This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar sa3234234 11 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Umesh Kumar M
    Participant

Nearly $130 million in payroll soon won’t buy the Lakers what they already have. This season, that amount will cover the 2012-13 payroll and associated luxury taxes for a roster dripping with superstars Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol. A year from now, it could pay for only a portion of that same roster and maybe a pair of Bryant’s high-end sneakers.

Keeping the core of the Lakers together could cost nearly $200 million. Thanks, new collective bargaining agreement. … Designed to expand the league’s middle class and reduce the number of bloated contracts, the luxury tax may force big spenders such as the Lakers to reconsider just how much they are willing to lavish on star players.

MOMING
    Participant

”We’ve probably only put in 35 or 40 percent of (the offense) we’re going to put in,” Brown said. ”It’s still going to take some time for these guys to understand.”

MOMING
    Participant

At the beginning of the second quarter, Drummond had his first blocked shot, elevating his entire upper body above the rim.345t34

MOMING
    Participant

“I’d definitely say blocking a shot because that turns into an extra possession for us,” Drummond said. “That’s when I get the dunks. Without the blocked shot, I get no dunk.”

Drummond finished with 12 points on 6-of-8 shooting, seven rebounds, two steals and two blocked shots in 22:37.

“He’s a finisher,” Frank said. “We have a guy who can dunk. That’s an added bonus. We’re able to throw it up and he can go get it.mfdh5rt

MOMING
    Participant

Frank would probably have been pleased to hear what Drummond said after the game.

“Tomorrow, I got to get better,” he said. “Today’s over.”

One solid preseason game does not make you an NBA All-Star, but this one offered a glimpse of what could be an important, impact player for the Pistons in the not-too-distant future.-=-0=

sa3234234
    Participant

“I’m still in Texas, so that’s cool,” Curry told HOOPSWORLD. “It’s a great organization and I’m extremely appreciative for this opportunity that Coach [Rick] Carlisle gave me, that Mark Cuban gave me, Donnie [Nelson] and everybody from top to bottom. It’s a great opportunity for me and I’m just extremely appreciative.”

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login