This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar FastAndFurious 12 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    jjonz
    Participant

Since school starts next week i thought i better get the rest of my positions here this week. ( sidebar 2 MVP’S my nephew & DRose)

Elites

1.Derrick Rose: you already know the game/stats that justified the hype but he has HOF talent. However there are areas to improve, Last year he Rose said he wanted to work on his post game to add to his improved jump shot. Recently he said he was working on conditioning for late playoff runs, because he got winded & was not in as great of shape for the playoffs as he would have like to be.

I think he should improve his shot selection, decision making & continue to work on his 3point & midrange game.

2. RWestbrook. He is clearly on the Verge of being a Top PG in the L. Great size, rebounds like a mini SF. Russel should improve his decision making, just know when to turn on the Killer Mode that he has & when to defer to equal or greater talent that surrounds him.  Leadership He is not a 2(more on that later) he is IMO a 1A. So when he learns to Lead the team with an inherent ability to know what his team needs at certain points he will excell & that comes with time/experience. Jumpshot is spotty at best this is one of the aspect that will hold him back from greatness unless he put’s in 3-6 months of consistent midrange & beyond shooting.

3. DWill. He has a burning desire to win, so he needs patience because the worst thing the BKN could do is settle for good talent to surround DWill. By that i mean giving KHumpries a big paycheck. Just play out 2011 (if their is a season) & the Summer of 2012 they will have $$$$ to get the Next Level talent to surround DWill

4. CP3. Just stay Healthy, as far as maximizing talent he may be the Best PG i’ve seen in a long time.  Can you name 1 star or great player he has played with. I hope i can see CP3 play with 1 elite player in his prime. Think about it Stockton had Malone/GP had Kemp/Nash had Amare/CP3 had DWest a 3rd option @best.

5.Rondo Needs Jumpshot,

Almost there

JWall. JumpShot & Health. I was ready for the Wall show last fall but it never happened until March. So a full consistent season & a steadt jumpshot. I think if has a full season on his belt he could knock someone off of the AllStar Ballot (Hello Mr.Rondo) There are 3 elite pg’s in the East Wall has the pot to make it 4 by next year.

Upside & Solid PG’s

Jrue has AllStar Pot, i don’t know if  last year was a down year #’s wise but he did’nt seem spectacular, just ordinary, which is not a bad thing if your team can make the playoffs. Still he has defensive chops and is a Solid 6’3. Needs: A breakout year, more consistent.

Step Curry. I know he had an ankle injury last year, but is there room for more growth or is this all there is to SCurry?

BJennings: I caught flack last year for saying this guy is overrated, i know all about the 55 point game but he has trouble finishing @ the rim, jumpshot & decision making is not next level & for a small pg he is a liability on D. I think he stays in this level of PG’s (Lindsey Hunter/TJ Ford/JNelson) Needs: Get Stronger

KLowry He is a bulldog of a PG. I think he could be solid contributor for the next 6-8 years. He may never be a Star but can be a Solid piece to have Once the Rockets trade for or draft their Star player. Needs jumpshot

thats all i got if you can think of any put them down. As always thank you for reading all comments are welcomed.

Thanks Gents, back to work now.

FastAndFurious
    Participant

I agree to a certain extent.

As far as Pure PG goes Chris Paul is easily the best PG in the game and its not close, when healthy.

But far as people that are listed at PG and play PG, I agree with your list, Rose and Westbrook’s physical tools are just tooo much for the other PGs to handle.

FastAndFurious
    Participant

I agree to a certain extent.

As far as Pure PG goes Chris Paul is easily the best PG in the game and its not close, when healthy.

But far as people that are listed at PG and play PG, I agree with your list, Rose and Westbrook’s physical tools are just tooo much for the other PGs to handle.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login