Official Transaction Thread
Instead of making a new thread every time a guy gets traded or new news surfaces, I'm just gonna post most of the stuff on this thread
Apparently Mike Bibby is a possibility for the Knicks.
I've also read on several different places that Dwight's Free Throw shot has a lot more arc and rotation.
Just so you know, I'm getting this from hoopshype, I'm not sure what to believe, but it's some interesting stuff.
man, I really thought Bibby would do a lot more with the Heat than he did. this was not just a case of him not fitting in the system, he wasnt shooting the ball very well......he has really lost a lot....I just dont see where he can truly help a team except for someone needing a moderate backup.
The Pistons today announced the signing of first-round pick Brandon Knight and second-round pick Vernon Macklin. The team also signed four free agents: center Jake Voskuhl, guard Kareem Rush, guard Walker Russell Jr. and forward Brian Hamilton.
From the Detroit Free Press
Kareem Rush is back? That means his music career is gonna be put on the back-burner :'-(
No more swishing jumpers on my door hoop after 30 seconds of magic......
Kings signed their rookie draft picks....Jimmer of course, but also Tyler Honeycutt and Isaiah Thomas. I like the look of the Kings this year. Also.....Thornton's contract is for 4 year/$33mil....not the previously reported 5 year/$40 mil
I keep hearing here in Chicago that the Bulls are going to try and get Rip, possibly at the veteran's minimum, since he was bought out today. I think this is a good veteran fit for Rose and company.
The Suns have been making some smart moves. Waived VC then resigned Grant Hill to a reasonable short term deal and signed Sebastien Telfair and Shannon Brown to be backups at PG and SG.
Honest question, who do you prefer man, Jamal Crawfor or rip Hamilton?
Fizer, they could realistically get both if Rip takes the veteran's minimum and Crawford realizes he isn't worth $11 million. But if I had to choose, I'd take Crawford by a slim margin.
This thread will be dead by tomorrow.
By the way, I prefer seeing a new thread when a trade or F/A signing is made. I don't want to have to read every post in this thread to figure out who was traded. I'd rather go to the main page and see the headline "Chandler to the Knicks" or "Battier on the Heat".
It's quick and easy.
I will just post all of the transactions that happened yesterday,
Friday, Dec. 9
• Hawks signed forward Vladimir Radmanovic.
• Hawks signed guard Tracy McGrady to a one-year contract.
• Celtics signed guard Marquis Daniels, forward Chris Wilcox and center Greg Stiemsma.
• Bulls signed forward Jimmy Butler.
• Bobcats re-signed guard Derrick Brown to a one-year contract.
• Cavaliers signed guard Kyrie Irving and forward Tristan Thompson and waived forward Joey Graham.
• Mavericks signed forward Brandan Wright.
• Warriors signed guard Charles Jenkins and waived guard Jeremy Lin.
• Clippers signed forward Caron Butler to a three-year contract.
• Lakers signed forward Jason Kapono amd guards Darius Morris and Andrew Goudelock.
• Heat agreed to terms with guard Mario Chalmers.
• Nets signed guard MarShon Brooks and forward Jordan Williams.
• Thunder agreed to terms with guard Daequan Cook on a two-year contract.
• Magic released guard Gilbert Arenas via amnesty provision and signed guards Larry Hughes, Gabe Pruitt and DeAndre Liggins and forward Justin Harper.
• Sixers agreed to terms with forward Thaddeus Young on a multi-year contract. Also signed forward-center Nikola Vucevic, centers Dwayne Jones and Mike Tisdale, guards Antonio Andersen and Xavier Salas and forward Lavoy Allen.
• Suns re-signed guard-forward Grant Hill to a one-year contract and signed guards Sebastian Telfair and Shannon Brown to one-year contracts. Waived guard Vince Carter.
• Trail Blazers signed center Greg Oden to a one-year contract.
• Kings signed guard Marcus Thornton and center Chuck Hayes to four-year contracts and guards Jimmer Fredette, Isaiah Thomas and forward Tyler Honeycutt to rookie contracts.
• Raptors signed center Jamaal Magloire.
• Jazz re-signed guard Earl Watson and signed center Enes Kanter and guard Alec Burks to deals.
Very helpful man! Will you keep us posted daily?
i will try...
It's been reported that Tony Battie will be re-signing with the Sixers.
Ive heard that Tyson Chandler is headed to the Knicks via sign and trade.
While i was typing this i got the story from espn..
I didn't see it but Thad re-signed for 5-42.
T-Mac is back on a roster! I'm a happy guy
List of transactions from Saturday.
Saturday, Dec. 10
• Golden State Warriors Signed forward Gary Flowers and forward Chris Wright.
• Indiana Pacers re-signed center Jeff Foster. Signed forward/center Jeff Pendergraph, forward/center Jarrid Famous, forward Tyren Johnson, forward Darnell Lazare and forward/center Matt Rogers.
