This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar fastdan 13 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    cap777
    Participant

I’ve heard a lot about this but I don’t really have an understanding of why something like this would occur. Would anyone care to post a general summary of what the problems are within the NBA.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Rudy Gay got a max contract…

Michael.S.
    Participant

Owners want more money…Players want more money…The Commish wants more money..

Its all about money really.

fastdan
    Participant

A lot of teams are running a deficiet and obviously can’t continue like that. The NBA wants to significantly lower the cap, or institute a hard cap, thus lowering expenses, and making it more profitable for the franchises, as well as the NBA. Obviously the players association doesn’t agree, so when the Collective Bargaining Agreement expires on July 1, 2011, they will have difficulty deciding on a new one, which could lead to a players lockout.

NashyMing
    Participant

I don’t get why all those owners are complaining about losing money when their freaking GMs are overpaying players most of the time.

Rudy Gay for 81mil/5yr?
    Amir Johnson for 34mil/5 yr?
    Tyrus Thomas for 40mil/5 yr?

And you wonder why they are losing money? WTF?

The owners need to first get the GMs to be more financially responsible before they complained about losing money. Even those teams that are complaining are dishing out crazy contracts.

fastdan
    Participant

I would imagine that the GM needs to get the green light from the owner before every signing…I think their outlook is either overpay them to stay, or not sign anyone and have your team win 10 games a season…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login