This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar konquered 12 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    dragons12
    Participant

It does not look good for the Johnnies this year. Just came back from midnight madness which ended at 9:40 and i must say it was pretty bad. The girls team looked much better than the mens team. The men first of all have 8 players as of now as most of you know and they didnt look to special. Yes, they are athletic but their skill didnt seem up to par. Hopefully its because they are all freshmen but man was it ugly. I think the walkons that were on the sideline might have put together a better team.It ended with vado performing so i guess that might be an omen for the season. On a good note ricardo gaethers was there and he looked like a monster. Hopefully he didnt get scared by the play of the team. They have upside but as of now 7th place in the big east would be an accomplishment

konquered
    Participant

7th place will be a miracle if it happens. A team with no upperclassmen leadership and extremely raw freshman. I dont even expect them to get on the bubble. A 8-10 season at around 12th place with an NIT berth has to be seen as a very successful season for them already. They have absolutely no depth at the PF/C position at all.

dragons12
    Participant

thats what im saying. its just terrible there second biggest man is our small foward who might be taller than our center. i said 7th just because they are so athletic and i think it can keep them in games. lindsey is going to have to carry this team on his back marshawn style if they want to have any success

providencefriars1
    Participant

You guys only have 7 guys right now and 6 are newcomers… 11th place at the highest

konquered
    Participant

lol look where athleticism got baylor last year. and Baylor actually had a pretty experienced crew coming back from the elite eight with monsters like quincy acy and perry jones who are way beyond any player st johns has right now, and guess what they didn’t even get into the NIT. The absolutely best case scenari for st john’s (which is like for the freshman to mature really quickly and play smart) will to be to sneak into the first four or get into the NIT. More likely than not, they’ll be left with no postseason.

konquered
    Participant

who do you actually think will st johns leap frogi nto 7th place even at best… Pitt, Syracuse, Uconn, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Marquette, Louisville are all easily 2 tiers above st johns already. Not to mention that georgetown, notre dame, villanova, seton hall and rutgers are more likely to finish above st johns

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login