With the boredom of a lockout I've decided to compile a list of my 5 favorite young players in the league today, all are under 24 and all of which I believe can be perennial all stars if they put there mind to it.(no order)
1. Anthony Randolph- Yeah he's not in the best situation in Minnesota but he's got an incredible motor and length that rarely comes by, so I'm very excited to see what Anthony Randoplh can make of himself.
2. Chase Budinger- Athletisicm and shooting is a recipee for sucess in this league and he's got both.
3. Quincy Pondexter- He's undersized but has got a great body and shooting which will definately help him.
4. Tyreke Evans- Just a straight beast. I would be surprised if he never gets MVP.
5. Blake Griffin- C'mon do I really need to say anything?
- Yes I know there are better players than Pondexter and Budinger but I like there game and think that they can be really good players.
Quincy Pondexter should def NOT make this list...
Keep an eye on Evan Turner, he didn't have the best rookie season but if the 6ers can move Iguodala and give Turner the chance to handle the ball a bit more, he could have a very strong second year.
Maybe he's broken out already but DeMarr DeRozen in my opinion, can put up even better stats then he did last season, he should demand the ball and spear-head the Raptors attack. He should look to average 20ppg. An All-star very soon.
McHale has gone on record as to say that Patrick Patterson will be playing much more MPG then he was last season, they have an extremely high opinion of Patterson, i wouldn't say he'll win the Most Improved Player award but he'll be mentioned in the conversation.
I would say there are others, but these three spring to mind.
I know Steph Curry has been in the league for 2 years now but I really think he has a chance to be outstanding. He is under the same mold as a Steve Nash. Not a high flyer but can shoot and has high intelligence in regards to passing and understanding the game. With Mark Jackson in control and a stronger emphasis on defense implemented, I think Curry will flourish. I'm a little bias, I saw Curry play in high school. A lot of people think that he is only a shooter, my friends, he can pass also!
i think its finally time for derozan to break out as the go to guy in TOR
a few that come to my mind
2. Paul George- love his athletic ability, he needs more burn, either hes traded or IND trades Granger, i think george could be a border line all-star if brought up correctly
3. Gerald Henderson- its year 3 for him, hes finally the unquestioned starter, and with the roster cha currently has he should get more than enough shots to post 16-18 pts per game