This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar celtics1982 4 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Whos your 2nd round/undrafted projected guy who will have a good career?

I think theres a few guys that can be good in the right situation but my guy is Mariol Shayok. He reminds me of Rodney Hood. His offensive skills were kind of hidden in Virginia until he transferred to Iowa St. and showed a full offensive skillset. Was always known for his length and defense before transferring which should be something NBA teams can use.

6’6 with a 7’0 wingspan, average athlete but knows how to use it and has developed into a very good shooter. Learned how to move very well off the ball. Plays simple basketball. Finds spots on the floor for open jumpshots and when you close out on him more often than not has a very good first move off the catch and makes the right decision to create space for his shot. 

He has a loose dribble and can be kind of akward or unbalanced when finishing at the rim so his offensive upside maybe limited but I do see him becoming a decent roleplayer at the next level with potential to be much more.

He is 23 so I get that people will say he has finished developing but he just doubled his offensive output and he improves every year. First two years he shot around 60% FT’s and this year he finished at 88%. Seeing that kind of improvement is a big indacator to me that a prospect has a chance in the league.

Zouldiers
    Participant

Kyle Guy. He could have a similar career to Seth Curry.

BlueRivers25
      Participant

He will have to improve his handles a lot. I didnt see him play point much. Seth is a combo guard. 

Evan_Milberg
    Participant

I’ll go with Jaylen Nowell. I think he could be a George Hill/Derrick White type player for a playoff team. 

celtics1982
      Participant

Though not sure I see a Hill/White type guy. Watching him play it’s hard to come up with a comp, he’s very unique. He’s kinda like a bigger less athletic Terry Rozier, that shoots better, yet has a lot of turnovers and not yet close to a PG, yet Rozier wasn’t at his age either. If he can become a PG he’s going to have a long NBA career.

Why is he so low? Like why is Cameron Johnson so much higher in so many mocks? Like Nowell can do so many things Johnson can’t do. He was his teams top option, not like the third option like Johnson. Johnson can’t create his own shot and he won’t have it as easy in the NBA getting open looks and being guarded by short guards like in College.

CoachWyers
    Participant

Guys in the 2nd round to undrafted range I like are:

Jaylen Hoard

Kenny Wooten

Ignas Brazdeikis

Sabanga Konate

Jaylen Hands

Zach Norvell

Trenton Waters

Brian Bowen

The Goat
    Participant

I think Tacko Fall has a good career, drafted or not. By good career I mean that he’ll be an NBA player for many years, or at very least, a professional basketballer somewhere.

He would want to be, life would be pretty uncomfortable at that size. Not as uncomfortable as it would be for his wife, but still… for starters, I don’t think he’d do much better than Boban vs John Wick.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login