Whats Your Big Board pre March Madness
The NCAA tourney is right around the corner and I'm curious to see where everyone has the Prospects ranked...
If you were drafting today who would be the top 5 Players on your Board...
1. Anthony Davis...I love his lenght and ability to Impact the game without the ball, If he gets a good offensive game and jumper he'll be a Star...
2. Micheal Kidd Gilchrist...See Anthony Davis...If I were drafting for my Sixers I'd draft MKG and trade Iguadola for a Pf ASAP...
3. Perry Jones, I have been high on this Kid for the longest time and I feel he will produce at the next level, there aren't many players with PJ3's size/speed and skills, if he ever gets IT then he'll be the best player taken in the draft...
4. Thomas Robinson...I have grown to think Robinson could have a big Impact in the NBA, If he continues to develop the complete inside game and get a mid range jumper to drop at an effiecent rate than he'll be a near All Star level PF...
5. Terrence Jones/Jared Sullinger Tie...I love the Idea of somehow moving up and getting Sullinger, I actually think he could happen as a lot of teams drafting high have a glut of Bigs...I also like Terrence Jones skillset and athletic ability at the next level...If someone lets Jones run in the NBA he could look like a Stud,and he would be a cheap replacement to Thad Young if I were sheading Salary in Philadelphia and drafting in the 14 to 18 range...
feel free to look at my draft <
that said. I personally wouldn't take Perry Jones in the top 20. Great athlete. Not a good basketball player.
1. Andre Drummond
2. Anthony Davis
3. Jeremy Lamb
4. Harrison Barnes
5. Thomas Robinson
jonoats... cody zeller > davis... really????
buckshot. don't you think mcadoo at 7 is pushing it...
Barnes is in the gap at three. Davis is a bust ready to explode.
I hope my Sixers steal him from whatever other 19 or so teams passed on him...LOL...that aint happening and I would the way you evaluate talent...Jones not a top 20 pick...did he take your woman or something because that sounds like pure hatred if I must say so myself...Then you go and say the NPOY Anthony Davis is a Bust waiting to explode, when would he be considered a Bust if he were drafted in June>??? five years from then, if so that's a Boom I'd gladly sit on for 4 and half years in hopes I'd someday prove you wrong...
Was it the 2-12 last saturday against Mizzou that impressed you so much? The Tigers don't anyone over 6'8"on the roster. Could be a fluke I guess.
1-8 against KU
4-7 other game with Mizzou
2-9 against West Virginia
But yeah he's a monster against Prairie View A&M and BYU both hotbeds of NBA bigmen. What a joke. He makes Anthony Randolph look like a tough guy. Literally no improvement from his freshman year.
Other NPOY from the last ten years include: TJ Ford, JJ Reddick, Tyler Hansborough, Evan Turner, and Jimmer so that's not a great qualifer for NBA success. If you wouldn't take Serge Ibaka number one in this draft you shouldn't take Davis.
i agree jonOats, he underperforms against quality teams. he fell outta my top 10 actually. but not top 20, you cant ignore his potential. he can breakout and be the best player in the draft for all we know
It's not even funny, Davis has actual ability to handle and shoot the ball, he can blocks and rebound at a better rate too, Ibaka is overated and hidden in the Thunder hype that Durant and Westbrook bring...Davis will be better than Ibaka and most of those other NPOTY winners you just mentioned...Didn't Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose win NPOTY too??? or did Beasley and Oden win the award in their respective years???
I just disagree about Davis. Serge was raw but caught up quickly. He has the same shooting range and rebounds and blocks at a pretty high rate in the NBA already. He's leading the league in blocked shots and is a top five rebounder for a PF. Davis is a PF in the NBA and would have to be signifcantly better than Ibaka to justify a high pick and I just don't see that happening.
Ibaka is overrated?! Hidden in the Thunder hype? FYI, those two statements completely contradict themselves.
But let's just address that you believe he is "overrated". That you say it, without any evidence makes my side of the argument a little more difficult, but I have to wonder who you think is overrated Serge.
He is exactly what he is supposed to be. A rebounding machine, and elite defender. He is arguably the 5th option on a Top 3 team in the league. And even on occassion, he'll put up stat lines like he did tonight.
