This topic contains 30 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar BringWinBingo 11 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    providencefriars1
    Participant
    Top 50 Seniors 2012-2013

This list started with 81 guys and was the hardest list I have ever made. There were a lot of great players that I planned on having included when I decided on the topic, but didn’t make it.

People are saying that college basketball is down this year but that is false. It might not have the star power but there is a lot of parity and this list shows 50 great veterans who will make this season very exciting. I honestly think you could make a case for every one of these guys to be in the top 10.

1.       Isaiah Canaan, PG Murray St
    2.       CJ McCollum, SG Lehigh
    3.       Jeff Withey, C Kansas
    4.       Alex Oriakhi, C Missouri
    5.       Pierre Jackson, PG Baylor
    6.       Kenny Boynton, SG Florida
    7.       Christian Watford, SF Indiana
    8.       Solomon Hill, SF Arizona
    9.       Mason Plumlee, C Duke
    10.   Mike Snaer, SG Florida St
    11.   Matthew Dellavedova, PG St Mary’s
    12.   Rodney Mcgruder, SG Kansas St
    13.   Seth Curry, G Duke
    14.   Ryan Kelly, PF Duke
    15.   Vincent Council, PG Providence
    16.   Rontei Clarke, G Butler
    17.   Nate Wolters, PG South Dakota St
    18.   Reggie Johnson, C Miami
    19.   Elijiah Johnson, PG Kansas
    20.   Brock Motum, PF Washington St
    21.   DJ Cooper, PG Ohio
    22.   Dexter Strickland, G UNC
    23.   Travis Releford, SG Kansas
    24.   Jack Cooley, PF Notre Dame
    25.   Drew Crawford, SG Northwestern
    26.   Rodney Williams, SF Minnesota
    27.   Brandon Paul, SG Illinois
    28.   Peyton Siva, PG Louisville
    29.   Erik Murphy, PF Florida
    30.   Aziz N’Diaye, C Washington
    31.   Jordan Hulls, PG Indiana
    32.   Kenny Kadiji, PF Miami
    33.   Tray Woodall, PG Pitt
    34.   Brandon Davies, PF BYU
    35.   Jeronne Maymon, F Tennessee
    36.   Tim Frazier, PG Penn St
    37.   Keith Clanton, PF UCF
    38.   Brandon Triche, PG Syracuse
    39.   Mouph Yarou, C Villanova
    40.   Elias Harris, F Gonzaga
    41.   Laurence Bowers, F Missouri
    42.   Darius Theus, PG VCU
    43.   Michael Dixon, G Missouri
    44.   Robert Covington, F Tennessee St
    45.   Steven Pledger, SG Oklahoma
    46.   Kerron Johnson, PG Belmont
    47.   Richard Howell, PF NCST
    48.   Jackie Carmichael, PF Illinois St
    49.   Zeke Marshall, C Akron
    50.   Arsalan Kazemi, F Rice

Just Missed- Jordan Henriquez, Scott Wood, DJ Richardson, EJ Singler, Jio Fontan
    steviechillz
    Participant

lol give me peyton siva over guys like brandon paul, jack cooley, and drew crawford.  I think Richard howell, mouph yarou, and triche all should be in the late 20’s but other than that, not a terrible list. not a good one either lol

Nbanflguy
    Participant

I think you forgot Trevor Mbakwe

YSUFan10
    Participant

I would put Cashmere Wright over Darius Theus. And you got to have Carl Jones in there and Khalif Wyatt at least on the bubble.

goldie92689
    Participant

I am very excited about triche and the orange…I think they are going to have a big year. They have a 7-8 guys with nba talent. No NBA all stars, but a lot of Hakeem Warricks

geothermal
    Participant

can Oriakhi play? he did transfer from UCONN right?

goldie92689
      Participant

UConn violation make him eligible right away.

goldie92689
    Participant

Anybody else think he is vastly over rated?

