This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar 3 No Biases 3 9 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    dmo21
    Participant

If Sacramento wants to push for playoffs, Boston wants to rebuild, and Detroit likes Monroe over Smith, I think this trade could help everyone in their path.

Sacramento trades Landry, Thompson, Williams, Outlaw, Terry, McLemore, and picks for Rondo and Smith. Starting 5 of Rondo, Stauskas, Gay, Smith, and Cousins. You have a passer, a shooter, a wing scorer, a defender, and a low post scorer. Seems like a solid team which may have personality issues, but winning solves everything. But, they don’t have much of a bench.

Detroit trades Smith for Landry, Williams, Terry, and some picks. Starting 5 of Jennings, KCP, Williams, Monroe, and Drummond with Terry, Singler, and Landry off the bench. This is a more fundamental team than last years that should be able to make the playoffs, especially with SVG coaching.

Boston trades Rondo for Thompson, Outlaw, McLemore, and picks. Starting 5 of Smart, McLemore, Green, Sullinger, and Thompson. Boston goes full rebuild and adds picks and a talented young player. They could also ask to receive Thomas in a sign and trade if they want him.

CavFanPR
    Participant

Boston fan? Why would Sacramento do this when they just signed Collison and have a bunch of point guards in the roster.

dmo21
      Participant

I don’t believe Collison is good as a full time starter (see Indiana, Dallas). So he’d be there to be a backup. And if you have the chance to get Rondo, you don’t let Collison be the reason you turn it down.

dmo21
      Participant

I don’t believe Collison is good as a full time starter (see Indiana, Dallas). So he’d be there to be a backup. And if you have the chance to get Rondo, you don’t let Collison be the reason you turn it down.

CavFanPR
    Participant

Boston fan? Why would Sacramento do this when they just signed Collison and have a bunch of point guards in the roster.

Bird_Years
    Participant

That Kings lineup will have exactly 1 person in the starting lineup who teams will need to guard on the 3 point line. Besides the absurdity of taking on Smith’s contract

dmo21
      Participant

Yeah, shooting could be a major problem for them (hopefully Stauskas could light it up). But I’d see this team being more like the Grizzlies who run a low post orientated offence (which would work good with Cousins, Smith, and Gay). They could also get some easy fast break baskets with Rondo, Gay, and Smith running.

And with Smith, it’s crazy how much people undervalue him after one bad year playing out of position for a disfunctional team. Plus, Sacramento is getting rid of Landry and Thompsons contracts in this deal as well. In addition, this new Kings owner might be ready to do something big.

3 No Biases 3
        Participant

I understand the floor spacing, but I think it would be overrated in this case.  Every player has ability to catch the ball on the perimeter and make a play and people don’t look at that as much.  Its not like Cousins, Smith, and Gay cant drive passed their man or make an outside jumper.  Even Cousins can hit the 18 footer.  I personally would like to see this team assembled.  Smith and Rondo are best friends off the court and Cousins will love Rondo dishing him the ball inside.  

3 No Biases 3
        Participant

I understand the floor spacing, but I think it would be overrated in this case.  Every player has ability to catch the ball on the perimeter and make a play and people don’t look at that as much.  Its not like Cousins, Smith, and Gay cant drive passed their man or make an outside jumper.  Even Cousins can hit the 18 footer.  I personally would like to see this team assembled.  Smith and Rondo are best friends off the court and Cousins will love Rondo dishing him the ball inside.  

dmo21
      Participant

Yeah, shooting could be a major problem for them (hopefully Stauskas could light it up). But I’d see this team being more like the Grizzlies who run a low post orientated offence (which would work good with Cousins, Smith, and Gay). They could also get some easy fast break baskets with Rondo, Gay, and Smith running.

And with Smith, it’s crazy how much people undervalue him after one bad year playing out of position for a disfunctional team. Plus, Sacramento is getting rid of Landry and Thompsons contracts in this deal as well. In addition, this new Kings owner might be ready to do something big.

Bird_Years
    Participant

That Kings lineup will have exactly 1 person in the starting lineup who teams will need to guard on the 3 point line. Besides the absurdity of taking on Smith’s contract

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login