This topic contains 13 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar M-Eazy 12 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    ChrisCross
    Participant

Now that it’s been nearly 6 years since this draft, I think enough time has passed by to rank the players from 2005 Draft Class

10. Raymond Felton – #5: Charlotte 

9. Lou Williams – #45: Philadelphia 

8. Marcin Gortat – #57: Phoenix

7.  David Lee – #30: New York

6. Andrew Bogut – #1: Milwaukee 

5. Monta Ellis – #40: Golden State

4. Danny Granger – #17: Indiana

3. Andrew Bynum – #10: Los Angeles Lakers

2. Deron Williams – #3: Utah

1. Chris Paul – #4: New Orleans

This was a pretty stong draft class, Paul & Williams are franchise pg’s, Bynum helped LA capture two titles, Granger is a strong scorer and an all-star, Ellis was a steal and dynamic scorer.

What y’all think?

UNCbasketballbum
    Participant

That’s a real good top ten.  I had to look at the 2005 archive to remember who was in that draft.  Hard to beieve Martell Webster, Ike Diogu, Sean May and Rashad McCants were lottery picks.  Channing Frye turned out to be a solid player with the Suns.  Yaroslav Korolev was taken at 12 with the Clippers and I’m not sure where he is these days.

NickWayne87
    Participant

but not at the time…..sure you know that though…..they had a stacked UNC team just like this one except they won it all……McCants was a better college player for UNC than Barnes is now…….red flag anyone??? lol  I’m not comparing the two just a thought about how you can be a lotto pick and look up 7 yrs later and you’re not in the league anymore starring as a bisexual gangster in an independent comedy series like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1jdv4otbQM

NickWayne87
    Participant

but not at the time…..sure you know that though…..they had a stacked UNC team just like this one except they won it all……McCants was a better college player for UNC than Barnes is now…….red flag anyone??? lol  I’m not comparing the two just a thought about how you can be a lotto pick and look up 7 yrs later and you’re not in the league anymore starring as a bisexual gangster in an independent comedy series like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1jdv4otbQM

NickWayne87
    Participant

about the double post it acted like it didn’t go through :/

sheltwon3
    Participant

Bogut would still go first because without his injuries you still have one of the best big men in the league.  Also Marvin Williams should be in the top 10.  He does not look as good playing in ATL.  I think he would show he could be a top 10 pick if he was moved to a team that needed him.

Bucks would have still needed a big man.  I am a Chris Paul fan and I say this.  Marvin Williams went too high.  Atl should have taken Chris Paul and then when they pair him with Josh Smith later down the road, it would have been sick.

iguapops420
    Participant

No way Bogut would still go ahead of CP3,Deron,or Bynum.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Lee was taken late in first round (almost second)   if you include him there are 4 players in the top 10 taken from the second round !!!   When did that ever happen ?

marcusfizer21marcusfizer21
    marcusfizer21
    Participant

Marvin Williams hasn’t shown me any reason why he’d be in that list…

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Oh yeh granger was considered a top 10 talent but the knock on him was his knees/injuries which dropped him down the draft order ….

omphalos
    Participant

You can argue that Bucks would still take a big man, but there’s no justification for Bogut over Bynum after the season  he’s had. They both suffer from injuries, but Bynum right now is clearly the second best C in the NBA and has a chance to catch Dwight if he can remain healthy and build from the momentum he’s built up this season. Bynum certainly has the capacity to be better than Dwight offensively (some would argue he already is), and he’s no slouch defensively either (although Dwight clearly has him beat in that department).

PulseGlazer
    Participant

Bogut would probably go 4 and no way anyone is taken over Paul.  That said, cool post.  Realize, however, that a lot of guys that failed, and probably a few who succeeded, would have had very different careers drafted into different situations and systems.

orangeshadow83
    Participant

Paul and Williams are definitely 1 & 2 then Bogut Bynum and Granger can be interchangeable at 3 4 5 depending on team need…I like Ellis but he I would pick Bogut over him simply for the fact that good Centers are tough to come by…This is the first time I realized how good the 2nd round of this draft was I dont think any other draft had this many quality players taken in the second round. Id prolly put Marvin in over Felton but overall this is a very solid top 10

M-Eazy
    Participant

Lmao @ Marvin Williams deserving to be on the top 10 list….still one of the dumbest draft moves ever for a team that so badly needed a PG to skip two of the best PGs in their generation for an overrated 6th man on a championship team.  Williams got drafted off of his rep he gained in HS.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login