Top 10 prospects comparisons and analysis
1. Blake Griffin
NBA Comparison: Karl Malone with more athletic ability / Kenyon Martin with more talent
- He's often compared to Malone, He's Karl Malone in terms of size, strength and work ethic. But he's way more athletic than Malone, Kenyon Martin (when he was in New Jersey) and Antonio McDyess (in his early years) are the best comparisons for Griffin in terms of athleticism and toughness. They all have superior athletic ability, guard speed and quickness, and they can run the floor and lead the fast break.
2. Hasheem Thabeet
NBA Comparison: Dikembe Mutombo / Samuel Dalembert
- Very good athleticism for his size, a defensive demon in the paint. Mutombo comes to mind when you see him play because of the way he blocks shots, gets up and down the court, and very limited offensively.
3. James Harden
NBA Comparison: Paul Pierce / Brandon Roy
- Crafty one on one player with good offensive skills, and above average defensive game. Has above average athleticism, but plays the game in a slow pace. Beats opponents regularly because of his craftiness and variety of moves, also has a respectable jump shot. Pierce and Roy are may be the best comparisons, the way they play the game in a slow-pace and letting the game come to them.
4. Ricky Rubio
NBA Comparisons: Steve Nash w/o the jump shot / a more skillful John Stockton
- Leadership and Maturity are the two main assets of Rubio, you rarely see an eighteen year old leading his team in the Olympics. Superior understanding of the game at a young age. His patience and defensive skills says John Stockton. He's passing and flare says Steve Nash.
5. Jordan Hill
NBA Comparisons: Poor man's Amare Stoudemire
- Athletic player at 6'10 232, can hit the perimeter jump shot and also run the floor, very good in pick and roll situations because of the ability to drain the jump shot. Amare comes to mind because of the size and mid-range game. But doesn't have the talent and intensity of Amare.
6. Tyreke Evans
NBA Comparisons: Jamal Crawford / Rich man's John Salmons
- Very smooth with the ball, has a lot of moves, in and out's, crossovers, and spin moves. Has very good size and length. Looks like Jamal Crawford when he's handling the ball. and John Salmons when he's attacking the rim.
7. Johnny Flynn
NBA Comparisons: Damon Stoudamire / A little bit of Isaiah Thomas
- A point guard who can make his team better, creates opportunities for his teammates, very good controlling the game. can play uptempo or set up the offense. Furious when attacking the rim due to his superior athletic ability. A leader on the floor.
8. Stephen Curry
NBA Comparisons: Mark Price with less point guard skills / Mike Bibby with less point guard skills
- A pure shooter who's game has improved. Can play the point guard, passing and ball handling is above average. Can shoot the lights out in any given night. Isn't that good at the point yet, but eventually will improve.
9. DeMar DeRozan
NBA Comparisons: Vince Carter
- Off the charts athletic ability and a very high upside. Jumps like Vince, has added more faces into his game, a very good rebounder at his position and has a nice mid-range game to compliment his slashing ability.
10. Jeff Teague
NBA Comparisons: Monta Ellis, Kevin Johnson
- A scoring point guard that can score in many ways, excellent athleticism and speed. Can attack the rim and dunk over bigger opponents like Monta and Kevin. Also good with the ball has a nice array of moves.
He really has more skills, Stockton may be better but he really has more skills, You'll know that once you take a look at their games.
That is not a valid arguement. Raul Lopez played in the Olympics when he was 20. Patrick Mills played in the Olympics last year. Are they more skilled than Stockton?
I really don't care about points. I know it's you that keeps giving me thumbs-down. I'm also pretty sure you give yourself points on every post. It's a flawed system that stands for nothing.
i'm really not giving you the thumbs down. and i just have 90+ posts then i get 200+ points. yeah they did play, But nobody played in the level that Rubio played. butidonthavemoney honestly do you play ball or just watch? you'll know the difference when you play.
This is going around in circles. I feel like I can't get anywhere arguing with you. If that is your opinion, whatever. Your point is so obscure I don't even know how to respond. I'm sure you know what you're talking about but I don't understand at all.
I have nothing else to say. Lets just agree to disagree.
If you won't do that, then let me fuel your homophobic rant before I go.
Stockton looks good in short shorts.
Bring it on.
So gay, But I really respect your side, Stockton has elite skill-level,But for me Rubio is just more skillful and talented.
You're saying that Rubio right now has more skill than Stockton in his prime?
has the potential to have more skill.
Ok. As long as you're not saying Rubio now, has more skills than Stockton. He could develop more, but as of right now no way.
yeah surely, that's why i compared him to an 18 year old Stockton, butihavenomoney maybe right that it was not right comparing him, But I really think Rubio was a better player at this point.
Rubio at this point of his career has more skills than John Stockton. Stockton, one of the best of all-time is a great point guard, that may not be the case for Rubio in the future, But as of this point of their careers Rubio has more potential and skill.
That might be true. I have no idea how good Stockton was going into Gonzaga but he had a very good college career. He was the 5th ranked pg coming out of college so I assume Rubio is ahead of where Stockton was at 18 years old.
Deeds is trying to say that Rubio is flashier than Stockton... If, by more skilled, you mean flashier, than maybe I'll give you that.
Stockton was so skilled that he didnt' have to do anything spectacular to be, IMO, the best/most efficient PG ever.
Rubio can't even make a jumper! how could he be more skilled? he just ATTEMPTS more ridiculous passes... just cause stockton didn't ATTEMPT to make those foolish plays, doesn't mean he wasn't able to, it just means that he was skilled enough to score pretty much at-will so he didn't waste his time with garbage passes that have slim to no chance of being completed....
deeds why you so homophobic? got a little secret? right when someone attacks your point they're gay? what are you covering up...