This topic contains 27 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar IndianaBasketball 12 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    knicks4lyfe88
    Participant

Carmelo Anthony

Lebron James

Jason Kidd

Chris Paul

Michael Redd

Tayshaun Prince

Chris Bosh

Dwight Howard

Carlos Boozer

Dwayne Wade

Kobe Bryant

Deron Williams

This was the roster for the redeem team in 2008 Most of them at the time in there prime or entering there prime… With many of these players having already expressed interest of the new wave of up and comers who do you see Making this team…Michael redds spot is of course gone as is prince, boozer and possibly kidd…With kevin durant being a lock! that leave 2-3 spots open who of current nba players you see making it? the easy choice is rose but his skill set doesnt necessarily fit the team tho i think he’ll make it. I think Blake Griffin will also make the squad in international basketball he can be effective at both center and power forward. My dark horse canidate as the "designated shooter" is Eric gordon..he was the best shooter outside of durant on the world championship team and playing with griffin lends him more exposure….any thoughts?

franfran
    Participant

1- Chris Paul

2- Kobe Bryant

3- Lebron James

4- Carmelo Anthony

5- Dwight Howard

6- Dwyane Wade

7- Kevin Durant

8- Derrick Rose

9- Blake Griffin

10- Eric Gordon

11- Deron Williams

12- John Wall

VS FINAL                                     ¿WIN?

1- Jose Manuel Calderon

2- Juan Carlos Navarro

3- Rudy Fernandez

4- Pau Gasol

5- Marc Gasol

6- Ricky Rubio

7- Serge Ibaka

8- Felipe Reyes

9- Sergio Llull

10- Fernando San Emeterio

11- Victor Claver

12- Victor Sada

Tyrober
    Participant

Michael Redd is too old. Kidd started all the games but the quicker point guard ate him alive. CP3 and DWill got most of the minutes anyway. Do they even want Boozer on there lol?

MJ FOR LIFE 23
    Participant

starting 5

PG- Chris Paul

SG- Kobe Bryant

SF- LeBron James

PF- Amare Stoudamire

Center- Dwight Howard

bench

Dwyane Wade

Derrick Rose

Kevin Durant

Carmelo Anthony

Deron Williams

Blake Griffin

I think the last sport would be given to a shooter so it’s a toss up between Eric Gordon and Stephen Curry for me.

The darkhorses are Russell Westbrook and John Wall

stifler101
    Participant

i think it’ll look something like this:

C-Dwight Howard

F-LeBron James

F-Kevin Durant

G-Kobe Bryant

G-Deron Williams

6-Dwyane Wade

7-Carmelo Anthony

8-Chris Paul

9-Chris Bosh

10-Derrick Rose

11-Blake Griffin

12-Eric Gordon

if any of those guys are hurt/don’t want to play, i see guys like Russell Westbrook, Stephen Curry, Kevin Love, and Andrew Bynum picking up some of the spots depending on need

Platypus
    Participant

PG Paul

SG Bryant

SF Durant

PF Lebron

C Howard

PG Rose, Williams

SG Wade, Eric Gordon

SF Anthony

PF Griffin

C Stoudamire

Jlv2011

the Jimmer!

Pyron
    Participant

if the dream team have any of the line ups you guys posted the world should be very scurrrred lol..

i mean, with KD and howard on the team alone is scary enough.

KD is already as tall as the centers from most countries… and howard is a monster compared to them lol…

Charlie Sheen
    Participant

C- Howard- Most dominant just has to stay out of foul trouble

F- Anthony- Best International Skillset/Scores in every way

F- James- Most Versatile

G- Bryant- Captain

G- Paul- Floor Leader

Bench

G- Wade- Instant Offense

F- Durant- Combo F

G- Rose- Back Up PG

F- Griffin- back up big

F/C- Stoudemire- back up big

G- Williams- Combo Guard

G- Gordon-Shooter

uknation
    Participant

Westbrook because he was very good last time as well as playing great defense(better than Rose there). Gotta remever this isn’t the NBA season this is the Olympics and some guy’s games don’t trasnlate as well in the olympics

SubZero
    Participant

That Spain team franfran posted is gonna be scary too

druneave3
    Participant

Not one person has Rose in the starting line-up. He was the MVP right? He started lasted year also….

