This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Johnny Chill 12 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Lotto Stud
    Participant

Which bench player(s) do you see making major contributions this year that did not last season?

Not primarily speaking on 6th men*

1. Rodrigue Beaubois- With Barea out the way, it leaves room for him to rack up on a decent offer in coming years, once Kidd hangs it up. Beaubois is exceptionally special and nothing short of it. I would be really happy as a Mavs fan, to let Barea roam free as he pleased. ———->MIP Award watch <———–
    2. Earl Clark- I don’t know if you guys forgot about him or not, but I haven’t. I really do have high hopes for him, being a former Lotto guy (#14) this year, now that he will be a full season removed from that deep Suns rotation. With Turk on the Trading Block, that bumps him into the starting role I would assume, but he will still be a major contributor this season off the bench.
    3. Lance Stephenson– You like I would think with (Hill, George, Jones, Price) there will be no burn for my boi at all. The offseason he has had, especially with Bird speaking highly of him, I cannot see him riding the pine all season long like last year. I have him listed #3 for a reason, I expect big things whether it be from the 1-2-3 spot.
    4. Bill Walker- Last year Fields was the guy everyone was raving over, but me personally every Knicks game I came across, I kept my good eye on Walker 90% of the time when he got burn. Here is a guy who was strictly known as a dunker on the HS level who so just happened to evolve his game to become an outside threat as well. Billy Bad Ass is what I call him.
    5. Devin Ebanks- This guy got the Adam Morrison treatment all of last year. With L.O. in the Big D, this opens up a opportunity to try to please Kobe, especially on the defensive end. McRoberts was brought in to become Odom’s replacement, but I still cannot envision Ebanks glued to the bench again this year.
    raybeas
    Participant

will have a tough time being the third best bench player on his team, let alone the whole NBA. Hill and Hansbourough are miles ahead him as NBA players. Foster and Dahntay Jones will both see more floor time than Lance. AJ Price is a better point guard (and shooter) than he is. The Brandon Rush trade opened up a few minutes for him, but he will need an injury to another guard to get enough minutes to make an impact.

Wavy Bagels
    Participant

Roddy Buckets. With Deshawn Stevenson gone and Kidd most likely playing less minutes in order to prepare for the post-season, I see him getting minutes and doing something with them. People forgot before his foot injury last season, he was a scoring threat. Another example, Back in the 2010 western conference first round matchup against the Spurs, Coach Carlisle was not given Roddy the opportunity to play until game 5 or 6 (When Dallas was on the brink of elimination) and then showed he could’ve been a factor in that series had Carlisle played him the entire series. Only thing for him this season is to stay healthy, work on not turning over the ball and he’ll contribute for the Mavs.

rileymcshea3
    Participant

Yeah im a big Mavs fan and watch almost everygame and in one of them the coaches said he is the best decision maker on the team …..but i dont see that espically with Kidd there 

BUT he has alot of potential ,he can really pass ,he is quick,major hops,great 3 point shooter .

NOW he just needs experience and be more durable

Lotto Stud
    Participant

What kind of numbers are you expecting out of him this year?

rileymcshea3
    Participant

I see him getting about 10-15 points per game and around 4 or 5 assist per game

Johnny Chill

Yup, I said it. The Warriors paid him for 1 year. He is going to be the back up center. The Warriors need his size in the paint, behind Biedrins.

Kwame, just give us some rebounds, some defense, and use your fouls.

aamir543
    Participant

^I’m, fuming about the Kwame signing. He is a SCRUB! You don’t go handing out 7 million to guys that belong on the back end of your roster, let alone even in your rotation.

And Ebanks has been announced as a starter. Great move by Mike Brown. He’ll give them much needed defense and ahtleticism day in and day out.

Johnny Chill

Kwame, was the back up back up plan.

The Warriors missed on Tyson Chandler and DeAndre Jordan.

Big Men usually get paid more than guards or SFs. I dont like it that much either, but hopefully he can fill in as a back up. It’s not a big risk since he is only on a 1 year deal. Maybe the 1 year contract will light a fire in him, if not oh well.

Plus the Warriors got Jeremy Tyler as a project in the folds. Maybe in a couple of years he can he useful.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login