Top 5 Overlooked players who just have bad luck getting playing time
These are some players that people are not considering doing the draft what would be nice pick ups to a team
Gerald Green - Memphis Grizzlies alongside Rudy Gay and Oj Mayo great fit...Call this the new big three. If green gets time trust me he can score he will produce
Javaris Crittenton - Slated as the next Steve francis with a half of year of playing time expect him to suprise alot of people this year. 14pg 7 assist ...Because of caron, gil, and jamison
Stromile Swift - PLease somebody play this guy over 10 min a game
10 and 10 guy .. He is only getting older I just want to see him play in a d'antiono type offense great athlete .. Needs a no IQ type offense
Anthony Randolph - Needs a new place to play alongside Brandan Wright these guys may have the Jermaine oneal 5 years than becomes a star.. Sorry to say the league is to packed right now
Dajuan Wagner - Smaller J.R. Rider Sprewell combination .. Good fit for the Toronto raptors, sign him and get some scoring. Cavaliers could've used him if he was in good health
Pops Mensah Bonsu - Explosive athlete again I am only naming people of the top of my brain, this guy is he got the playing time could fill that maxiel role. Probably never a starter but if he did get the chance could look like a poor mans mcdyess - larry johnson combination .. Mcdyess when he has legs
Jerryd Bayless/Martel Webster - NEEDS PLAYING TIME
Shannon Brown - More athletic arenas if given the playing time, not a great defender. Triange will ruin his offensive game
great fit with gay and mayo? why would memphis waste time with a one dimensional player. they have much larger issues to focus on.
are you serious?
Here's a few that just came to my head
1. Andray Blatche: I am Syracuse biased on this one and have said the Knicks should have picked him over David Lee. I don't think in the long run I will be wrong about this one. Had high expectations coming out of HS. Was shot and Flagged down for picking up a prostitute that turned out to be an undercover cop, but that's beside the point. A nice long developing big man who with 30 minutes per game can be downright deadly. Anybody whose owned him in Fantasy knows what a tease this guy is. I think he's the reason Washington goes SG and passed on Jordan Hill if available.
2. Louis Williams; They didn't just sign him to a 5 year 20 million dollar contract for him to play second fiddle with Andre Miller for too long.. The kid has thrived when Elton Brand went down with his injury to a tune of 14ppg, 2rpg, 1spg, 3apg in 20-30mpg all while playing with Andre Miller. The shows his next year and he will thrive in their uptempo offense. Major steal in any league.
3. Ramon Sessions; I honestly think Scott Skiles is the only coach in this league that would start Luke Ridnour over this guy. Averaged 12-6-3-1 in spot time until Redd went down. The guy is a star waiting to happen. The minute Scott Skiles, Michael Redd, or Luke Ridnour are our the door this guy will flourish in this system.
4. JR Smith; He's a super star waiting to happen. Again another situation where a reserve starts over the better player. Something I don't agree with. You put your best lineup on the court and just run with it. You use your bench for situational matchups. If his head where only at the level his athletic ability and natural talent was at this guy would be a perfect second fiddle to Carmelo Anthony.
5. Thabo Seflosha; The guys going to in my mind get the first look at starting shooting guard come next season. Played well when Durant went down and is a rotisserie stud. They gave up a first round pick to get him this year so you have to think that he will see serious playing time even if he is a reserve. Don't sleep on him and to anyone that owns Durant make sure you grab this guy for the insurance.
Shannon Brown might be more athletic then arenas, but he is nowhere near a franchise caliber all-star. Wagner, Bonsu,? Are they even in the league? I've seen plenty of Gerald Green and Stromile swift, and guess what, they are'nt that good. Sure they are athletic, but Green is not a great shooter or ball-handler and he is soft whenever someone plays him physical. Swift can run and jump, but that's about it. Try giving him the ball in a half court set aginst defense, and you will see why he has never lived up to the hype.
Crittenton, Randolph, Bayless, and Webster can all be good, but they are young and need to earn their minutes. Plain and simple the guys ahead of them in the rotation are just better right now.
I think Javaris Crittenton has the potential to be a Stevie Franchise..he is big and strong for a pg and he is an athletic freak. I think he shouldve returned for his soph. yr and he wouldnt be a "slave" to the game like he is now. He is a talented player.
I also think Gerald Green could a good scorer if he got more playing time. But he will have to prove he can defend at little, though. Which he hasnt. He faces the same problem that Von Wafer had before this season. He can score and ALWAYS looks for his shot, for good or bad, and he will have to defend better or he will just be a journeyman player.
Stromile Swift is an unbelievable athlete and has the tools to be productive. However the guy is pretty lazy and not very bright at all. He was placed in a situation in Phoenix last year that would seem to be ideal for him. An uptempo type offense that was very thin in the front court due to injuries. He just doesn't seem to have any sort of killer instinct or desire to be great.
How about Joe Alexander? They guy is a freak athlete. Developed a great outside shot as a rookie. Dude is a good rebounder and a hard worker. The only thing holding him back is his defence, which will get better in time, and his playing time. Because of the trade that the Bucks pulled out, Jefferson is stealing his playing time and Mbah a Moute had a great first half of the season. No arguments there. Could end up being something of a Shawn Marion type player.
webster was hurt this year..wagners colon injury set him wayyyyyy back..swift has gotten time but hes lazy and only displays good things once every blue moon gereld green is athletic but doesnt produce and his defense sucks
Linaz Kleiza a good player but deserves to play more, Adam Morrison did pretty good when he got playing time in Charlotte.
Birdman I've seen Kleiza and he's never wowed me even with extended time. A role player at best in my mind.
Green could excel on the knicks. We need another 2-guard and he is tailor-made for the D'Antoni system. I dont know about the Brown/Arenas comparisons but I have been a big fan of Shannon since H.S. If anybody remembers, Arenas was only considered a good role player until he emerged in Washington.
gilbert was good at gs...green would do a lil better in d tonis system because he wouldnt have to play defense...klezia zones out too much on defense and sometimes tries to do too muhc..but he is a good player