This topic contains 19 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Memphis Madness 11 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    franfran
    Participant

MVP

1. Kevin Durant, 29,3 ppg 8,4 rpg 4,4 apg 1,4 spg 1,4 bpg Team 62-20

2. LeBron James, 28,1 ppg 7,8 rpg 7,1 apg 1,8 spg 0,8 bpg Team 64-18

3. Kobe Bryant, 27,5 ppg 5,4 rpg 4.8 apg 1,2 spg 0,3 spg Team 59-23

DPOY

1. LeBron James, 28,1 ppg 7,8rpg 7,1 apg 1,8 spg 0,8 bpg

2. Dwight Howard, 20,3 ppg 14,5 rpg 1,8 apg 1,4 spg 2,4 bpg

3. Avery Bradley, 13,1 ppg 3,2 rpg 2,3 apg 1,4 spg 0,5 bpg

ROY

1. Michael Kidd Gilchrist, 15 ppg 6,8 rpg 2,8 apg 1 spg 0,8 bpg Team 32-50 

2. Harrison Barnes, 18,1 ppg 6,1 rpg 1,4 apg 1,2 spg 0,4 bpg Team 48-34

3. Anthony Davis, 12,3 ppg 8,3 rpg 1,6 apg 1 spg 2,8 bpg Team 36-46

COY

1. Erik Spoelstra, Miami Heat 64-18

2. Mike Brown, Los Angeles Lakers 59-23

3. Mark Jackson, Golden State Warriors 48-34

6man

1. James Harden, 17,4 ppg 5,1 rpg 4 apg 1,2 spg 0,4 bpg

2. Ray Allen, 14,4 ppg 3,1 rpg 2,2 apg 1 spg 0,2 bpg

3. Jason Terry, 15,5 ppg 2,2 rpg 3,8 apg 1,2 spg 0,2 bpg

MIP

1. Michael Beasley, 20,1 ppg 9,1 ppg 2,1 apg 1,2 spg 1 bpg

2. Derrick Favors, 13,5 ppg 7,8 rpg 1,2 apg 0,9 spg 1,6 bpg

3. Avery Bradley 13,1 ppg 3,2 rpg 2,3 apg 1,4 spg 0,5 bpg

Tyrober
    Participant

Avery Bradley finishes 3rd in the DPOY while averaging 1.4 stealers and .5 blocks per game? He is a solid player but you might be a little too high on him. Other than that I really like almost everything else you have.

franfran
      Participant

no need to put large numbers to be a really good defender

Tyrober
        Participant

@franfran Where did I say he wouldn’t be a good defender? He is a great defender, but he isn’t going to finish 3rd in the DPOY race.

Zeke313
    Participant

No way in hell the Bobcats finish 32-50

Andrew1984
    Participant

MVP:
    1. LeBron James
    2. Kevin Durant
    3. Kevin Love
    4. Kyrie Irving

DPOY:
    1. Serge Ibaka
    2. Dwight Howard
    3. Anthony Davis

ROY:
    1. Damian Lillard
    2. Anthony Davis
    3. Tyler Zeller

COY:
    1. Scott Brooks
    2. Eric Spoelstra
    3. Rick Adelman

6th Man:
    1. Manu Ginobili
    2. Josh Selby
    3. (James Harden will end up starting for one reason or another)

MIP:
    1. Derrick Williams
    2. Tristan Thompson
    3. Jimmer Fredette

Andrew1984
      Participant

What is so unfathomable about these predictions?

TRC1991
    Participant

Boston has a lot of offensive players and too many for Bradley to average in double figures… also the DPOY rarely goes to a guard

akhan786
    Participant

Am I the only one who thinks Anthony Davis might get some looks for DPOY? I know it was in garbage time but he’s looked very impressive defensively in the limited action he’s gotten in the USA games.

Also fran fran…based on the numbers you’ve given for the ROY how does Barnes not win it? I think MKG will have a better rookie season (I think Anthony Davis and Lillard are in the lead for now however along with Valuncunias) but based on the numbers you gave Barnes would have had a better rookie year than MKG.

I don’t think Spo and Mike Brown will ever win a COY award…

And I agree the Bobcats will not finish with 32-50…not only do I think they aren’t capable of doing so…but if they do the coach needs to be fired because they shouldn’t be trying to win for at least one or two more seasons.

SubZero
      Participant

I thought the same thing about his ROY prediction. Barnes and Gilchrist have similar stats, but somehow Gilchrist gets it with his team winning 16 less games. It will almost always go to the player whose team won more games

Brew Meister Smith
    Participant

MVP – original post looks fine (order could change)

DPOY – I’ look at Chandler over Bradley

ROY – Everybody seems to forget about Valenciunas – has a very good chance – good call 786

COY – I see Doc Rivers in the mix for it again this year.

MIP – You never know here – If they don’t really count last season before the injury, Andrea Bargnani could very well be in the mix.  I don’t exactly know what makes you eligible for this, but had he stayed healthy he should have won it last year – The guy was pretty dominant for 24 games.

B-ball fan
    Participant

No way Bobcats win 32 or the Warriors win 48.  The Warriors are a lottery team.  I also doubt Barnes averages 18 ppg as a rookie.

Spoelstra won’t be voted coach of the year.  The Heat have nowhere to rise to and COYs typically are on team’s that exceed expectations based on their roster or past success.

