This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar llperez 5 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    2quick4u
    Participant

Here is my top 10 list of players (in no particular order as that will depend on needs) that their average draft position is 140&under, which will probably be your last pick, but could give a lot value in return:

1. Alex Len: he’s found a new home and it looks like he fits perfect. Len looks healthy, confident, happy and he will start for a weak Hawks team that needs contributors. The most impressive is the 3 PT shot he’s added to his game, and it seems that it doesn’t hurt his FG%. If he can stay healthy and play 25min a game he could be a real steal in the last draft round.

projected stats: 13’5 Pts/ 7’5 Rb/ 1’5 Bl/ 1 3PM/ 50 FG%/ 73 FT%/ 1,5 TO

2. Jonathan Isaac: OK it seems like he’s made of cristal but if he manages to play at least 60 games he could really boost your defensive categories. I mean we’re talking about a guy that if he plays 25min could average at least 1’5 ST&Blk plus 1 3PM and those numbers are gold for fantasy. His FG% will increase, remember in College he averaged 51% while hitting 1 triple a game.

projected stats: 11 Pts/ 5 Rb/ 1’5 St/ 1’5 Bl/ 1.2 3PM/ 43 FG%/ 78 FT%/ 1,2 TO

3. Pascal Siakam: I love this player, he’s the glue guy in Toronto and with Leonard and Anunoby they’ll be a nightmare for opponents with their defense. It seems Toronto is going small ball and he’ll start at 4, which means more minutes, rebounds and blocks. He’s also shooting more 3’s although it might hurt his FG% a little, but seems more comfortable at the FT line.

projected stats: 11,5 Pts/ 7 Rb/ 1’3 St/ .8 Bl/ 2’5 Ast/ .8 3PM/ 49 FG%/ 75 FT%/ 1,4 TO

4. Willy Hernangomez: If somebody gives this man 30 min a game he would be a double double machine. He’s one of those players with the ability to sum numbers with ease in the mold of Jokic or Cousins (saving distances of course). I think he’ll start early season in the bench but by all-star he’ll start as his numbers will speak for him; if so, MIP could be within his reach.

projected stats: 14 Pts/ 9’5 Rb/ .9 St/ 1.1 Bl/ 1 3PM/ 53 FG%/ 75 FT%/ 1,5 TO

5. Cedi Osman: Without Lebron there’s plenty of minutes and touches in Cleveland and Cedi could benefit the most. He’s a fan favourite and i think he’ll start at 3 next to Hood in the wings.

projected stats: 11 Pts/ 4 Rb/ 2’5 Ast/ 1 St/ 1.4 3PM/ 47 FG%/ 70 FT%/ 1,4 TO

6. Jakob Poeltl: With Pau about to turn 39, Poeltl will start at 5 and will have the chance to grow a lot as a player next to Pau and Pop. He could put some very interesting defensive numbers.

projected stats: 10 Pts/ 8 Rb/ 1’7 Bl/ 65 FG%/ 65 FT%/ 1,3 TO

7. Mario Hezonja: he’s started slow in pre-seson but he should have plenty of opportunities in NY and last year he proved that with minutes he can really contribute.

projected stats: 13 Pts/ 4’5 Rb/ 1’4 St/ .5 Bl/ 1’5 3PM/ 45 FG%/ 83 FT%/ 1,4 TO 

8. James Ennis III: I think Ennis has landed in the perfect situation at the right time and he’s ready to take everything they give him. Due to his versatility whether he starts or not he’ll play solid minutes, enough to impact in fantasy. PJ Tucker is an option too, but i think Ennis is the better one as he’s more efficient.

projected stats: 11 Pts/ 4 Rb/ 1’2 St/ .5 Bl/ 1’5 3PM/ 46’5 FG%/ 81 FT%/ 1 TO

9. Allen Crabbe: Last year he didn’t shoot the ball well and had poor FG% but let’s remember this guy shot over 46% his last 2 seasons in Portland. His last 5 RS games ended with 21pts with 4.6 triples and over 50% FG giving a glimpse of what he’s capable.

projected stats: 15’5 Pts/ 4 Rb/ .8 St/ .5 Bl/ 2.9 3PM/ 45 FG%/ 87 FT%/ 1 TO

10. JaVale McGee: If he manages to play 20-25 min a game he could be a steal. Playing at a fast pace next to Lebron and Lonzo will give him a lot of chances to score easy points, plus he’s LA’s only rim protector. He’s making FT’s like nothing.

projected stats: 11 pts/ 7 Rb/ 1’8 Bl/ 62 FG%/ 77 FT%/ 1.2 TO

OhCanada-
    Participant

Nice list. I like Len as well but hes shown tons of inconsistency it should be interesting to see if he can breakout in a better enviroment.

XYRYX
    Participant

Nice list and I also noticed Len had a good preseason and barring any major injury he will have a good year in Atlanta.

I also think Bobby Portis will have a good year. I also think Lauri Markkanen will have a good year despite the addition of Jabari but he is out for 2 months and an elbow injury is tough to overcome and I‘m not not so sure about his impact this season anymore. Lauri is a future All Star to me but Portis plays with fire and I see him having a good year. Chris Dunn will also post good numbers. 15 ppg, 7 apg, 4 rebounds and 2 steals will look good on any fantasy team. 

There are a few guys from the Nets who will also be good this year. Dinwiddi, LeVert, Russell and even RHJ all are poised to make an impact but could eat into each other’s minutes. 

Isaac is fun to watch and I will follow his season closely to see if he can be the savior of the Magic along with Bamba. 

llperez

Had my fantasy draft on Saturday. I had 7th pick of 12

Jokic, wall, love, Bledsoe, Conley, Russell, Covington, gallinari, saric , Schroeder, E Payton, p gasol, w Mathews, r hood

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login