Most of the good posters here have pretty much identified their favorite teams.
I am more greedy and here's my fav5:
1) Houston Rockets - Yao Ming and Morey
2) Phoenix Suns - Steve Nash
3) OKC Thunder - Kevin Durant and Presti
These 3 are all great teams that play as a team with great chemistry and a great high character super star.
4) Toronto Raptors - it used to be #2, but the mismanagement is really flushing it down. (The loss of Chris Bosh was not a big issue to me.)
5) Washington Wizards - John Wall and Yi
I usually talked about Raptors here a lot because they are the most frustrating team among my fav5. Rockets and Thunder have great management, so I never really have to talk much about them. Suns is doing what it has to do (trying to be the best team it can while building around Nash). Wizards is obviously rebuilding and loading up with young players (which I think is the right direction).
The Raptors? I think they should rebuild, but they are not exactly doing that, and BC has been bidding against himself every summer, so it's hard to have high hope on him (although Jack and Kleiza were paid at reasonable prices).
I just renamed my account (used to be realgmbakax). By the way, anyone can get me a nice jersey avatar?
Jersey #: 11
Team: Rockets (Red)
Thanks in advanced!
So what's your fav5?
1.Miami Heat..even though i live in Orlando
2.Lakers..i was a Lakers fan before i had pubic hair
4.Chicago..that Boozer ,Noah & Gibson frontcourt is gonna be a monster
1. Utah Jazz
I can't see myself being a fan of another team. It's pretty weird to have multiple favorite teams. Players come and go but I will always be there for the Jazz, none of this liking another team because of a specific player.
You can like multiple teams if there are multiple teams in your state. I'm a Magic and Heat fan because I live between Miami and Orlando but I live closer to Orlando that's why the Magic are my favorite team.
1) Minnesota- Flynn and Wes will be a great duo
2) Denver- Carmelo. 'Nuff said.
3) Phoenix Suns- Nash is electrifying plus Hakim Warrick is an ex-Cuse guy.
4) LA Lakers- Kobe's the hometown guy. I play Lower Merion teams in sports that I do. Gotta love him.
5) Philly 76ers- Hometown team
Honorable Mentions- Kings for Donte Greene, Knicks for Andy Rautins, Chi for Derrick Rose.
30) Heat- Over hyped. LeBron, D-Wade, and Bosh will carry the team to the playoffs. No doubt of that, but you need a bench to win.
29) Cavaliers- Dan Gilbert lost LeBron and made it worse on himself making making public comments. I lost respect for them.
28) Boston- Another team that had a 3 headed player monopoly. At least I respect the Celtics management for trading for those guys. They had to give up talent to get KG and Allen, while all Miami did was pay guys.
27) New Orleans- I love Chris Paul, but their management doesn't surround him with teammates to win a championship. I haven't been impressed with the way they've handled the trade talks either.
26) Indiana Pacers- Used to be a great team. Now they've been at the bottom of the pack ever since the Reggie Miller Era
lol...why are guys giving folks negatives for saying their favorite teams?
its a personal choice...lmao
- Pacers: Hometown squad.
- Tie between Clippers AND Blazers: Gordon, Oden and Roy.
- Bulls: Been a fan of the Bulls since the MJ days and Rose is one of my favorite players.
- Lakers: I'm not a huge Kobe fan, but I think he's the best wing player since MJ.
No reason for liking these teams other than the style of play and seem to be well run organizations.
I only have 1 favorite team, and that is the Raptors, will always cheer for them no matter how they are doing or who is on the team. Then there are other teams that aren't really my favorites but i respect them and cheer for them like the Spurs and Jass for being good organizations and the Suns and Warriors for playing a different style of basketball.
Not a fan of other teams, but just more of a fan of players on other teams. Ive followed the Cavs and Hawks for a while since I am a huge fan of Lebron, Josh Smith and Salim Stoudamire when he came into the league. Also like the Heat cuz of Wade, coming from Marquette (and Lebron now) as well as the Bulls because of Noah and Rose.
