R-DOT-13 MOCK DRAFT #2 PLEASE READ AND COMMENT!!
trying to make the best mock possible... so would love some comments tfor your opinions on how i could make my mock better so everyone likes it.
also including other possible choices at the pick..
no trades for now.. but im up for trade talk.
1) Los Angeles Clippers- Blake Griffin: Almost positive he will go #1, may be the right decision, may not be, but we'll keep him there for now.
Other possibilities: Ricky Rubio
2) Memphis Grizzlies- Ricky Rubio: For now, it seems to be the pick that will be made, there may be some trade possibilities, Maybe Kings/Wizards.
Other possibilties: Jordan Hill, Hasheem Thabeet
3) Oklahoma City Thunder- James Harden: The Thunder is big on Harden and can come in ang be good right at the start of the season and be a 2/3 option. Along with Durant, Westbrook, Green, they could get a big later in the round(possibly mullens if around) and be ready to contend next year. Maybe look for them to trade into the mid first round.
Other Possibilities: Hasheem Thabeet
4) Sacramento Kings- Hasheem Thabeet: Too big a prospect to drop any farther... Possible trades here, to move up for Rubio.. move Hawes to the 4 and hope to pick Patty Mills/Ty Lawson with the late pick.
Other Possibilites: Brandon Jennings, Jrue Holiday
5) Washington Wizards- Brandon Jennings: Toss up between Jrue and Brandon.. but brandon gets the nod for now.. good pg, good scoring/passing ability, athleticism. Needs improved jumper(which i dont think is too bad at the moment, but can improve) Can be best pg/player from the draft if reaches full ability.
Other Possibilities: Jrue Holiday, Demar Derozan, Jonny Flynn
6) Minnesota T'Wolves- Jrue Holiday: Jrue is shooting up the draft boards.. Wolves are happy to take Jrue here.. can come in and be a great pg if he reaches full potential, great upside.. good size/athleticism. Look for him to be good in a couple years..
Other Possibilites: Jonny Flynn, Jordan Hill
7) Golden St. Warriors- Jonny Flynn: fast, athletic, all helps in the warriors system, can be the missing piece of a team with great talent, team needs a pg, can be very good here. Flynn is shooting up the draft boards.
Other Possibilites: Stephen Curry, Demar Derozan
8) New York Knicks- Stephen Curry: Not a 100% pick.. Hill and Derozan still on teh board could make this interesting, but the knicks like curry so he stays here for now.. 5th pg taken in top 10.
Other Possibilites: Demar Derozan, Jordan Hill
9) Toronto Raptors- Jordan Hill: Dont need a pf now.. but will when bosh is gone, jordan is very much like bosh and can be like him when he leaves.. maybe trade up in the draft to grad harden.. or trade down for evans or budinger.. derozan on the board is possible, but they must grab hill if he slips this far.
Other Possibilites: Demar Derozan, Tyreke Evans, Gerald Henderson, Earl Clark, Chase Budinger
10) Milwaukee Bucks- Demar Derozan: Redds injury problems hurt, but they can bring deroxan to fill in his spot while hes gone.. and then grow into a fantastic player in time and take over when redd's gone.. bucks are lucky he slips this far.
Other Possibilities: Eric Maynor, Tyreke Evans, Gerald Henderson
11) New Jersey Nets- James Johnson: Can come in and be good at the 3 and the 4 for the nets.. earl is another option, but james playes a better 4, which is what the nets need.
Other Possibilites: Dejuan Blair, Earl Clark
12) Charlotte Bobcats- Dejuan Blair: People think hes too short, but his massive wingspan makes up for it.. tough player.. good rebounder, can play the 4 while okafor is at the 5.. good pick here.
Other Possibilities: Earl Clark, Gerald Henderson
13) Indiana Pacers- Gerald Henderson: Jack isnt really a 2.. Gerald brings good athleticism to the 2, with a decent/improving jumper, can play a good sg role for the pacers.
