This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar surve 12 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Cardinal_Fan
    Participant

I heard Doug Gottlieb say that according to some nba scouts that he has talked to, Napier is perhaps the most ready NBA point guard in college this year. In a year where the 1 and done projected pg’s havent really proved that they are ready 2 make the jump i thought about it and agreed.

The only other pg that has looked good pro ready imo is Maalik Wayans. Nova’s other players haven’t really stepped up and provided much help for him but he has flat out balled this year!!! He an Napier have set themselves apart this imo. 

Teague hasn’t looked impressive at all, Josiah Turner out at Arizona was another projected 1 and done PG that hasnt looked the part. Kabongo looks the closest of the 1st year pg’s imo. Tony Wroten is more in he Tyreke mold imo so i dont wanna really label him as a pure PG, although he has looked very impressive and has shown flashes of star potential this year.

Wut r u guys opinions??? Would love to get as much feedback as possible.

surve
    Participant

My opinion is, none of them are really ready.  Teague should stay another year and I think he will.  If Napier continues to play well, he should go.  Kabongo should stay.   No question Turner will stay, he has not been as good as advertised yet.

benjo34

My favourite one is Wroten..he could be like John Wall he isnt quick like Wall but he is strong and he has exelent court vision,so if he start using his vision in nba he could have maybe 18 ppg and 10 asists..Teague will be good but i think he sould stay one more year at Kentucky

JoeWolf1

I’m not very excited about any point guards in this class either. 

It seems as if there has almost been a surplus of point guards in the past few years.  Not really the case this season, but there are 3 legit top 10 SG’s this season in Barnes, Lamb and Beal.  Repeat Lotto offenders who have taken points in recent history would be wise to try to get one of these SG’s.  Shooting guards worthy of being taken in the top 10 aren’t very common and a good young back court goes a long way.

bdiddy5115
    Participant

Marshall is by far the most NBA ready PG in college ball. Is he the best prospect at the position? That’s debatable. It’s funny because everyone of the guys brings something radically different, so it depends on the team.

Wroten: Fantastic size, explosiveness, handles etc…Can he effectively run an offense? Can he shoot?

Kabongo: Full court floor general with natual tools for the position. Is he ready for the next level, physically or mentally?

Marshall: Elite vision, IQ and passing ability with good size. Are his shortcomings athletically and scoring-wise too great?

Then you have guys like Teague and Lilliard who should get a look in the 1st as well.

I personally like Kabongo the best, but I think he’d be making a mistake coming out this year. He still has a lot of developing to do, both physically and mentally, like I mentioned.

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

This draft certainly lacks NBA ready point guards, or a top point guard prospect that has seperated himself from the rest of the pack.  I don’t see and "elite" point guard in this group and I also think they all could use another year of development to get a better feel for them.  For those very same reason a few will leave because there isn’t any depth at that position in this draft and their stock won’t be getting higher.  

Taylor Gang Mike
    Participant

I think Teague has to brighest future, he reminds me of Lou Williams or His brother Jeff. But he might stay another year, My boy Harrow gonna be there next year, so he might leave because Coach cal might wanna play them both on and off. But i like Napier as the most ready, he reminds me of Marbury ALLOT. Shabazz isnt athletic as starbury, but he is quick and has a quick release. Wroten is sharp, but he might need another year, he would do good in a Phoenix system. and im not a huge Kendall Marshall fan, but he can pass, he reminds me of mark jackson

canesboy6
    Participant

I like Kendall Marshall alot. He is nowhere near NBA ready. He can’t go right, shoot, or stay in front of anybody right now. He is the most overrated prospect in the game right now.

He can be an Andre Miller type guard but he is a 4 year prospect to me. Gaping holes in his game right now that make  him very easy to gameplan against. 

Teague looks good to me. He is obviously learning the potential but he has starter potential. Kabongo, I just don’t get the hype. He looks like a backup to me, he is definately an NBA player but I dont see a single special attribute about him at the NBA level. He is just competent, not special to me.

A couple under the radar a little bit guys I like are Damian Lillard, Ray Mcallum, and Peyton Siva. I think Siva’s game will transition well to the more open NBA game. Lillard has good size and a well rounded game on both sides of the ball. Mcallum has good physical attributes too, and has alot of Kyle Lowry in his game.

I’d be shocked if Marshall came out this year and if he did I’d be surprised if he was drafted in the first round. He wont test well and I think he’d look really bad in workouts one on one against the better Pg’s in the country right now. I love his leadership and passing but he needs to at least be a competent shooter, especially with his athletic limitations.

So raspy
    Participant

Wroten’s the man, he’s the best point guard prospect in College basketball. By alot. Don’t sleep on Iona’s Scott Machado either. He’s an NBA player.

PabloFiasco
    Participant

Its tough…none of them have separated themselves from the bunch. They all show flashes of promise but then immaturity shows again. I’m not sold on Kendall Marshall b/c of his lack of athletic ability, he can’t defend and his inability to hit shots consistently. He’s a great at running the team but hey Jason Kidd can at least hit a 3pt shot.

FastAndFurious
    Participant

Everyone thinks Teague needs to come back including myself, but it’s not happening, he’s playing for the #2 team in the country, for a guy that is running an NBA factory, his HS accolades alone would probably get him in the first round on top of that he is playing decent(At times) for UK, add in he’s jet quick,fast in the open floor, big and strong(6’2 190) explosive, and can jump, I still say you got a mid lottery pick with Teague.

Has he proved it? Hell nah, but the NBA is all about potential, and he has a boatload of it, he has all the tools and then some to be at best a solid PG in the league even if he doesn’t maximize his full potential.

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

I agree, Teague is most likely gone after this year, but I thought the same about Terrence Jones, but the lockout might have factored into that. Also Teagues stock is higher now than Jones’ was at the end of last year. 

surve
    Participant

I think Davis, MKG, and Jones are leaving, and maybe Lamb, that would allow Teague to absolutely show off next year…plus play off the ball some too with Harrow.  Out of all the prospects, Teague is the most well rounded and his weaknesses arent as glaring.

Marshall can be as good a shooter as J-Kidd, if you seen him play sometimes this year he has hit two or three 3-pointers in a game, then other games he bricks them.  it took Kidd a loooooong time to shoot that good, when he came out of HS he was a brick mason.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login