This topic contains 60 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar European Basketballer 10 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    European Basketballer
    Participant

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/113030/180

2012-2013 All-Euroleague First Team:

Vassilis Spanoulis – 5th selection
    Dimitris Diamantidis – 4th selection
    Rudy Fernandez – 1st selection
    Nenad Krstic – 2nd selection
    Ante Tomic – 1st selection

2012-2013 All-Euroleague Second Team:

Milos Teodosic – 3rd selection
    Juan Carlos Navarro – 7th selection
    Viktor Khryapa – 2nd selection
    Nikola Mirotic – 1st selection
    Shawn James – 1st selection

BenchWarmer
    Participant

Not enough greek players for my liking..

BenchWarmer
    Participant

Not enough greek players for my liking..

paradigmn
    Participant

I actually liked Kristic when he was on the Celtics. I don’t want a sound like a hater, but could you imagine Kristic being 1st team NBA? Just another example that the NBA is truly the greatest league in the world.

European Basketballer
      Participant

You use the NBA center position to argue NBA is better than Euroleague………………….REALLY? OK.

NBA center position is an absolute JOKE. The so-called best center in NBA, Howard, can’t even make a simple offensive basketball move, and can’t even shoot free throws.

r377r377
        r377
        Participant

haha i always look forward to Euro’s posts. He does have some truth in that Howard comment…

r377r377
        r377
        Participant

haha i always look forward to Euro’s posts. He does have some truth in that Howard comment…

BigMac12111
        Participant

I can’t dispute the free throws (I’ve been saying for years that he should go underhand) but the knock on his offensive game is a joke. He puts the ball in the basket for points; doesn’t matter if it isn’t smooth or doesn’t look pretty, he gets it done. Simple as that.

BigMac12111
        Participant

I can’t dispute the free throws (I’ve been saying for years that he should go underhand) but the knock on his offensive game is a joke. He puts the ball in the basket for points; doesn’t matter if it isn’t smooth or doesn’t look pretty, he gets it done. Simple as that.

European Basketballer
      Participant

You use the NBA center position to argue NBA is better than Euroleague………………….REALLY? OK.

NBA center position is an absolute JOKE. The so-called best center in NBA, Howard, can’t even make a simple offensive basketball move, and can’t even shoot free throws.

paradigmn
    Participant

I actually liked Kristic when he was on the Celtics. I don’t want a sound like a hater, but could you imagine Kristic being 1st team NBA? Just another example that the NBA is truly the greatest league in the world.

GoJOSH HUESTIS
    Participant

The euro game is a lot different. More of a team game

GoJOSH HUESTIS
    Participant

The euro game is a lot different. More of a team game

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

Does Ante Tomic have a buy out this year?
    Would be fun to watch Kanter/Favors/Tomic front court.

pohani komarac
      Participant

Jazz GM stated he will talk with Tomic this summer, but recently for Croatian media Tomic stated he will stay with Barcelona and does not plan leaving for NBA, that NBA is out of his plans for future

Maybe he changes his mind in future, but it sound for now he will never try him self

pohani komarac
      Participant

Jazz GM stated he will talk with Tomic this summer, but recently for Croatian media Tomic stated he will stay with Barcelona and does not plan leaving for NBA, that NBA is out of his plans for future

Maybe he changes his mind in future, but it sound for now he will never try him self

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

Does Ante Tomic have a buy out this year?
    Would be fun to watch Kanter/Favors/Tomic front court.

scliddiard
    Participant

That is interesting that Tomic was 1st team , as a Jazz fan I followed how he was doing for a few years and then thought Na he isn’t going to amount to anything, and haven’t even tried to follow how he has done this yr. Being 1st team Euro doesn’t mean he would be anthing special in the NBA but he could at least be a decent 3rd big. Maybe the Jazz could bring him over and let him team up with Kanter and Favors and then they wouldn’t have to use a draft pick on a big. The Jazz need some players who can create off the dribble and that can shoot, so if Tomic could produce enough to be the Jazz 3rd big that would be good. If the Jazz don’t resign either Big Al or Milsap they will need a 3rd big but if Tomic could fill that roll the Jazz could focus on a point guard and a long 3. At this point in evaluating the players in the draft, I’d hope they could get Schroder and Giannis A, I doubt Tomic will end up coming over but you never know.

European Basketballer
      Participant

Please, please, PLEASE tell me you are freaking joking in saying Tomic would be a 3rd big man on Jazz.

You have got to be freaking kidding me.

he_gets_buckets
        Participant

They are going to play Favors and Kanter over him as they have proven they can produce at the NBA level and in the NBA game.

European Basketballer
          Participant

Well then, that would be exactly why Tomic refuses to sign with the Jazz. If they won’t treat him right, he should never consider playing for them. He is totally right and smart in that decision.