I like your pick of Beasley as MIP.  Phoenix doesn’t have many great scorers and figures to struggle on offense without Nash.  Beasley will likely take a large role of their offense.  I agree that he will average 20+ ppg.

TripleDoubleScout
    Participant

And how about Brandon Roy for comeback player of the year

Hale
    Participant

I really like when you do these. It’s extremely hard to predict and you usually give pretty realistic #’s for your projections.

Brew Meister Smith
    Participant

Most Improved Record

1. New Jersey

2. Toronto

3. Minesota

Charlotte could win this and still finish 30th.  They were that horrible last year.

Out of the top tier teams I see the Lakers improving their record the most, followed by Miami. 

Off course they would have to go by % this time due to the short season.

Hitster
    Participant

For MIP – I’ll throw in Evan Turner, he only cracked the starting line up for Coach Collins last year and was still under 10ppg for the whole season. But with a bigger role this year I could maybe see him putting up 14-15ppg and 6-7rpg. 

jmarg25
    Participant

Marshon Brooks might have a shot at sixth man of the year.

Hitster
    Participant

With Jamison now at the Lakers, he could be a wildcard for 6th man of the year depending who starts out of him and MWP.

Hadzialijagic
    Participant

MVP
    1. Durant
    2. James
    3. Paul

Dplayer
    1. Howard
    2. Bradley
    3. Davis/James

ROY
    1. Kidd-Gilchrist
    2. Davis
    3. lillard

COY
    1. Avery Johnson
    2. Mike Woodson
    3. Lawrence Frank

MIP
    1. Roy
    2. Favors
    3. Williams

Memphis Madness
    Participant

My picks:

MVP: Kevin Durant (I don’t think LeBron gets 4 MVP’s in five years).

DPOY: LeBron James (Don’t see Tyson Chandler winning again and Dwight has too much bad p.r.)

COY: Rick Adelman

ROY: Anthony Davis

6th man: James Harden (I think he continues to come off the bench.)

MIP: Josh Selby (dark horse candidate)

Executive of the year: Darryl Morey

MVP: Looks like it will be between LeBron and Durant. KD will probably put up more points, and perhaps more rebounds too. If LBJ plays fewer minutes this year I think KD could get his first MVP trophy. I also don’t see LeBron ending up with 4 MVP awards in 5 years. Sometimes these guys like to give the award to someone else to mix things up. For third place I like Kevin Love. I also like Russell Westbrook and Rajon Rondo to be there somewhere. Or one of the Lakers like Kobe if they put up great stats next year on a very good Lakers team. Or, what about this? What if Steve Nash ups his assist totals and leads the league in that category. And, ups his scoring numbers some and shoots great from everywhere as the Lakers’ outside shooter. Then he puts more effort on defense and gets nice steals stats? If Nash can do this and then make his teammates’ play (and stats) better, then Steve Nash would be a dark horse MVP candidate.

The MIP is tough. Do you give it to a guy that really improves or just to a guy who gets more minutes? I think Selby could get more minutes but he is also better this year. If Mario Chalmers could put up 14.5 points to go along with around 6 assists I could see Chalmers getting the award. Especially if Wade and LeBron play fewer minutes.

We don’t have a Comeback Player of the Year Award anymore because it just used to guys who came back from drug suspensions. But, if we did Brandon Roy would be a nice pick. I could also see OJ Mayo getting a hypothetical CPOY. A third candidate would be Adam Morrison. A distant fourth to Greg Oden if he comes back.

6th man: Depends on if James Harden continues to come off the bench. If he still does, then this is his award to lose. Other guys to pick are Jason Terry (a perfect super sub for the Celtics) and a couple of guys for the Grizzlies (Bayless and Mo Speights) and quite possibly Josh Selby. Dion Waiters would be an outside the box pick here if the Cavs decide to use him as a sixth man off the bench.

I also wouldn’t mind seeing a Linsanity award to go to a guy who basically comes out of nowhere and lights up the NBA. That could be Josh Selby. Or if Jimmer catches fire this year.

I could see Anthony Davis making some noise. Looks like the favorite for ROY but could also get votes for DPOY. If he is classified as a center I could see him getting Defensive 2nd team. Or even All-NBA Third Team as the third best center in the league behind Howard and Bynum.

DPOY: LeBron because he is an all-around defensive beast. If he doesn’t get the MVP then I think he will be more likely to get the DPOY. Ibaka could get some votes, since I think he will block more shots than anyone. Davis is great too since I think he would give voters everything they want: shot blocking, steals, the ability to alter shots and control the paint while being the defensive anchor. He could also go out and guard some wings and close out on shooters. I think he could also help New Orleans’ all-around defensive effort. If they give the award to a classic ball hawk then I could see it going to Tony Allen, Iman Shumpert, or Avery Bradley with MKG being my dark horse pick.

I think if a rookie has a chance to make the all-star team this year it would be easier for an Eastern Conference guy to make it. Anthony Davis is good but the West is loaded with bigs. The Eastern conference is less deep. With D Rose probably out for the all-star game I could see Brad Beal or MKG getting some consideration for the all-star game especially if they put up great stats. Anthony Davis would have a better shot out West as a center if Duncan is on the ballot as a power forward, and if Rudy Gay or Z Bo gets in at forward, thus making coaches less likely to put Marc Gasol in at center.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login