This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar knicksfan7 12 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    knicksfan7
    Participant

I am bored, and want to stir up some debate.

America East- Boston U. They lose their best player in John Holland, but return everyone else. They are the front runner for sure. Especially with Vermont losing there head coach in the offseason.

ACC- UNC. Probable Pre-Season #1 as well as my pick to win the ACC.

Atlantic Ten- Xavier. Not a hard pick either because they return Tu Holloway and Kenny Frease, and have a nice recruiting class coming in. Also, Chris Mack is a great coach, so Xavier fans have nothing to worry about.

Atlantic Sun- Belmont. They went 19-1 in the A-Sun and only lose 2 seniors neither were in the top three in scoring. Anything less than #1 would be a dissappointment.

Big 12- In terms of talent I want to take Missouri, but the coaching change has me thinking otherwise. Also, Kansas has dominated the Big 12, but they are weaker than usual. Though I believe that IF Tyshawn Taylor wakes up he will lead Kansas to another Big 12 title. As for my pick I am going with Missouri, but not too high on them. A very wideopen conference.

Big East- Pittsburgh. Year in and Year out they are consistent, and Jamie Dixon always has Pitt prepared for the grueling Big East schedule.

Big Sky- Weber State. They have Damian Lillard coming back from injury, and he can take over any game in that conference, and he will be hungry trying to add to his legacy with that NCAA tournament.

Big South- Liberty. Easy pick they return everyone, and finished 2nd this past year in the Big South, so no reason to think they are not the frontrunner.

Big Ten (with 12 teams)- Ohio State. Too talented, and returning Jared Sullinger will keep them at the top.

Big West- Long Beach State. They should have won it last year, but returning 4 of their 5 top scorers I expect them to win the regular season, and hopefully the conference tournament.

CAA- George Mason. They lost there head coach, there top scorer graduated, 3rd leading scorer transferred, and lost another player to graduation. Though they just recently landed a top 60 recruit, and have loads of talent. It is there conference to win.

C-USA- Memphis. They return mostly everyone and bring in top 10 recruit Adonis Thomas who will put Memphis over the top in C-USA. I expect big things from Memphis next season.

Horizon- Butler. Every year Stevens has been the coach Butler has had not finished below 1st. I know they lose a lot, but you cannot doubt Stevens as a coach. Enough said.

Ivy- Harvard. Amaker stayed, and they return everyone. No one else is 4 games near Harvard.

MAAC- Fairfield. New Coach, but they return everyone and add Rakim Sanders (former BC player) to the picture. I expect only Iona to compete with them, but I expect Fairfield to prevail.

MAC- Kent State. I know they lost there coach, but they only lost 1 senior, and still have MAC POY Justin Greene. I think this is the year Kent State MAKES it to the NCAAs as well.

MEAC- Morgan State. After a disappointing season last year I expect the Bears to be back returning their top 5 scorers next season.

MVC- Wichita State. After winning the NIT this year I expect them to be extra motivated this season to make the NCAAs, and in order to that they will have to win the MVC. I could actually see them being a top 25 team next year.

MWC- UNLV. The MWC is going to be wide open, but of the best teams they lose the least. Though, both Fisher and Rose are great coaches where they will make sure there teams are capable of winning the MWC.

NEC- Quinnipiac. I think Coach Moore finally gets his team over the hump. My sleeper though Wagner.

OVC- Murray State. They lose 2 of there 3 top scorers as well head coach, but I believe they have enough talent to win the OVC.

PAC-12- Arizona. I think the PAC-12 could be wide open, but Arizona to me is the front runner. Washington would be my 2nd choice.

Patriot- Bucknell. They return a good amount of their core, no reason they don’t repeat in the Patriot League.

SEC- Kentucky. Best team after UNC, no reason they don’t win the SEC regular season.

Southern- Western Carolina. They return 2 of there top 4 scorers, and with Charleston, Wofford, and Furman losing a lot I think they have a great opportunity to win the SoCon.

Southland- A lot of teams are losing talent, so I am going to go with Coaching. I am taking Lamar under Pat Knight. They only lose 2 seniors, and he is going to prove to everyone that he is a good coach and lead Lamar to a regular season title in the Southland.