This BS how NBA tams plays worse players over better ones, just because the better one is “from the Euroleague”, is absolutely ridiculous. The Jazz management are completely incompetent fools if they think Favors and Kanter are better than Tomic.

BigMac12111
            Participant

If by “incompetent fools” you mean completely right.

BigMac12111
            Participant

If by “incompetent fools” you mean completely right.

European Basketballer
          Participant

Well then, that would be exactly why Tomic refuses to sign with the Jazz. If they won’t treat him right, he should never consider playing for them. He is totally right and smart in that decision.

This BS how NBA tams plays worse players over better ones, just because the better one is “from the Euroleague”, is absolutely ridiculous. The Jazz management are completely incompetent fools if they think Favors and Kanter are better than Tomic.

he_gets_buckets
        Participant

They are going to play Favors and Kanter over him as they have proven they can produce at the NBA level and in the NBA game.

European Basketballer
      Participant

Please, please, PLEASE tell me you are freaking joking in saying Tomic would be a 3rd big man on Jazz.

You have got to be freaking kidding me.

scliddiard
    Participant

That is interesting that Tomic was 1st team , as a Jazz fan I followed how he was doing for a few years and then thought Na he isn’t going to amount to anything, and haven’t even tried to follow how he has done this yr. Being 1st team Euro doesn’t mean he would be anthing special in the NBA but he could at least be a decent 3rd big. Maybe the Jazz could bring him over and let him team up with Kanter and Favors and then they wouldn’t have to use a draft pick on a big. The Jazz need some players who can create off the dribble and that can shoot, so if Tomic could produce enough to be the Jazz 3rd big that would be good. If the Jazz don’t resign either Big Al or Milsap they will need a 3rd big but if Tomic could fill that roll the Jazz could focus on a point guard and a long 3. At this point in evaluating the players in the draft, I’d hope they could get Schroder and Giannis A, I doubt Tomic will end up coming over but you never know.

ItsVictorOladipo
    Participant

I have not seen Mirotic play? How good is he? Could he be an impact player on the Bulls when he comes over?

European Basketballer
      Participant

He’s a very good player for his age, and he is indeed a nice player. He’s also the second most overrated player in the HISTORY of Europe, after only Rubio.

He’s a good player, but he’s about 1/10 as good as US sports media hype claims.

pohani komarac
        Participant

Eurolegue 2nd team and most likey MVP of ACB legue playing for one of top europian clubs at age of 22. It sounds he prooved him self on elite europian level

you are delusional and blinded with hate

European Basketballer
          Participant

You are a liar and a troll that does not even watch Euroleague or ACB and just makes up stuff here all the time.

Mirotic is a good player, but no way in hell is he one of 10 best players or 2 best power forwards in Euroleague. You just prove again what a complete troll and poser you are, and that you are never ever watching Euroleague ever.

European Basketballer
          Participant

You are a liar and a troll that does not even watch Euroleague or ACB and just makes up stuff here all the time.

Mirotic is a good player, but no way in hell is he one of 10 best players or 2 best power forwards in Euroleague. You just prove again what a complete troll and poser you are, and that you are never ever watching Euroleague ever.

pohani komarac
        Participant

Eurolegue 2nd team and most likey MVP of ACB legue playing for one of top europian clubs at age of 22. It sounds he prooved him self on elite europian level

you are delusional and blinded with hate

European Basketballer
      Participant

He’s a very good player for his age, and he is indeed a nice player. He’s also the second most overrated player in the HISTORY of Europe, after only Rubio.

He’s a good player, but he’s about 1/10 as good as US sports media hype claims.

pohani komarac
      Participant

Yes. he has all tool to be good NBA player.

pohani komarac
      Participant

Yes. he has all tool to be good NBA player.

ItsVictorOladipo
    Participant

I have not seen Mirotic play? How good is he? Could he be an impact player on the Bulls when he comes over?

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
    Participant

There is no arguement as to which league is better… let alone a beaten up former NBA center that’s trying to stash away a few bucks for retirement by playing in europe and making a couple wnba all star teams..

European Basketballer
      Participant

NBA is crap these days. The NBA playoffs is one pure crap team after another, except just maybe Bulls and Heat, they pure are crap. NBA level is REALLY low at this current time.

I’d take every Euroleague Final Four team, over about every NBA team, except maybe the Heat.

he_gets_buckets
        Participant

The center on the Euroleague All-First team is Nenad Kristic. Your argument is invalid.

European Basketballer
          Participant

The “best center in the NBA” is Dwight Howard. You don’t even have an argument at all.