Other Possibilities: Tyreke Evans, Eric Maynor
14) Phoenix Suns- Eric Maynor: Very NBA ready player, Nash is aging so can be good off the bench for a season or 2, then fill his role and take over the team, very good pg, can become a great player on a good team.
Other Possibilites: Tyreke Evans,
15) Detroit Pistons- Earl Clark: Pistons need to rebuild, and clark is a good, big player that can be good for years in detroit, him or tyreke are good picks.
Other Possibilities: Tyreke Evans, Chase Budinger, Gani Lawal
16) Chicago Bulls- Chase Budinger: Chicago is filled with good players, contenders next year for sure.. Chase can score, and is very athletic, good jump shooter But still good pick here for bulls.
Other Possibilities: Tyreke Evans, Wayne Ellington, Gani Lawal
17) Philadelphia 76ers- Tyreke Evans: Can learn pg skills from Miller, and take over the spot when he's gone, but until then, can play the 2 for the sixers. if he can learn the pg position, expect a very good player.G ood scorer, needs better jumper.
Other Possibilites: Jeff Teague, Ty Lawson
18) Minnesota T'Wolves- Austin Daye: Good, tall player with a great skill set.. Needs to get bigger and tougher. Come off the bench for a season, then take over the starting role after getting better and bigger. I expect him to be a great player.
Other Possibilities: Jeff Teague, Ty Lawson, Gani Lawal
19) Atlanta Hawks- Jeff Teague: The Hawks are in need of a pg, and Teague is a very good talent. Athletic, good scorer, and can shine as a pg inm atlanta with the talent surrounding him .
Other Possibilities: Ty Lawson, Patty Mills, Omri Casspi, BJ Mullens
20) Utah Jazz- Wayne Ellington: With need at sg more than anything else, Ellington is a great shooter with championship experience.
Other Possibilities: BJ Mullens, Terrence Williams
21) New Orleans Hornets: Terrence Williams: SG is their weakest point, and T-Will is a good 2 and can really help out the Hornets.
Other Possibilities: Omri Casspi, Ty Lawson, Dionte Christmas, Marcus Thornton
22) Dallas Mavericks- Ty Lawson: Kidd is gone soon, Ty Lawson is a good pg, with championship experience and is a great leader.
Other Possibilities: BJ Mullens, Patty Mills, Rodrique Beaubois, Darren Collison
23) Sacramento Kings- Patty Mills: After picking Thabeet early, they got what they wanted, they picked up Mills in the late 1st round. He is a good pg, and can come in and be very good for the kings early.
Other Possibilities: Rodrique Beaubois, Darren Collison, Curtis Jerrells
24) Portland Trail Blazers- Darren Collison: In need of a pg, his or beaubois are the picks here. Collison is extremely fast, and a great defender. Will fight will Bayless for the starting role next year.
Other Possiblities: Rodrique Beaubois, Curtis Jerrells
25) Oklahoma City Thunder- BJ Mullens: After going with harden earlier, they are in need of a C. Mullens has loads of potential, and is one of the most athletic bigs that'll come by..
Other Possibilities: Gani Lawal
26) Chicago Bulls- Gani Lawal: Can come in off the bench for the bulls, and possibly take on the starting role if something happens to tyrus or noah, has loads of potential, steal this late in the round.
Other Possibilities: Derrick Brown, Dejuan Summers, Omri Casspi
27) Memphis Grizzlies- Taj Gibson: They miss out on Lawal that could have helped.. But they take a good PF in Gibson who can play some good minutes for them.
Other Possibilites: Dejuan Summers, Sam Young, Omri Casspi, Derrick Brown
28) Minnesota T'Wolves- Curtis Jerrells: They already took a pg in Holiday, but Jerrells is a good, NBA ready pg that can back him up and possibly fight with him to take over the starting role.