MJBrown
    Participant

C-Howard

F- James

F- Anthony

G- Bryant

G- Rose

7 super subs:

Amare

Griffin

DWilliams

Paul

Durant

Wade

Bosh

iguapops420
    Participant

I actually like Charlie Sheen’s list. I personally think Iggy will be there as the lockdown defender off the bench and one of Curry or Gordon will make the team because of their shooting ability. Personally I think a guy like Ray Allen should be on the team in place of Kidd.

C-Dwight

PF-Melo

SF-LBJ

SG-Kobe

PG-CP3

—————

6th Man-Wade

7th Durant

8th Deron

9th Tyson

10th Iggy

11th Curry

12th Blake G

couple guys who could end up on the team in the end Amare(still athletic and versatile offensively) Bynum(size would be almost unmatched internationally) Odom(Coah K LOVES his versatility MY personal choice for the team) Bosh(been there before and knows what to do)

JoeWolf1

I liked Tyson Chandler in FIBA play last summer, he’s really good for international play because of his presence around the rim and although the USA Team is very talented, I think they need more depth up front.

It’s not a glamourous pick, but I think Chandler should be on the team.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

It’s tough to predict so early because we don’t know who’ll sit out due to injury.

Kobe’s knees aren’t waht they used to be and he’s up there in age. Paul has suffered a serious knee injury. Wade has suffered multiple injuries. Stoudemire’s knees are questionable as well.

I just think we could see a ton of new faces.

iguapops420
    Participant

Kobe’s knees aren’t what they used to be, but he’s already said he’s going ot be there. And if Bean wants it, he gets it. Team USA NEEDS Kobe. We all saw what happened in the last Olympics. Kobe was the Main reason USA won. His brilliant come back as the Go-to guy in the clutch(amongst 11 other stars) proved why even this late stage in his career is why he will still be so desperately needed even though he was the defensive stopper(didn’t even allow Barbosa to get across half-court). Personally I think Wade is needed as well. His ability to score unstoppably off the bench was a key factor in The Redeem Team dominating teams by 20ppg.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

Kobe’s right knee has worsened since he said he’d be there… But IF he’s feeling good enough to play, I have no doubts he’ll be there. 

Here’s who I think will be there:

PG’s:

Chris Paul – He’s a lock if he decides to play.

Deron Williams – He’s a lock as well.

Derrick Rose – Despite the fact he didn’t play great last summer and didn’t seem like a very good fit, I do think he’ll get the nod. If Paul’s knee keeps him out, I expect Westbrook to be selected over Curry, Rondo and Billups.

SG’s:

Kobe Bryant – He’s a lock if he decides to play.

Dwayne Wade – He’s a lock as well.

Eric Gordon – He’s a knock down shooter, who can also defend multiple positions and finish in transition, so I think he gets the nod for the third spot. IF Bryant or Wade decide not to play, I think Andre Iguodala will get the nod.

SF’s:

LeBron James – He’s a lock. Coach K loves his versatility, especially at the defensive end.

Carmelo Anthony – He’s an absolute lock. His game fits the FIBA style of play almost perfectly. He started at the four in the 2008 Olympics and I think he starts there again in 2012.

Kevin Durant – He won’t start, but he’s a lock to make the team. IF something keeps James or Anthony out, then I think Rudy Gay gets the nod.

PF’s:

Chris Bosh – He’s a lock in my opinion. A lot of people don’t remember, but he was the Redeem Team’s best big in the 2008 Olympics.

Lamarcus Aldridge – I doubt Amare Stoudemire will play due to his knees, but I think Aldridge gets the nod regardless. I think he’ll be a great big in FIBA due to his outside shooting ability and versatility to play the four or five.

C:

Dwight Howard – He’s a lock.

This team would be better than the 2008 team.

iguapops420
    Participant

All those guys are really good choices, but the more I’ve thought about it the more I really think Odom will be on that team. K loves him and as a 3rd or even 4th big (who in FIBA has also played some 5), you can’t get much worse. Personally I think it would be smart to get one more REAL big. Also, another pure shooter wouldn’t hurt. Part of the reason I’m fond of Ray Allen. When shit hits the fan, he’ll be there with Kobe playing it cool keeping the rest of the guys from unraveling. 

@Indiana, you think LBJ may now take the role of defensive stopper since Bean doesn’t have the Knees he did last time?

