This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Siggy 10 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Leonard Washington
    Participant

Since the 2013 season is over I’ve been looking at the rankings for 2014 and I’m at a crossroads at who the top PG is between Tyus Jones and Emmanuel Mudiay.

Personally I like what Mudiay brings to the table with size, speed, explosiveness, court vision, scoring ability and his ability to be a combo guard if needed. I know a lot of people are high on Tyus, but I think there is a good chance Mudiay can be a better player in the long run. Thoughts?

NickWayne87
    Participant

is always gonna “LOOK” better

rileymcshea3
    Participant

I’ve seen Emmanual play in person because he in our city and see him a lot at my aau tourneys,and he is like a true point guard in a sgs body.
    There is no doubt I would take him over Tyus when talking about their futures in the NBA,his athleticism and size allows him to do everything Tyus can do but better

Siggy
      Participant

Size and athleticism don’t make players run offense better, make better decisions or even shoot better. Mudiay certainly has the higher potential. He might have the most potential out of anyone in his class. That being said Tyus Jones is a basketball savant and is the better player now. He’s so smart, skilled and economical with his movement. He drops easy 20/9 ast games without breaking a sweat. He’s the most polished and poised player in HS.

khoon24

Sick handles, great vision and a good shooter.

lockdownD

Joel Berry

Leonard Washington
      Participant

Im down with that Lockdown, I’m expecting big things from Berry at UNC

Ty Benjamins
    Participant

Daquan Jones is pretty good

Ty Benjamins
    Participant

He’s a pretty good Tall PG prospect. I don’t know what I was thinking saying Daquan Jones.

Malcolmx
    Participant

I feel Eman and Tyus are at the top of the class but look out for a kid named Kaleb Joseph from Boston he is in the top 50 now. But looks like a top 20 player and he may rise up the rankings.To me right now Tyus is better, he just isn’t exciting to watch.

Siggy
    Participant

So far throughout the EYBL sessions leading up to the Peach Jam, Tyus Jones is avg’ing 23ppg (2nd in the league) 7apg (1st in the league) 3 reb, 2.7 stl (1st in the league) on 57%/88%/46% shooting, with a 2.8/1 A/T ratio.
    That is just ridiculous, especially for AAU ball where stats tend not to be so impressive overall factoring in efficiency. He’s reinforcing his status as the best PG in HS and staking his claim as the best player in HS basketball. He won’t impress the mixtape jockeys all that much, but this kid is a basketball genius.

Siggy
    Participant

So far throughout the EYBL sessions leading up to the Peach Jam, Tyus Jones is avg’ing 23ppg (2nd in the league) 7apg (1st in the league) 3 reb, 2.7 stl (1st in the league) on 57%/88%/46% shooting, with a 2.8/1 A/T ratio.
    That is just ridiculous, especially for AAU ball where stats tend not to be so impressive overall factoring in efficiency. He’s reinforcing his status as the best PG in HS and staking his claim as the best player in HS basketball. He won’t impress the mixtape jockeys all that much, but this kid is a basketball genius.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login