16 PTS 10 REB 6 BLK 0 TO and only 2 PF. All in only 25 minutes of play.
He averages 2.9 blocks per game.. that number will probably increase after adding in his 6 blocks from this evening. But look at the other guys in the league who average over 2 blocks a game (which, BTW, Ibaka is the league leader in BPG)..
names like; McGee, Jordan, Marc Gasol, D-Howard, Bynum, Josh Smith, and Dalembert (in that order; Dalembert averages 2.04 BPG). He slaughters everyone in BP/40min, over McGee (5.12 vs 4.77).
Besides Howard (unquestionably the best big man in the game) nobody else expected to carry a load for their team. McGee maybe as a 2nd option on a near-last place team. Bynum fighting with Gasol for 2nd in LA, while Jordan is looked to get rebounds, and catch lobs from CP3.
For a 4th/5th option on a contender, you don't ask for much more from the guy when he averages 3 BPG in only 27min/gm. Expecting him to put up numbers like an all-star forward when he plays 4th option minutes, and is relegated as so, is definitely overrating him.
I dont think Ibaka is overrated at all,if you consider the fact that OKC isnt looking for another scorer..But a big that can rebound,defend,run the floor,set picks and block shots..He does what is asked of him..He'll be overrated if you're looking for a player you can build your team around..
3c Barnes for now
but i really feel Davis will be #1 after madness and MKG and even Barnes come over Lamb..my sleeper to get into top5 Tony Wroten! and ofcourse Perry could do this, but he probably won't
Ill go to ten
I hear mixed things as to whether Drummond is coming out after this year. Since I don't know for sure, I'll put him in and add a 6th.
1. Anthony Davis - I think he's a special player, he doesn't have the NBA body Drummond does, but he still has a wingspan of around 7'5'' and a big enough frame that he'll be able to put on weight. He's always much further along on offense and could be a premeir defender once he learns to defend the pick and role, much like Garnett and Chandler.
2. Andre Drummond - I'm not really excited by his skillset, but you can't argue with his physical tools and athletic ability. I have doubts on his ability to develop offensively, he looks like he's never shot a basketball when he's at the line, but since NBA teams need centers he's a hot commodity. He'd make me nervous picking him at #1, but you can't pass him up after too.
3. Jeremy Lamb - I think Jeremy Lamb has the tools to be a 20 + ppg scorer at the next level, but also a guy who can lock down his man on the wing. Strength and some more refinement on his shot are needed, but he's phenominal in transition and I feel he is a future All-Star.
4. Harrison Barnes - Barnes, to me, seems like a guy who will have no problem transitioning to the NBA on offense. The guy can shoot, and he's so much more confident than he was last season. He can play 2 positions, and has great size. I have Lamb ranked higher, just because I think he has more defensive potential, but I think Barnes will be a very good scorer at the next level. One of those guys who is more productive in the pros than college.
5. Thomas Robinson - The guy is very hard working player with an emerging offensive set. I think he can come in and grab over 8 rebounds a game from day one, I also feel he's a player with a high floor. I think the chances of him being considered a bust are low because at the very least he will rebound at a high rate. His offense doesn't get enough credit, but he's a 70% FT shooter, has good footwork and is constantly improving. With more reps on his jumper,I think he still has the potential to score 15-20 ppg and 10-12 rpg in the NBA. Needs work on his perimeter defense, though, there are a lot more stretch 4's in the NBA.
6. MKG - I really like MKG as a prospect, I feel he has the ability to do a lot of things in the pros. He's a hard worker, like Robinson, who could be a great 3 in the NBA who is a glue player, but also has the ability to score. MKG seems, to me like a very complete player of the future. A do it all, guy, a guy who can play with anybody.
That was a great analysis you gave there. I'm a little more on the Drummon bandwagon then Davis and I would switch T-Rob with MKG but we agree on pretty much everything you said.
Once Again Joe Wolf, Proves Why he's 1 of the Top 5 Posters on this Site..
We Need to Keep Track of everyone Thats Bashing Perry Jones Right Now and Calling him a Future Bust..So when he's averaging 16 pts 5 rbs & 3 asts next year in the pros..We can tell who really know something about the game of basketball and Who are the Bandwagon Jumpers.....lol
Thanks, RUDEBOY,but I think I don't think PJ3 will ever be an All-Star, lol.
I think he'll be a career 1st big off the bench/ occasional starter ( career 10-12 ppg), not an All-Star. He's 11 on my board right now, but I'll totally own it if I'm wrong, lol.
he's 11 on my board too!