BTW, Kobe has had a lot procedures done this offseason and he along with Fish and a few other doctors say his knees are actually doing better since getting cell reporduction shot in Germany. Kobe even said that his knee felt better than it did in 08. Hopefully this lockout will give him some much needed rest. Also, last season he didn’t have the time after offseason knee surgery to get in the gym and get in the kind of shape he usually does before season start.

llperez

as a laker fan, im probably biased. But odom was the second best player on this recent world championships team behind durant and he was one of the few bright spots on the 2004 bronze team. His game really fits the fiba style.

TRC1991
    Participant

@IndiBasketball

no blake griffin?!

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

@iguapops420

I think it’ll be similar to 2008. Kobe will defend the team’s best scorer at guard and LeBron will bring his defensive versatility by being able to defend both the 3 and 4 spot, and play help defense.

I don’t think Team USA needs another true center. One is enough. Teams play small ball in FIBA and Team USA likes having versatile four men who can slide over and play center, similar to what Bosh did in 2008 and Odom did last summer. Bosh was Team USA’s best big men in 2008. He made mid-range shots and played the pick and roll/pop damn near perfectly… He also defended the pick and roll/pop very good.  

@llperez

There’ll be a lot of competition at power forward. I mean, we could be looking at Bosh, Aldridge, Stoudemire, Boozer, Odom, Love, Griffin and Lee. I think Bosh is a near lock and that Stoudemire won’t play. I think Boozer doesn’t make it, neither does Lee. That leaves Aldridge, Odom, Love and Griffin. IF it was up to me, I’d go with Aldridge.

@TaylorCondrin

I love Griffin, but he’s not a good defender and he doesn’t really have a reliable jump shot yet. I hope he does make it though… He needs to understand what defense is all about and he’d learn that playing with Team USA.

iguapops420
    Participant

I’m with Perez. Odom’s game just fits fiba perfectly. His jumper had really come around the past few years. But like him, i may just be biased as a Lakers fan. But he definitely seems like a better choice to me than most of the other bigs as he can run PG,PF, or C if Coach K desires it. 

I think Steph Curry would be a beast in FIBA play as well. More similar to college where his jumper is almost unguardable.

kobyz
    Participant

considering the lockout, team USA are in real danger of losing in 2012 Olympic, if there not to be a season the players will be wey out of shape come tournament time!
    if that will be the case they may need to put together a team from U.S players playing overseas.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

I think Steph Curry would be a beast in FIBA play as well. More similar to college where his jumper is almost unguardable.

Just like he was last summer? Curry was the worst guard on the roster. He was turnover prone and made bad decisions with the ball. He was a terrible defender and he couldn’t handle the physical play.

llperez

my locks: chris paul, deron williams, kobe bryant, dwyane wade, lebron james, kevin durant, carmelo anthony, dwight howard.

thats 8 guys right there assuming they are healthy and want to play.

Durant played pf the whole time in 2010 plus both lebron and melo are capable of playing pf in international play so i dont think the team has to go overboard surrounding dight howard with help down low. I would think bosh, odom, amare and love have the best chances of former guys who already have international experience with both blake griffin and aldridge getting consideration for new bigs. Pick any 2-3 of these guys and i think the inside play will be fine.

As for the perimiter, i think either rose or westbrook will get a spot as a quick change of pace spark plug off the bench type but probably no reason to have both. ROse is the better player in the nba, but westbrook has a defensive advantage plus i thought he played better in 2010. Rose was trying to be a leader and run things like he does with the bulls where he was the mvp of the league. Westbrook just came in and was aggressive and attacked the paint  and didnt try to be a leader or a pg, just did his role which is probably what suits the team best.

iguapops420
    Participant

Curry doesn’t need to be having the ball in his hands really. He needs to be in a spot-up shooter role. But, again, like I said, I’d personally prefer that Ray Allen be on the team as the knockdown shooter. Or at least Billup to take Kidd’s role as the veteran lead guard.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

Westbrook outplayed Rose last summer, but I just can’t see them leaving Rose off of the team for some reason.

I’d personally go with Westbrook in FIBA. He can penetrate against any defense and his defense was depressing those guards. Rose struggled with the physical on ball defense somewhat in my opinion and his defense was suspect.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login