This topic contains 10 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar mamadou 11 years, 12 months ago.

• Author
    SunsFan89
    Participant

Which prospect do you think would be a good fit for the Suns?

Of course Steve Nash is a free agent he may or may not be back with the Suns.

I have a question do you think Jeremy Lamb has the potential to be a star in the NBA? What do you think about Jeremy Lamb? Could he be around when the Suns make their pick? Im a Suns Fan im just curious.

Out of Jeremy Lamb, Austin Rivers, Perry Jones III. How would you rank these prospects 1-3?

RICO 1981
    Participant

I like Jeremy lamb as a player, and think he could be a good pro. I believe his high side is like a Danny granger type player good at everything not great. He could get into 1 or 2 allstar games. If the suns are picking in the spot of the mock draft then I don’t think he will he around. If you are ranking them by upside he is 2nd after Perry jones, but if its as player’s right now today I would put him first.

Dgtool2
    Participant

I’m not sure Lamb will be available if the Suns stay at the 13th spot. Maybe Rivers could be a good fit. They are in need of guard play. Nash, Shannon Brown, Grant Hill, Ronnie Price, Sebastian Telfair, and Michael Reed will be off the books next year.

TheBigEasy
    Participant

Tough question, since both Lamb as Jones will be drafted based on potential. And I also still have question marks on Rivers.

If we take pure potential in account, then I think this would be my top 3:

1. Perry Jones

2. Austin Rivers

3. Jeremy Lamb

If Nash stays, then I think Lamb will be the best suited for the Suns. In my opinion the best shooter and with Nash his drive and quick style could be quite a lethal combination. Of course only when Lamb gets his head into it and isn´t doing his Houdini act.

Cynthia
    Participant

I don’t think Lamb will still be on the board for them. If they can resign some of their guards I don’t think Rivers will be necessary(but if not then then Rivers would be ideal at this point in the draft). Again considering they can resign most of their guards then I see their biggest hole at the 4, I currently have them picking Jared Sullinger, but I think Perry Jones could be a very likely and promising candidate for them as well.

It really comes down to who they want to resign / who is willing to resign.

Tyrober
    Participant

If Nash leaves this summer then they need to sell tickets. If Rivers is there then they need to snatch him up

JoeWolf1

I think their board should be…

1. Jeremy Lamb

2. Damian Lillard

3. Austin Rivers

Pheonix has enough big men to make the transition past Steve Nash, but their back court really needs help if Nash does leave.  Shannon Brown, Telfair and Ronnie Price?  Yikes.

Their bigs aren’t the weakest part of their team, but without Nash their guards….A Brown/ Dudley or a Telfair/Brown or a Telfair/Dudley backcourt would be among the very worst in the league.

Ignore drafting a high upside SF/PF and focus on getting some help at gaurd.

Platypus
    Participant

the team has so many needs so in my opinion they need to take the best player available

benny15
    Participant

in the mock draft i have, Lamb, JonesIII and Rivers are all gone by the time Phoenix picks. i actually have the phoenix suns reaching and taking Tony Wroten at 13. think he’ll do well in individual work-outs the way Tyreke and Stuckey did leading up to the draft. his age and current physique gives him good upside. are the safer picks to be had at the 13 spot, definitely. but the suns right now dont need a safe pick. they need one who can give them a chance to develop into something special and look forward to in the future. he could easily turn out to be the next Javaris Crittenton as much as he can be an Iman Shumpert or Tyreke Evans. But the chance to be something special since he has the tools to be some would be worth the gamble in the late lotto for me.

Chilbert arenas
    Participant

I’d put Rivers ahead of Lillard at this point. Without Nash they’re going to have to get fans in the seats somehow and Rivers is the biggest star power of any player they’re going to be able get around 13.  The problem is I doubt he’s still around at that point.  As a suns fan I’d be devistated if we took PJIII.  

mamadou
    Participant

Rebuilding mode…finally(what a shame), we need legit players at their positions, well rounded players.

IMO, no combo(guards or forwards) to start the process.

Give me Ross, bring back dragic(nasty 18-8,5-3,5-2 as a starter this season), and then there’s some talent in the free agency, that team badly lack individual talent.

Legs, length, shooting, athleticism.

What about brooks ?, redd ?, a nash sign and trade, buy an extra pick, one sided trade(expiring or not, kurt thomas rule…ibaka rule)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login