BigMac12111
            Participant

Dwight Howard would destroy any single big man in Euroleague and rack up a nasty stat-line every night against them. YOU are the one with no argument.

BigMac12111
            Participant

Dwight Howard would destroy any single big man in Euroleague and rack up a nasty stat-line every night against them. YOU are the one with no argument.

European Basketballer
          Participant

The “best center in the NBA” is Dwight Howard. You don’t even have an argument at all.

he_gets_buckets
        Participant

The center on the Euroleague All-First team is Nenad Kristic. Your argument is invalid.

European Basketballer
      Participant

NBA is crap these days. The NBA playoffs is one pure crap team after another, except just maybe Bulls and Heat, they pure are crap. NBA level is REALLY low at this current time.

I’d take every Euroleague Final Four team, over about every NBA team, except maybe the Heat.

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
    Participant

There is no arguement as to which league is better… let alone a beaten up former NBA center that’s trying to stash away a few bucks for retirement by playing in europe and making a couple wnba all star teams..

Gronounours
    Participant

Krstic, Fernandez or Spanoulis have had the opportunity to show their talent in the NBA. It has not been that impressive. Because of racism, probably, but still.

Anton123
      Participant

Both Kristic and Fernadez were above-average NBA players, had it not been for the injuries, Kristic would have been a 15 ppg scorer for a couple of years.
      Fernandez was good, but he was unhappy all the time for one reason or another, it wasn’t ever a question if he was good enough for the NBA, it was if he wanted to be an NBA player or not.

Gronounours
        Participant

I’m not saying these are bad players, and I actually like Fernandez. But even in the best of cases, they wouldn’t be “elite” by any means in the NBA. EB is out of his mind.

European Basketballer
          Participant

Yes, 36 year old Prigioni starting in NBA playoffs………

Crap Euroleague players like Rubio, Dragic, Jennings, Lawson being considered among “better NBA point guards”……….

Guys like Copeland that could not even make the Euroleague despite years of trying in rotation of NBA playoff teams……….

Players like Neal that were total scrubs in Euroleague making 6th men roles in NBA playoff teams…….

NBA rotation players like Reggie Williams, Zaza Pachulia, Jannero Pargo, Goran Dragic, Ty Lawson, Flip Murray, etc. absolutely sucking and then some when they went to the Euroleague to play………

Galinari, Kirilenko, and Batum with the same or worse stats in Euroleague as what they have in the NBA.

And many more such examples.

Clearly, you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

Warned2820
            Participant

lol so now stats matter? Stats didn’t manner when you were trying to argue that horrible greek PG that played for the Rockets would be the best PG in the NBA

Warned2820
            Participant

lol so now stats matter? Stats didn’t manner when you were trying to argue that horrible greek PG that played for the Rockets would be the best PG in the NBA

European Basketballer
          Participant

Yes, 36 year old Prigioni starting in NBA playoffs………

Crap Euroleague players like Rubio, Dragic, Jennings, Lawson being considered among “better NBA point guards”……….

Guys like Copeland that could not even make the Euroleague despite years of trying in rotation of NBA playoff teams……….

Players like Neal that were total scrubs in Euroleague making 6th men roles in NBA playoff teams…….

NBA rotation players like Reggie Williams, Zaza Pachulia, Jannero Pargo, Goran Dragic, Ty Lawson, Flip Murray, etc. absolutely sucking and then some when they went to the Euroleague to play………

Galinari, Kirilenko, and Batum with the same or worse stats in Euroleague as what they have in the NBA.

And many more such examples.

Clearly, you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

Gronounours
        Participant

I’m not saying these are bad players, and I actually like Fernandez. But even in the best of cases, they wouldn’t be “elite” by any means in the NBA. EB is out of his mind.

Anton123
      Participant

Both Kristic and Fernadez were above-average NBA players, had it not been for the injuries, Kristic would have been a 15 ppg scorer for a couple of years.
      Fernandez was good, but he was unhappy all the time for one reason or another, it wasn’t ever a question if he was good enough for the NBA, it was if he wanted to be an NBA player or not.

Gronounours
    Participant

Krstic, Fernandez or Spanoulis have had the opportunity to show their talent in the NBA. It has not been that impressive. Because of racism, probably, but still.

pohani komarac
    Participant

And Nikola Mirotic won MVP of ACB league

pohani komarac
    Participant

And Nikola Mirotic won MVP of ACB league

European Basketballer
    Participant

ACB is a joke league compared to Euroleague. Andy Panko was ACB MVP last season. Andy freaking Panko. Please just stop. You are such a huge troll.

European Basketballer
    Participant

ACB is a joke league compared to Euroleague. Andy Panko was ACB MVP last season. Andy freaking Panko. Please just stop. You are such a huge troll.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login