SWAC- Mississippi Valley State. Returning 2 of there 3 top scorers and with other SWAC teams above them losing a lot more talent this should be the year of the Delta Devils.

Summit- I am sticking with Oakland. I know they lose Benson, and some other players, but Gregg Kampe is a top coach who will have his team ready.

Sun Belt- FAU. In revenge of last year’s demise in the Sun Belt Tournament FAU will redeem it self.

WCC- Gonzaga. They return everyone except Gray, but I believe they are more talented than St. Mary’s top to bottom.

WAC- Utah State. Stew Morrill will have his team prepared the rest of the WAC is down, so I expect Utah State to win again.

I am excited for everyone’s feedback thanks.

Cheesus
    Participant

Wow, you know your college basketball.  You even mentioned Weber State (I just graduated there) and Damian Lillard.  Too bad he broke his foot last year becasue he may have been in the draft if he hadn’t.   

knicksfan7
    Participant

Thanks I appreciate it.

Northern Colorado lost there top scorer as well as some key role players, but Weber State still has most of there players from last year, and with Lillard coming back it’s NCAAs or bust.

iminipanda
    Participant

Dont sleep on California. Returning everyone except one guy and surpassed expectation last season.

knicksfan7
    Participant

I will keep California in mind, but I think Washington and Arizona have more firepower than Cal, but returning everyone will help a lot.

llperez

I doubt Arizona wins the PAC 12. Dwill was everything for that team. They have depth and plenty of solid role players but not one guy I think will make all conference 1st or 2nd team unless the freshman sg coming in turns out to be an immediate stud. I see ucla and Washington battling it out.

For ucla Josh smith could be the conference playe of the year and putting reeves Nelson who was all conference 1st team and the wear twins along side him give ucla size that I doubt too many teams in America can match. The perimeter is weak but they willmstart 2 seniors in the backcourt which will add leadership.

As for Washington, Abdul gaudy, Terence Ross, cj Wilcox and Aziz ndye are capable of being total studs if things come together for them in which case they would be the favorites.

Cal is another team to watch out for with Jorge guttierez another candidate for poy as well as the returning freshman of the year at sg they have a great perimeter.

I was hoping next season would be the year for the PAC to rebound in a big way but with all the underclassmen leaving early for the NBA like dwill, klay Thompson, Tyler Honeycutt, Malcolm lee, Alec burks, nikola vucevic, Isaiah Thomas, Jeremy green.

knicksfan7
    Participant

llperez the PAC10, now 12 expert. I think Sean Miller is a stud coach where you simply can’t doubt that team. Great coaches will always field a solid team no matter what talent leaves the program, and Miller is one of those guys.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Good sh*t man! We are always favored for the C-USA, but I think Baylor will come out the Big 12 this year.

aarondsonixfan
    Participant

WCC wise, I think that you are totally right with Gonzaga. This team has everyone back, and a decent recruiting class that includes incoming freshman stud Gary Bell. Watch out for him as he can easily average 20 a game for them. They play more of a team game, so i don’t know if he actually will average 20, but this guy can shoot anywhere on the court and is really good at finishing through contact.

JNixon
    Participant

I like Detroit in the Horizon League over Butler. I think this is Detroit’s year. They have the look of a tourny team in that League. Butler loses just too much for me.

Don’t sleep on Texas A&M in the Big 12. Khris Middleton is the best player returning to the league, and he has the talent to be a very good NBA player down the line too. If someone can’t unthrone KU this year, it’s never gonna happen. I believe that.

I like UCLA in the Pac-12. They have shaky talent on the perimeter, but they’re frontcourt is amazing now with the Wear twins in the fold. Josh Smith is heavy and not able to play true extended minutes down low, so the fact that they will be able to be 4 deep with Nelson and the twins will help keep Smith’s minutes reasonable. And he should emerge into a good offensive player next year.

Can agree with everything else though.

knicksfan7
    Participant

Detroit is a very good team, but I think Khyle Marshall will step up big time, and someone will step up for Shelvin Mack. The Horizon loses talent as well Vaughn Duggins (wright state), Norris Cole (Cleveland State) two that come to mind. Though like what you said about KU if no one can dethrone Butler this year it will never happen.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login