Other Possibilities: Rodrique Beaubois, Dejuan Summers, Marcus Thornton, Sam Young
29) Los Angeles Lakers- Rodrique Beaubois: The surprise of the night, Fisher is almost done, and im not sure what to think about Farmar, Beaubois is a fast, athletic pg with INCREDIBLE length and a good smoother stroke on his jumper. Not many people will block his shot, good passer. Has the tools to be a great pg playing with Kobe and Pau. Rajon Rondo 2.0 (better jumpshot)
Other Possibilities: See below
30) Cleveland Cavaliers- Dejuan Summers: Seriously, you can pick any of Summers, Casspi, Young, Brown, Thornton, Christmas here. They can all help out this team that will hope to win a championship before Lebron leaves.
Other Possibilities: See above.
Tell me what you think, i think its not too bad of a draft if players are drafted to the right teams
not bad. but i don't think james johnson would go ahead of earl clark.
Yer its alright but everyone is putting suns with a pg, suns have spoken out about how much they love James Johnson. they have nobody at that spot beside hill who is old and barns who's contract is up. and i agree with blair to bobcats they need another big body in there with okafor. other then that is awesome !
if they do like james johnson, i have him going before they have a chance anyways.. trade up for him possibly ?
i knw i sound crazy && possibly stupid, but earl clark is the next lebron james ..
i dont know about the next lebron..
but i think he'll be a good player
I think he will NOT drop out of the Lottery for SURE!!!
He is loaded with talent, and potential... no team after the 10th pick would be reluctant to select him...
He is a very athletic player, and with the SF as his natural position, he will create MANY mismatches for all teams... Hence giving his team a great advantage in all situations
blair would be a great pick for the bobcats but that would give them possibly the smallest frontline in the league (blair 6'7 okafor 6'10) that is most teams SF/PF height combos, not the PF/C combo
Hill will NOT slip down to 9, mark my words. Too big a talent. I really don't see him going after Holiday AND Johnny Flynn AND Steph Curry, especially in this draft with the lack of big men. Johnson won't go before Blair (don't forget Johnson is 2 years older than Blair), and certainly not Clark, who's definitely more ready for the NBA AND has more potential. Evans after Budinger? That's crazy! THey play the same positions... kinda. Evans has much more potential and is more ready to play defense and be a playmaker. Budinger is.... just a nice, but inconsistent shooter at this point in his career.
Overall, some questionable choices in my mind.
Clark and Johnson- I really did this draft mainly on team needs, and with NJ need of a pf, i believe that Johnso plays a better 4 than clark. although clark is a great player, i think johnson goes first.. but who knows.
Blair- He is a possibility for NJ with their need of a pf. If he goes to charlotte he may be part of the smallest front court, but his 7'2 wingspan makes up for it, he has a higher reach than most players in the draft.
Hill- Again, i did this on team needs.. Unless he goes 2nd to the Grizzlies, theres not really any team in need of a pf,i think pg is the most needed position which allows holiday, flynn, and curry to be taken ahead of him.
Keep commenting, i need more ideas for my next mock!
another pf? well, they have sean williams, yi jianlian and ryan anderson. they need a 3. ;) none of their 3s are really good. najera, hayes and simmons are more suited playing off the bench. i like the james johnson pick to the nets but i don't think he'd be picked ahead of earl clark.
williams, yi, and anderson arent incredibly strong, and when you bring in johnson, he can come in and play the 3 AND the 4 for the nets.
i like the mock except picks 28 and 29
I dont think either of them get drafted round 1.....
check my mock out
alright, thats fair enough. i also think they are stretches for the first round, but i believe that LA is going to be in need of someone to run their team, Minnesota, if they take Jrue, im not sure a pg is really what they need, but who knows is Jrues gonna work out. So maybe another big ?
by someone running the team for LA i meant a pg
sean williams is actually strong and he's like a pf/c but they don't give him much playing time though. anderson and yi are like 3/4, tall guys who have range. with a beast in brook lopez, i think they need a player with range to compliment him. not another player down low. but yeah, a banger off the bench won't hurt. but i like james johnson as a 3 and not a 4. ;) oh, and i'm not saying it's a bad pick, i like that pick. it's just that they need johnson as a 3 and not a 4.
alright alright fair enough.
i'll take that in to concideration for my next mock