Top 10 2014

TripleDoubleKing
TripleDoubleKing's picture
Top 10 2014

Make a prediction for next year. Who do you think will be the top 10 players coming into next years' draft? Assuming everyone develops and does what is expected to a point. My List.

1. Andrew Wiggins-explosive athlete, good shooting mechanics, potential through the roof. With all the hype he has alot to live up to and prove. His year at Kansas i'm expecting huge things.
2. Julius Randle- Skilled, athletic, a bully in the paint. I'm expecting a dominant inside/out game from him.
3. Jabari Parker-Skilled, great offensive player, great intangibles. If he gets his body right the sky is the limit truly, could be the best player in class.
4. Andrew Harrison- Big, athletic Pg with good shooting ability and the size to bully other pgs. High ceiling.
5.James Young-Athletic left handed wing with great shooting ability. If he puts it together on the defensive end could develop into a top level wing.
6.Garry Harris- Man has that special gene in him. Has the complete package just needs to keep improving. Should have a huge year at Michigan State.
7. Marcus Smart- Needs to show improvement in his shooting ability and decision making. Big guard needs to show that he is a true 1 not a combo.
8. Willy Cauley-Stein- 7 footer with great athleticism. If he can take a vocal role with this kentucky team and lead them to the promised land he will receive top 5 consideration considering the weakness in the league of centers.
9.Glenn Robinson III/Wayne Selden- Hard to pick between them.
10.Mitch McGary- Big body. Good motor. If shows offensive development could have a big role in the league. Reminds me of a Nick Collinson type of player.

Memphis Madness
McGary is the biggest wild

McGary is the biggest wild card here. If he keeps improving he looks like a prototype power forward who can do some of everything. Needs to work on his free throw shooting and range but it looks like the pieces are coming together. Should be given an expanded role next year at Michigan so let's see what he can do.

Windy City Assassin
I like

I like Andrew Harrison a lot but right now Marcus Smart should be the #1 PG on everyones list.

esperanzafleet69
esperanzafleet69's picture
how can you possibly say

how can you possibly say that? you havent seen a single game from the harrison twins. marcus smart is good, but i dont think he'll be anything special. he's a bad shooter who cant limit his turnovers.

Windy City Assassin
Easy! He's a proven guard on

Easy! He's a proven guard on the collegiate level that chose to return to better himself. We are talking about a guard who was easily considered the #1 PG in this years draft class and possibly the #1 overall pick.

CAROLINA BLUE NICK
CAROLINA BLUE NICK's picture
I agree, if Marcus Smart

I agree, if Marcus Smart comes back next year with a better jumper he should be the number one point guard taken. Also I think Wayne Selden has a better chance at going top 5 than James Young. Unless James Young is starting over Aaron Harrison. I don't see him starting over Poythress. But I love Seldens game. Has a nice handle, attacks the rim well and has a nice jumper. His jumper isn't better than Young's but I just really like Selden as a prospect more than I like Young.

laxmison
1- Wiggins 2- Randle 3-

1- Wiggins
2- Randle
3- Parker
4- Smart
5-Vonleh
6- PJ Hariston
7- McGary
8- Kyle Anderson
9- Kasey Hill
10-McAdoo

sleepers- Wayne Selden, Kuran Iverson, Marcus Paige, Lebryan Nash, Jahii Carson, Joe Harris(uva), Isaiah hicks, Rodney Hood

providencefriars1
providencefriars1's picture
Hicks and Iverson are in

Hicks and Iverson are in logjams so I doubt they will stand out much next year

UNC has McAdoo, Johnson, James, Hubert, Simmons, and even Hariston who all played significant minutes at the 4+5 last season. They also bring in another AA frontcourt player in Kennedy Meeks.

Memphis adds David Pellom(a good grad transfer), Nick King, and Austin Nichols to Shaq Goodwin.

These battles for minutes will be crazy and I cant wait to see how they unfold

Sewok15
Sewok15's picture
I am really not that high on

I am really not that high on Vonleh. He seems way too raw to be a top 10 prospect in the 2014 draft. I haven't seen a ton of him but what I have seen hasn't impressed me. I would prefer Aaron Gordon over him at this point.

Having McAdoo and Hairston on the list gives away your UNC bias...especially when you put Paige in the sleepers. Anderson over GR3 is a bit of a head-scratcher as well.

Sewok15
Sewok15's picture
1. Wiggins 2. Randle 3.