1. '10-'11 Bulls
2. '95-'96 Bulls
3. '90-'91 Bulls
4. '91-'92 Bulls
5. '97-'98 Bulls
Least favorite teams
All of the die hard fans got negatives......excuse us for sticking with one team!!
Only have two favorite teams.
1. Wizards - My hometown squad.
2. Lakers - My brother is a huge Lakers fan and he's kind of influenced me to become a Laker's fan too.
I like both teams, but I like the Wizards more
2. Warriors and Bulls
Not really a huge fan of anyone else.
Why are people giving negatives for this post? Why would someone get a negative for the teams they like? It's just opinion.
4.palace of auburn hills
ill help u out daneboy with positives
I gotta agree with The Barron on this one. Im a die hard Knicks fan and could never root for another team.
I mean there are instances where i will root against another team but not necessarily the team thats playing them... if that makes sense.
I just can't root for another team...sorry.
I lived in Milwaukee for 3 years and I hate the Bucks.....I have to being a Bulls fan and all. Besides, a Bulls vs Bucks playoff matchup would be outstanding this year.
Rose vs Jennings
Bogut/ Gooden/ Sanders vs Noah/ Boozer/ Taj
Brewers suck too!!!! It is just Bulls, Bears, Cubs and Hawks for me guys.
I am a FIB (only Wisconsin peeps will understand that)
I'm a Hawks fan and a kinda new Wizards fan now that I moved to D.C. but beyond that any other team I root for just generally revolves around players I like. I'll root for OKC because I'm huge Durant and Jeff Green fans. I love Dwight Howard so I'll root for Orlando if they aren't playing the Hawks, but at the same token if Dwight left the Magic I wouldn't really be a fan of theirs anymore.
2. Wizards (All cuz of Wall)
3. Kings (Cousins, lol can you tell I'm a UK fan yet?)
lakers are the only team im a fan of. But i root for other teams from time to time depending on whos on the roster.
1-Lakers (this team and only this team am i a fan of)
other teams i would like to see do well are: Kings, Suns, Wolves, Rockets, Hornets, Pacers, Cavs (now that lebron is gone), Wizards, Sixers.
ll perez...how do u expect the cavs to do well wit lebron gone? do u and dan gilbert know something the rest of us dont? hahahaha
i think they will be one of the worst teams in the league. All i said is im pulling for them next year.
Anyway here is my fav5:
1. Utah Jazz
2. Utah Jazz
3. Utah Jazz
4. Utah Jazz
5. Utah Jazz
I really don't like any other teams other then the Jazz. I was born in Utah and I love the way they play basketball and now with all-star D-Will and soon to be all-star Al Jefferson. I am really excited for this season. Also I really like the addition of Gordon Hayward I think he has a very good chance to be a star for the Jazz.
Hawks- Joe Johnson & Josh Smith
Lakers- Kobe & Artest
1. Thunder-And i'm not a bandwagon fan either, i grew up in OKC and still live here. And i was a fan of green and durant and ever Ray Allen in Seattle so when they moved here i was happy as hell. A lot of people have joined the fan base and i'm happy about that. I expect great things and read anything that has the word thunder in its headline.
2. Chicago- Been a fan for like 10 years, because all my family has pressured me into it.
3. Pheonix- Steve Nash is my favorite player of all time
4. LA- Pau Gasol
5-Flint Tropics- Gotta love halfime shows with bear wrestling
Appreciate your help!
Yeah dwat you and me are some of the few non-bandwagon Thunder fans haha...I don't live in OKC, but I was born there and I liked them ever since they got to OKC
1) Seattle Sonics
my heart has a small hole in it that i have tried to fill but that void will always be there
1. Bulls been a bulls fan all my life
2.Celtics I just like a lot of players on their team like KG, P. Pierce and R. Allen
3.Orlando I like the way they play and of course D.Howard
4.Grizzlies they have a lot of young athletic players and they are fun to watch
5.Nets believe it or not i actually like this team i dont know what it is i think they are better than their record showed us.