This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Warned2820 10 years, 12 months ago.

• Author
    AusBob
    Participant

I have been a big fan of the NBA2K series. My favorite mode is the My player.
    2KSports has done a great job and overall has made yearly improvements.:

As a fan, I hope by 2K15 the mode would allow gamers to adjust NBA players wingspan, given players personalities leading to bonding and clashes, which may effect team chemistry. Daily life distractions and events to allow player mood swings hence effect game day performances. Additionally, with the chance to represent your nation in tournaments (This could be a potential market strategy if the NBA does want to hold a Basketball World Classics, by going cyber first then populate it and schedule the event in its long term plans).

Eventually, I hope the mode turns in to a Basketball For Life mode, where the gamer can choose to play a highschool baksetball showcase and receive NCAA offers then experience the NCAA and deciding when to declare of the NBA or even get undrafted, to the D league and make your way up.

A question for people with more PC game knowledge.
    Would a basketball game like the above require a lot of AI and time to develop?
    There are baseball and soccer games that have similar game mode.

Please share, thanks.

lockdownD

Myplayer has a ton of potential as whole. They can still add so many new to it.
    Wingspan is one thing I have thought about, but how could they work it out?…cuss everybody would have 7’0ft wingspan…

lockdownD

Myplayer has a ton of potential as whole. They can still add so many new to it.
    Wingspan is one thing I have thought about, but how could they work it out?…cuss everybody would have 7’0ft wingspan…

AusBob
    Participant

so be it i guess, after all myplayer is a mode decided by the gamer. if players want it to be more challenging, shortening height and width in the same position would be an ideal challenge.

another idea i just though of was NBA contracts are paid in money terms, which may lead to players personal life hence allowing an opportunity for events that lead to friendships, purchasing high class cars and houses and eventually marriage. All these events will have some sort of effect on players in game ability.

AusBob
    Participant

so be it i guess, after all myplayer is a mode decided by the gamer. if players want it to be more challenging, shortening height and width in the same position would be an ideal challenge.

another idea i just though of was NBA contracts are paid in money terms, which may lead to players personal life hence allowing an opportunity for events that lead to friendships, purchasing high class cars and houses and eventually marriage. All these events will have some sort of effect on players in game ability.

Forte IV
    Participant

Screw my player. Make Franchise mode good.

AusBob
      Participant

Franchise mode would allow gamers to gain ability to control ticket sales, sponsors etc

AusBob
      Participant

Franchise mode would allow gamers to gain ability to control ticket sales, sponsors etc

Forte IV
    Participant

Screw my player. Make Franchise mode good.

GottaBeTheShoes
    Participant

I’d like to see My Player sort of become its own game, though I don’t know if it’d get enough sales to be separate but just a full basketball life would be awesome.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
      Participant

You mean like Ballers: Chose One and 09: Inside The NBA?

Tongue-Out-Like-23
      Participant

You mean like Ballers: Chose One and 09: Inside The NBA?

GottaBeTheShoes
    Participant

I’d like to see My Player sort of become its own game, though I don’t know if it’d get enough sales to be separate but just a full basketball life would be awesome.

LTrain32
    Participant

If they would add relocation to a creative franchise mode that would be a very interesting move as well.. Wingspan and all those other ideas seem like it would make for a great game in the future !

LTrain32
    Participant

If they would add relocation to a creative franchise mode that would be a very interesting move as well.. Wingspan and all those other ideas seem like it would make for a great game in the future !

Bob Ball
    Participant

bring back college hoops please! 2k8 college hoops was great image being able to import your my player from college!

Bob Ball
    Participant

bring back college hoops please! 2k8 college hoops was great image being able to import your my player from college!

AmiableBaller34
    Participant

I couldn’t care less about the game modes to be honest. The developers should continue doing what they have been doing these past couple of years: Get the Legends into the game, and improve upon the fluidity of the gameplay. The dribble stick was a great idea, and i’m sure they have a couple more things stashed away for future use. Personally I’d like to see them create a better AI, as well as a more in depth playbook that is easier to navigate (I shouldn’t have to click multiple configurations of buttons to call for a trap).

I adore your “Basketball for Life” idea, and would love to see it happen. The only problem is the NBA, NCAA, and D-League. All these guys would have to get bought out, or get a share, and I don’t think 2k is willing to dish out that kind of cash just yet. Maybe if they

AmiableBaller34
    Participant

I couldn’t care less about the game modes to be honest. The developers should continue doing what they have been doing these past couple of years: Get the Legends into the game, and improve upon the fluidity of the gameplay. The dribble stick was a great idea, and i’m sure they have a couple more things stashed away for future use. Personally I’d like to see them create a better AI, as well as a more in depth playbook that is easier to navigate (I shouldn’t have to click multiple configurations of buttons to call for a trap).

I adore your “Basketball for Life” idea, and would love to see it happen. The only problem is the NBA, NCAA, and D-League. All these guys would have to get bought out, or get a share, and I don’t think 2k is willing to dish out that kind of cash just yet. Maybe if they

Warned2820
    Participant

College Hoops 2K8 was amazing, I still play it regularly.

Warned2820
    Participant

College Hoops 2K8 was amazing, I still play it regularly.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login