1. Wiggins
2. Randle
3. Parker
4. Smart
5. James Young
6. Little Big Dog
7. Selden
8. WCS
9. Spencer Dinwiddie
10. McGary

Wreckless
Wreckless's picture
1.) Andrew Wiggins (SF, SG),

1.) Andrew Wiggins (SF, SG), Kansas.
Nothing really to say here. Out of this world athleticism, should be the man on Kansas next year. Expect something like 16-17 PPG, 7 RPG, 2 SPG and a block.
2.) Jabari Parker (SF, PF), Duke.
Skilled prospect, can shoot it. Expect him to average alot of boards at Duke, especially since there thin down low and Tarik Black didn't sign. He'll be the go to guy and I think he'll deliver. He's very proffesional, all he needs to really do is tone down his body.
3.) Julius Randle (PF), Kentucky.
Just a man child on the high school level and I expect the same in college. He and Andrew Harrison will be the leaders of this Kentucky team and I think he'll be the go to scorer. Rebounds it well and he's athletic. Hope he doesn't settle for a lot of jumpshots.
4.) Marcus Smart (PG, SG), Oklahoma State.
Just a hard working kid. Has to improve his shooting percentages and I think he will. Has a NBA ready body and he's a leader. I expect him to be a candidate for the NPOY award.
5.) James Young (SG, SF), Kentucky.
Just a flat out shooter. I live in the atra and the kid is just a beast. Has everything you want in a two guard. He'll be splitting time with Poythress though, and that may lower his stock in the season, but he's better than the two guard prospects in this draft imo. Just let him prove it.
6.) Aaron Gordon (SF, PF), Arizona.
Will most likely have very low 3 point shooting numbers and a low FT percentage, but if Gilchrist can get drafted in the top 2, then this guy is definitely a top 10 pick. He's a winner and he'll produce from day 1 at the 3 for the Wildcats. He's a good passe, good rebounder and is athletic. Also has a good motor. NBA Scouts will love him.
7.) TJ Warren (SF), NC State.
Will be the MAN at NC State with Howell, Brown, and Purvis leaving. NC state wont win alot of games, buti guarantee you he's putting up 20 PPG next year. Has a NBA body with a stroke. Not that athletic but he's a ballplayer.
8.) Andrew Harrison (PG), Kentucky.
He'll have to adjust of course. He has very good potential but I want to see how he handles the pressure at Kentucky. Has potential and a nice frame.
9.) Mario Hezonja (SG), Croatia.
I havent seen hezonja play, but from everything I read he's intriguing. Good shooter and good potential but has character issues.
10.) Mitch McGary (PF, C), Michigan.
He and Glenn Robinson will be the leaders for Michigan. Has a good motor and rebounds the ball like an animal. Plays the P&R good. Wonder how he'll handle all those minutes next year.

Just missed: Noah Vonleh, Glenn Robinson, Willie Cauley Chris Walker, Gary Harris, PJ Hairston, Aaron Harrison

Lafferty Daniel
Lafferty Daniel's picture
Randle

1. Julius Randle
2. Andrew Wiggins
3. Marcus Smart
4. Andrew Harrison
5. Jabari Parker
6. Dante Exum
7. Wayne Selden
8. Willie Cauley-Stein
9. Mario Hezonja
10. Aaron Gordon

Big Wiggins fan, but I have a feeling that Randle is going to dominate next year and will become the 1st overall pick.

11. Glen Robinson III
12. Aaron Harrison
13. Mitch McGary
14. Gary Harris
15. James Young
16. Isaiah Austin
17. Noah Vonleh
18. Chris Walker
19. T.J. Warren
20. Kyle Anderson

Wouldn't surprise me if any of these prospects make it to the top 10, as well as guys like Payne, Hairston, Sulaimon, Hood, Harrell etc...

Should be a great season for college basketball and watching prospects. Can't wait!

CAROLINA BLUE NICK
CAROLINA BLUE NICK's picture
Good call on Randle. I too

Good call on Randle. I too think he will give Wiggins a run for the number one pick next year. Randle is a straight beast. I forgot about Dante Exum as well. I figured he would be in 2015 but he is eligible for next years draft.

Chilbert arenas
Chilbert arenas's picture
@lexmison when all is said

@lexmison when all is said and done I don't see Anderson or McAdoo going first round let alone top 10.

J_01
Top 10

1. Andrew Wiggins
2. Jabari Parker
3. Marcus Smart
4. Julius Randle
5. Andrew Harrison
6. Semaj Christon
7. Glenn Robinson III
8. Gary Harris
9. Mitch McGary
10. P.J Hairston

- Can't wait to see who next year's breakout guy is. That guy who just rockets up the draft boards like Derrick WIlliams in 2011 or Dion Waiters in 2012. These two guys were late 1st rounders at best but by the end of the season became top 5 picks. This year I guess is Olynyk who wasn't even mentioned to be drafted but after redshirting is now a potential lottery pick

TripleDoubleKing
TripleDoubleKing's picture
I DON'T LIKE

Vonleh, he hasn't shown much of anything besides good measurables. Aaron Gordon I feel is going to be a 2 year player. Kyle Anderson no way in hell he will be a top 10 pick or James Michael Mc.. Way too much inconsistency in both of their games.

laxmison
I like Kyle Anderson's game

I like Kyle Anderson's game smooth/good handle/ good mid range/ can rebound and pass the rock at 6'8, some kids just aren't ready their freshman year, He has a lot skill you can't deny that. I think MCadoo can get better, Roy develops big men really well. Zeller/Henson/Hansbourgh/May all got allot better.

bigmandinky
Does Mitch McGary remind

Does Mitch McGary remind anybody else of David Lee?

esperanzafleet69
esperanzafleet69's picture
no, david lee can shoot.

no, david lee can shoot.

bigmandinky
I meant in terms of motor,

I meant in terms of motor, body type, and passing ability.

RSS: Syndicate content