This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar franfran 13 years ago.

• Author
    Lotto Stud
    Participant

I know it’s quite early for this, but who do you have in your Finals matchup?

I may get bashed for this, but this is what I truly see in the Finals this year. I know the 2 favorites out the West are the Lakers & Spurs, but the way Durant & Westbrook have been playing is phenomenal especially Westbrook these last past couple of games. Durant just has to watch out for those freak accidents & be healthy come playoff time. Although L.A. has added some key pieces this season, I still believe OKC will get it done. It may not be like last years playoff matchup, but with the addition of Perkins it helps a lot in building a case for contending for the title.

Chicago has been my pick for awhile now DRose has been playing the best ball of his career which he should make him become a LOCK for the MVP. If Noah can stay out of foul trouble by guarding players such as Garnett, Amare` & Dwight it will be so much easier for Chicago to stay in the game. Boozer needs to stay healthy. Chicago should have no problems on the boards with Noah, Boozer, Gibson, & Brewer all those guys attack the boards well. They are a defensive minded team so that should be in their favor. I like Kyle Korver as an outside threat to stretch the D for Rose to penetrate the paint, but Chicago should have made a move before the deadline to acquire a legitimate 2 such as Mayo or J.R. Smith.

I’m a firm believer that Oklahoma City vs Chicago will be the matchup in the Finals & the Bulls will take it in Game 6. I also believe DRose will be both the regular season & Finals MVP.

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

Hate to say it but the Lakers will want to get that last ring for Phil Jackson before he leaves. It would be a great to honor him. And the Lakers really know how to turn it on in the playoffs. They don’t care who they are playing, they know they are the favorite and realy know how to play in the playoffs. So don’t count them out. Kobe wil not be mocked. I like the Thunder and I’ll be rooting for them but I know the Lakers are still gonna be tough to beat come playoff time. They’ll want revenge for not finishing off the Thunder earlier last year.

I also like Chicago in the Finals too, but this might Doc Rivers last year coaching, and as such the Celtics will want to give him one last ring. They may not have Perkins but I believe both Shaq and Jermaine Oneal will be healthy come playoff time. Noah will have a tough stopping that rotation. And well Boozer, he never makes it that far. Trust me in Utah he never could get past the Western Conference Finals and he only made it their once. And Utah pretty much had the same team as the Bulls do this year. Dwill was better as his wrist was not hurting him as much as it is now. So he was probably just as good as Rose is now. And the east is much better this year. He will have to face Amare, Garnett, the Heat. But I would root for the Bulls if it comes down to the Bulls or the Celtics which I believe it will.

Right now I still have the Lakers and Celtics in the Finals. (I don’t want this to be the matchup but I can’t doubt how the Lakers and Celtics are in the playoffs) I too would love to see the Bulls playing Thunder but I just don’t see either of them getting that far cuz I have to give respect to how the Lakers and the Celtics play in the playoffs as much as I hate both teams.

DanEboy
    Participant

I say this with much bias so take it with a grain of salt……

Bulls vs. Lakers

Bulls get home court advantage, take game 7 in Chicago, the Mad House on Madison is renamed the Rose Garden, Portland sues, loses the lawsuit as David Stern slyly walks out of the courtroom, and the new mayor, Rahm Emanuel, allows Derrick Rose to walk around with his dic.k hanging out for 30 days and is allowed to rub it on anyone he wants.

Ghost01
    Participant

I would have to say Bulls vs Lakers right now. I hope to god OKC proves me wrong, but i think the Lakers are the best team in the west right now. San Antonio is quiet. Theer record is ridiculous and we shhouldnt count them out. or Dallas.

nappy headed whitey

… but it just looks like the Lakers are going to get the Larry O’Brian Trophy once again. Who can fuck with Gasol and Bynum? Gasol WILL be soft at times during the playoffs but Bynum has really shown that he will step up in big games and against opposing dominant big men (ie vs Dwight when they played last). Even though people call them "boring", I would much rather see the Spurs in the finals. Mark my words, OKC will make the WCF but just are not ready yet to deal with LA. As far as the East, I don’t even think it matters who makes it as they will lose. Miami starts ERIK DAMPIER…..come on now. Celtics are depending on Shaq, which isn’t necessarily a horrible thing, as he played great at the begining of the year and will be well rested if he comes back completely healthy. I think the Bulls will come out of the East, and with Boozer and Noah, they have the best frontline next to LA and D-Rose has a GIGANTIC advantage over Fish’s old ass. Kobe is just too much in the playoffs man. but i’m like Bart Scott right now…………. CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

The lake show2

I say my lakers. Most people on here thought the lakers were finished and old a couple months ago so you probably wont see many people saying the lakers in the finals

Hitster
    Participant

Chicago against OKC would be a great final and maybe the first of many battles between Rose and Durant. It would also be the start of a new generation of challenging teams perhaps.

I’ll back D-Rose for MVP strongly and the Bulls may have Chicago’s number but Boston do have all that depth and experience and do match up well with the Bulls.

Out West the Thunder are going great guns but the Spurs and the Lakers are still rock solid and everyone knows that both can step up a level in the play-offs.

The media probably want Miami/Boston vs Lakers but any combo of the above would be a great final in my eyes.

As a neutral you want to see two new teams but it could also be last chance saloon for a lot of teams if the lockout comes.

OldSkoolBasketball
    Participant

Can we actually see OKC win a playoff series first before putting them into the finals? They are good but cmon they haven’t won a series yet.

Hitster
    Participant

The Thunder would still likely have to overcome the Spurs in any Conference Semi Final and then maybe the Lakers in the Conference Finals so it would be a hard job.

Does anyone else think the play-offs are really loaded this year and Conference Semi Final games onward could easily grace an NBA final. I wonder if any team that disposes of their opposition quickly could really have an advantage given the toll that long series can take on players especially when the star guys are playing over 40mpg and bench depth will really count. Of course the wildcard is that franchise players can have a huge series and win games on their own, Kobe, LeBron, D-Wade and maybe D-Rose and Durant could all have monster runs.

natedoggg
    Participant

as dull as it may seem but i firmly beleive it will be lakers vs celtics again.

My only upset to that would be if the bulls can knock of the celtics. which is highly possible.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Any more predictions??????

andxxx
    Participant

Lakers VS Bulls

franfran
    Participant

THUNDER VS HEAT

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login