I mean…lamb and drummond were lottery picks, somebody has to take the fall for last season.

providencefriars1
    Participant

Ahhh ur right Mbakwe bad bad omission. As for Wyatt, Jones and Wright they were cut

DipoTime
    Participant

No offense man but Jordan hulls is really just a shooter. That’s about it.. And now with yogi there I think he will play off ball even more and focus on his shooting. An amazing shooter for sure but he doesn’t distribute as much as a pg should even though I do think he’s a good passer. He’s not very big or athletic and he’s definitely not quick enough defensively for a lot of the quicker guards. He’s even worse defensively if he’s playing the two.

This is coming from a lifelong IU fan btw. I love the guy but with all the talent coming in he looks like a 12 and 3 guy. 

mattmancalcagno
    Participant

Why hasn’t anybody thought of it for fun? U know like drafting players and making teams with college bball players, that would be so fun, but i think there would be some issues with the NCAA not sure what though… But wouldnt that be pretty fun

YSUFan10
    Participant

that assessment of Jordan Hulls was right on. Hulls is a great 3 pt shooter and distributes from the perimeter, but he has little ability to get into the paint. I definitely think 12 and 3 is reasonable numbers for him. Also, I guarantee you when you look back on this season you Cash Wright and Carl Jones going to end up being good enough to make top 50 seniors.

zcnumerouno
    Participant

You forgot Trevor Mbakwe and Jared Berggren, arguably the two best big man in the Big 10 (if not the two best players).

raybeas
      Participant

big men in the Big10. Maybe two best senior big men on one team. Watford > both, and he’s a natural SF . CZeller > both. Mitch McGary may be better than both.

ZYHEHEWA
        Participant

can Oriakhi play?

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

Oriakhi has been a disappointment in my eyes so far.  As a freshman he looked like he had the frame to be the next Okafor but his progression has been much slower.  To be fair he won a national title but was never close to the impact of Okafor or most UConn big men.

Siggy
    Participant

I think Kevin Dillard should be on this list.

BlueRivers25
    Participant

Kelly at 14 is way too high.

BringWinBingo
      Participant

Did you watch the video you posted?

ENOGSIWONdede

forgot the best senior in the country lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

ENOGSIWONdede

and even though it is a small school LIU Brooklyn has two guys Olasawere and Boyd I think should be on this list

ENOGSIWONdede

Fat boy Reggie Johnson at 18 and above Kadji WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Durand Scott much?

ENOGSIWONdede

Also what is up with all the midgets at the tops lol?

1. Mbakwe

2. Withey

3. Wolters

4. Carmichael

5. Kadji

OGWIKIBE
      Participant

Why hasn’t anybody thought of it for fun?

YSUFan10
    Participant

yah, I would definitely have included Olasewere and Julian Boyd and maybe OD Anosike too.

ENOGSIWONdede

Jackie Carmichael is legit if you guys have not seen him play almost a clone of Andrew Nicholson.

YSUFan10
    Participant

Seriously, Carmichael plays like Nicholson. No way. Nicholson is a great shooter for a big man and will be used as a stretch 4 guy in the league and will also post up occassionally. Carmichael can’t shoot half as good as Nicholson from deep or mid range. I just have no clue where you got that comparison they play nothing alike.

ENOGSIWONdede

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbu1bENmdEY

Carmichael got the stroke he just only shoots game winning threes

eazy_peaches
      Participant

Did you watch the video you posted? He catches the ball off a hail mary pass and hoists it immediately with 1 second left. And his shot is ugly. Goes in off the backboard, though.

But it certainly doesn’t display his shooting "touch" like you said.

Not sure I agree with you about him being a "Nicholson clone", either. And its odd you used a video of Carmichael hitting an ugly 3PFG to prove your point. He only attempted 4 3PFG’s all season, and only 7 3PFG attempts in his 3 years in college. In comparison, Nicholson made 53 3PFG attempts as a senior, nearly 2 per game.

EDEDnowisgone

Nicholson made 6 3’s his first 3 years, I guess he did improve his shooting in his final year a lot but Carmichael shoots well from the mid range and I think he will shoot the ball from 18-20 fine in the NBA.  And anyway no two players are exactly alike, they probably were a little more alike a year ago but I dont think Nicholson is that much better of a shooter as some people think he is.  Derrick Williams shot well over 50% from three in college and it did not translate to the pros exactly.

MUbballfan
    Participant

Trent Lockett?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login