This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar jmarg25 10 years ago.

• Author
    PowerofX
    Participant

Here’s my first 2014 mock draft. The Title Game was about a week ago, we’ve all had that long to digest that and have a pretty good idea of who’s staying in school and who’s coming out. Only constructive feedback on selections and comparisons. The comparisons are a work in progress, and I explain why I have some highly touted prospects falling. Check it out!

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_mock_drafts/comments/20456

Ty Benjamins
    Participant

You really think Andrew Wiggins can be T Mac pre injury? Wooooowwwww

Ty Benjamins
    Participant

You really think Andrew Wiggins can be T Mac pre injury? Wooooowwwww

Wälse
    Participant

I appreciate a good mock, but when I saw Gary Harris best case Vince Carter, I stopped reading. You must mean 2014 Vince Carter…only possible explanation

Wälse
    Participant

I appreciate a good mock, but when I saw Gary Harris best case Vince Carter, I stopped reading. You must mean 2014 Vince Carter…only possible explanation

cuseflynn10
    Participant

Im not sure if Embiid would fall past #3. If someone does move into the top 3, Exum could be a guy who makes a strong case with predraft workouts, but at this point, I think Exum has more questions surrounding his game than Embiid and his back.

You said Tyler Ennis didnt show up in the Dayton game. Thats the furthest thing from the truth. He was the only one to show up. And Boeheim didnt say anything bashing Ennis’ game, as a matter of fact he gave him nothing but compliments all season. Boeheim just questioned if he was really ready physically for the next level, and I think that is a fair question to raise.

You have Capela and Saric going 14/15. Not saying it couldnt happen, but Capela is too young to bring over and expect an impact right away to draft at 14 I think. As for Saric, he could definitely go at 15 or higher but whether he declares or not is a whole other question, so its too early to tell if he will be in this 2014 draft class.

Players slip on draft night every year. But Id be shocked if Lavine and Grant fell that late in the first. Not saying it isnt possible, but it only takes one GM to fall in love with their athleticism and potential to draft them higher.

cuseflynn10
    Participant

Im not sure if Embiid would fall past #3. If someone does move into the top 3, Exum could be a guy who makes a strong case with predraft workouts, but at this point, I think Exum has more questions surrounding his game than Embiid and his back.

You said Tyler Ennis didnt show up in the Dayton game. Thats the furthest thing from the truth. He was the only one to show up. And Boeheim didnt say anything bashing Ennis’ game, as a matter of fact he gave him nothing but compliments all season. Boeheim just questioned if he was really ready physically for the next level, and I think that is a fair question to raise.

You have Capela and Saric going 14/15. Not saying it couldnt happen, but Capela is too young to bring over and expect an impact right away to draft at 14 I think. As for Saric, he could definitely go at 15 or higher but whether he declares or not is a whole other question, so its too early to tell if he will be in this 2014 draft class.

Players slip on draft night every year. But Id be shocked if Lavine and Grant fell that late in the first. Not saying it isnt possible, but it only takes one GM to fall in love with their athleticism and potential to draft them higher.

Ihateusernames
    Participant

Shabazz Napier’s best case is Mike Bibby and worst is Sam Cassell?? First of all you could argue Cassell was a better player than Bibby, and either way you think he will be a 20ppg scorer in the league and All star??? Ok. Should be higher than 24th in that case.

Gary Harris and Vince Carter is hilarious.

Why is every skinny Indiana big man compared to Jared Jeffries?

Cleanthony Early best case Glen Rice, worst Jamal Mashburn? Again, both multiple all stars, should have Early going earlier (no pun intended) in that case.

Ihateusernames
    Participant

Shabazz Napier’s best case is Mike Bibby and worst is Sam Cassell?? First of all you could argue Cassell was a better player than Bibby, and either way you think he will be a 20ppg scorer in the league and All star??? Ok. Should be higher than 24th in that case.

Gary Harris and Vince Carter is hilarious.

Why is every skinny Indiana big man compared to Jared Jeffries?

Cleanthony Early best case Glen Rice, worst Jamal Mashburn? Again, both multiple all stars, should have Early going earlier (no pun intended) in that case.

imAboutDatAction
    Participant

Telling by your best/worst case for Gary Harris, it seems like you think he’s an elite athlete who lives above the rim…which is NOT the case. i think you need to watch some tape on him, cus you clearly have a misunderstanding about his athletcism.

imAboutDatAction
    Participant

Telling by your best/worst case for Gary Harris, it seems like you think he’s an elite athlete who lives above the rim…which is NOT the case. i think you need to watch some tape on him, cus you clearly have a misunderstanding about his athletcism.

Afactor4
    Participant

I’m not sure if I agree with the Noah Vonleh -> Jared Jeffries comparison lol

Afactor4
    Participant

I’m not sure if I agree with the Noah Vonleh -> Jared Jeffries comparison lol

jmarg25
    Participant

On what planet is Kelly Olynyk one of the biggest busts of the lottery?

jmarg25
    Participant

On what planet is Kelly Olynyk one of the biggest busts of the lottery?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login