This topic contains 11 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar lalaila 13 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    WizardofOz
    Participant

Who do you guys think will win ROY next year. In my book, John Wall is the frontrunner. To me, he is the frontrunner because he is likely to be picked by the Washington Wizards, a team with a mediocre roster; a team with NBA caliber players, but no all-stars by any means. That being said, Wall will be able to showcase his talents. Just like Tyreke Evans, there will be no one around Wall to help him, so Wall will have to carry the team on his back. And just like Evans, Wall has the ability to carry a team.

Also,don’t count out Blake Griffin just yet. Since he did not play last season, he is still considered as a rookie next season. If he breaks out like most people think of him last season then he can give these guys a run for ROY.

IknoBall12
    Participant

seeing thats its his 2nd time around and hes seen alot of wat it takes 2 be great i think griffin will win it. I think hes a legit double double guy

the I in win
    Participant

Griffin will probably come into the league and average 10 and 10. If Wall wants to beat that he would need to average 18 and 8 and his team would have to win more games than the clippers, not like that is asking the impossible.

The Scare Crow Returns
    Participant

If he’s drafted by the Sixers and becomes #1 option and gets them back in the playoff’s he the Rookie of the year…

MagikKnick
    Participant

I think it’ll be a 3-way race between Griffin, Turner, and Wall, but I got Griffin winning it..

Ollstar
    Participant

Paul George will probably get a strong look depending on where he lands. But even the best rosters need someone like George to his the 3s and play some D.

R-Dot-13
    Participant

I think Wes Johnson has a legit shot, he may leads rookies in scoring.

lilt252
    Participant

if cousins gets put into a good system and he just picks up the trash he could get it real easy but i think WALL,TURNER,GRIFFIN,OR FAVORS one of them will probably win it

trifecta
    Participant

I think there’s a lot more to the ROY than who is the best player–it’s impossible to say before the draft. A lot of it has to do with a situation. Who knows if Wesley Johnson lands on a team where he has to constantly jack up shots? if Wall/Cousins/Favors gets injured? if Monroe somehow drops to the Hornets or Jazz to benefit from an elite PG’s passing? if Gordon Heyward takes HGH and dominates the league? if the bulls strike out on marquis free agency, draft a 2 who’s forced to carry some of the perimeter load?

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

@the I in win

I’d be shocked if Griffin didn’t average more than just 10 points. I can see him averaging 14-15 points and 9-10 rebounds.

sc0rebuckets11
    Participant

It’s either between Griffin or Wes Johnson.

I don’t see Turner being the #1 as early as next season.

lalaila
    Participant

as for now, for me it’s Blake Griffin hands down..probably most dominant player of the decade in college already healthy and training with nba talent..and LAC looks to be a team where stats comes easy(remember Gooden this year) 18&10&2 is possibility..
    Wall and Turner should be there offcourse but the player who could probably beat Blake is DeMarcus if he will be in Philly or Sac-town and will get 30min watch out.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login