• New York Knicks traded forward Ronny Turiaf, cash considerations and a 2013 second-round draft pick to Washington and guard Andy Rautins to Dallas, who sent center Tyson Chandler and the draft rights to Ahmad Nivins and Giorgos Printezis to New York and a 2012 second-round draft pick to Washington. Washington also sent a conditional future second-round draft pick to Dallas.
• New York Knicks waived guard Chauncey Billups.
• Sacramento Kings signed forward Lawrence Hill and guard Adrian Oliver.
• Toronto Raptors signed forward Rasual Butler.
List of transactions from Sunday.
Sunday, Dec 11
• Dallas Mavericks signed guard Drew Neitzel.
• Phoenix Suns signed forward Markieff Morris. Added guard Jeremy Hazell and guard Dwight Buycks to their training camp roster.
• Washington Wizards re-signed center Hamady Ndiaye.
• Toronto Raptors signed center Aaron Gray.
• Golden State Warriors waived guard Charlie Bell. Rescinded their qualifying offer to forward Reggie Williams. Signed center DeAndre Jordan to an offer sheet.
• Memphis Grizzlies signed guards Josh Selby and Jeremy Pargo.
• Oklahoma City Thunder signed guard Reggie Jackson.
• Charlotte Bobcats signed guard Kemba Walker.
• New York Knicks signed guards Mike Bibby, Iman Shumpert, forward Jared Jeffries and center Josh Harrellson.
• Portland Trail Blazers signed forward/center Kurt Thomas.
• Los Angeles Lakers traded forward Lamar Odom and second-round pick to the Dallas Mavericks for a first-round pick and $8.9 million trade exception.
Monday, Dec. 12
• Houston Rockets signed forward Marcus Morris. Claimed guard Jeremy Lin off waivers from Golden State. Added guard Ibrahim Jaaber to the training-camp roster.
• Memphis Grizzlies agreed to terms with center Marc Gasol.
• Philadelphia 76ers re-signed center Tony Battie.
• Los Angeles Clippers matched the Golden State offer for center DeAndre Jordan.
• Boston Celtics acquired forward Brandon Bass from Orlando for forward Glen Davis and guard Von Wafer. Signed forward JaJuan Johnson and guard E'Twaun Moore. Re-signed guard-forward Sasha Pavlovic.
• Chicago Bulls re-signed forward Brian Scalabrine.
• Cleveland Cavaliers re-signed guard Anthony Parker. Waived forward J.P. Prince.
• Dallas Mavericks re-signed forward Brian Cardinal. Signed forward Vince Carter.
• Detroit Pistons waived guard Richard Hamilton.
• Minnesota Timberwolves signed forward Derrick Williams.
• Toronto Raptors agreed to terms with guard Anthony Carter
Tuesday, Dec. 13
• Denver Nuggets re-signed forward Nene to a five-year contract. Acquired guard/forward Rudy Fernandez and forward Corey Brewer from the Dallas Mavericks for a future second-round draft pick.
• Golden State Warriors agreed to terms with center Kwame Brown on a one-year contract.
• Los Angeles Lakers signed guard Gerald Green and forward Malcolm Thomas.
• Milwaukee Bucks re-signed forward Luc Richard Mbah a Moute to a multiyear contract.
• Minnesota Timberwolves traded forward Lazar Hayward to the Oklahoma City Thunder for two conditional second-round draft picks and guard Robert Vaden.
• New Jersey Nets signed forward Shelden Williams.
• Phoenix Suns waived guard Zabian Dowdell. Signed guard Ronnie Price. Added forward Marcus Landry to the roster.
Bit disappointed the Cavaliers re-signed Parker; was hoping they'd give all the minutes to their young athletes in Eyenga, Harris and Gee so the tanking could continue for one more year.
This is the Dan Gilbert strategy...
Even so, it would have been nice to see Eyenga, Gee get some run all the same. Eyenga is athletic enough that he could still be a starting SG in the NBA if he develops properly.
Gilbert needs to tank hardcore though, because Irving and Thompson aren't going to cut it for the future.
Whether it's Gee, Parker, or Eyenga, they are going to lose, and lose badly. Hopefully they'll get another bad contract for a pick deal, and they'll be able to get a franchise type guy, but Irving and Thompson are good starts to franchise that desperatly needs somthing.
Baron Davis is headed to the big apple. I love the signing. Do the reasearch, Baron plays best when there are crowds there, he will excell with Melo and Amare. He'll get stats around 15 and 7, and Arenas might join him there. Gilbert Arenas, Baron Davis, and Mike Bibby? They're gonna party like it's 2007, lol. But really, it's 2012, not 2007, these are over the hill or almost over the hill PGs that may not be abl to gice you what you need, but still the Knicks need depth desperatly.
Plus Kenyon Martin's Chinese team is considering releasing him. the reason was sort of a BS reason, but the only thing stoping them is possible sanctions and forfeture imposed by league officials. Ah, I love Chinese rules and regulations.
If Martin does indeed comeback, Veteran teams would be interested in him, and most likely the Heat. I think these guys should honor their contracts the way they promised to do so.
Plus, Nick Young signs a 3.7 million dollar qualifying offer with the wiz. Looks like he waiting to cash in next year, lol.