This topic contains 24 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar MattP31 9 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    valentine

How has the small sample size changed your impression of the 2014 class? Give your new top 5 prospects (irrespective of team fit). Here is mine…

1) Jabari Parker

2) Joel Embiid

3) Elfrid Payton

4) Dante Exum

5) Bojan Bogdanovic

** Please note this is 100% just for fun and you’re not a genius by pointing out that it’s way too early for this discussion.

First person to do this will have a curse placed on them that causes them to miss easy lay-ups during pickup games for the rest of their life, or until the 76ers win a game (whatever comes first).

lalaila
    Participant

OK I know you just having fun but..would you REALLY pick all them 5 over Wiggins?

Even if he won’t avg more than 8ppg his rookie year he already showed his athleticism is scary even of the NBA court, his jumpshot looks promising and his defense will be ELITE. If this is already waht we will be seeing from Andrew all year he is still very close what Paul George was as a rookie too if not better.

lalaila
    Participant

OK I know you just having fun but..would you REALLY pick all them 5 over Wiggins?

Even if he won’t avg more than 8ppg his rookie year he already showed his athleticism is scary even of the NBA court, his jumpshot looks promising and his defense will be ELITE. If this is already waht we will be seeing from Andrew all year he is still very close what Paul George was as a rookie too if not better.

MattP31
    Participant

How does Embiid stay at #2 without playing while Wiggins drops out of the Top 5?

MattP31
    Participant

How does Embiid stay at #2 without playing while Wiggins drops out of the Top 5?

mcbailey
    Participant

The better question is why are we doing this at all? The season has barely even started.

mcbailey
    Participant

The better question is why are we doing this at all? The season has barely even started.

Rip255

Good luck with those layups

Rip255

Good luck with those layups

khaled_a_d
    Participant

Bojan Bogdanovic was drafted in 2011,Bogdan Bogdanović on the other hand was drafted in 2014 but he isn’t NBA player yet

khaled_a_d
    Participant

Bojan Bogdanovic was drafted in 2011,Bogdan Bogdanović on the other hand was drafted in 2014 but he isn’t NBA player yet

OhCanada-
    Participant

Wiggins is playing his role fine. At this point he is just missing open shots and gettinf adjusted to the physicality on the wing. Defensively he is holding his own. 

The way Flip Saunders develops his young players is oldschool. He basically is sayong when you are a better player all around then Thaddeus Young, Kevin Martin, Corey Brewer you can have their minutes. Same goes for Bennett, Lavine, and Dieng. This forces them to improve on the intangobles of thw game and give a conaistant effort. Martins contract is movable and Thad likely will not be resigned after this year so this year is strictly for development.

I said this after KU got eliminated last year. Wiggins is raw and he will be developed slow and have the same development process as Paul George. Anybody that expected him to score 18-ppg is kidding themselves.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Wiggins is playing his role fine. At this point he is just missing open shots and gettinf adjusted to the physicality on the wing. Defensively he is holding his own. 

The way Flip Saunders develops his young players is oldschool. He basically is sayong when you are a better player all around then Thaddeus Young, Kevin Martin, Corey Brewer you can have their minutes. Same goes for Bennett, Lavine, and Dieng. This forces them to improve on the intangobles of thw game and give a conaistant effort. Martins contract is movable and Thad likely will not be resigned after this year so this year is strictly for development.

I said this after KU got eliminated last year. Wiggins is raw and he will be developed slow and have the same development process as Paul George. Anybody that expected him to score 18-ppg is kidding themselves.

Mopgrass
      Participant

I do think Bennett is better than Brewer today.

MattP31
        Participant

Bennett and Brewer are totally different players. Bennett is more of a 4 who can play the 3 while Brewer is a 3 who can play the two. Bennett’s game is more interior and boards while Brewer is more of a perimeter guy known for his defense. Whether Bennett is or isn’t a better player isn’t really that relevent considering they are mostly competing with different sets of players for time despite the fact they can each play the 3.

MattP31
        Participant

Bennett and Brewer are totally different players. Bennett is more of a 4 who can play the 3 while Brewer is a 3 who can play the two. Bennett’s game is more interior and boards while Brewer is more of a perimeter guy known for his defense. Whether Bennett is or isn’t a better player isn’t really that relevent considering they are mostly competing with different sets of players for time despite the fact they can each play the 3.

Mopgrass
      Participant

I do think Bennett is better than Brewer today.

BogDon_Krypt
    Participant

Bojan Bogdanovic can Bogdan, but he can’t straight up Bogdan like Bogdan Bogdanovic. 

BogDon_Krypt
    Participant

Bojan Bogdanovic can Bogdan, but he can’t straight up Bogdan like Bogdan Bogdanovic. 

TarHeelRaven
    Participant

Dude, wait until at least the all-star break to do this. Jabari Parker is averaging 10 and 7 and less than an assist a game. He had a game of 5 turnovers and has three times as many turnovers as assists. His shooting numbers are absolutely abysmal. 25 percent from 3, 37 percent from the floor, 66 percent from the free throw line. Those numbers justify him being the number one pick? Those numbers don’t justify him being a top 5 pick. I’m sure he’ll improve but you can’t redo the 2014 draft after 5 games.

TarHeelRaven
    Participant

Dude, wait until at least the all-star break to do this. Jabari Parker is averaging 10 and 7 and less than an assist a game. He had a game of 5 turnovers and has three times as many turnovers as assists. His shooting numbers are absolutely abysmal. 25 percent from 3, 37 percent from the floor, 66 percent from the free throw line. Those numbers justify him being the number one pick? Those numbers don’t justify him being a top 5 pick. I’m sure he’ll improve but you can’t redo the 2014 draft after 5 games.

username_taken
    Participant

Embiid rises up a spot without playing a game, and Wiggins drops out of the top 5? Lmao

username_taken
    Participant

Embiid rises up a spot without playing a game, and Wiggins drops out of the top 5? Lmao

Hector_Reyes_8
    Participant

I would’ve pointed out “it’s too early” but I play pickup at school and need to make those layups. I think I’ll die before the Sixers win. If I don’t post in week, oh well. I made that 3 over the school douchebag chipmunk.

Hector_Reyes_8
    Participant

I would’ve pointed out “it’s too early” but I play pickup at school and need to make those layups. I think I’ll die before the Sixers win. If I don’t post in week, oh well. I made that 3 over the school douchebag chipmunk.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login