Second

Bradley Beal
    Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    Jonas Valanciunas
    Moe Harkless
    John Henson

nick5354
    Participant

Drummond and Val isn’t debatable. Drummond has been an absolute monster in the mintues he is getting.

the I in win
      Participant

it is debatable, similar stats and while drummond is dunking and getting garbage buckets Val is showing a jumper (to go along with garbage buckets). Both were ok defensively for rookies, drummonds needs to use his head more and Val is slightly less gifted. All in all you should explain your response rather than just bashing what someone else has said.

T-Dot-Baller
        Participant

Stole the words right out of my mouth…and also Val showed the ability to hit free throws better than some guards, hes an 80+% free throw shooter where as drummond is 35%. Thats big if your a big guy getting to the line so often

Mr. HookShot
    Participant

Agree with franfran: switch Copeland for Henson (so Henson in).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login