This topic contains 247 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar rtbt 11 years, 12 months ago.

• Author
    JNixon
    Participant

I wanted to make one of these earlier but I got busy doing other things. Kinda thought it would be cool to make a post for everything that has to do with the tournament, AKA the most exciting part of the college basketball season. Any thoughts about what has already happened/is happening? BTW, glad KState pulled out the win! :). And I heard the refs in the Cuse v. UNCA game were terrible.

Hale
    Participant

UK dominating WKU early. Vandy holds off a late run from Harvard. Casper Ware sucked in the loss to New Mexico.

EDIT: WKU went a 7-2 run, so my first statement is false.

Future_Scout

ezeli looked like a prospect today… 

JNixon
    Participant

I think I had Vandy losing to Harvard. :(. They picked a good time to actually win a tournament game. Losers. But at the same time, Im glad Vandy is striding. They have had one of the most talented core group of players in the country for the past 2 years and they are finally playing like it to end the season out.

Hale
    Participant

I picked Harvard over Vandy too. Still pretty upset about the ‘Cuse refs as well, cost UNCA so bad.

Nbanflguy
    Participant

Casper Ware was a huge dissapointment. He is just a chucker, nothing more than that.

JNixon
    Participant

I never really liked Ware as a prospect. He’s been inefficient all year. He’s a scorer and he’s a good athlete, but I tend to think he’s a chucker and he can shoot a team out of games just as much as he can keep them in against quality teams.

BasterdInABasket
    Participant

Wisconsin looked great today. It was vs Montana but if theyre hitting their threes then theyre tough to beat (over 50% today). Jordan Taylor finally looking like the All American he was supposed to. Not sure how they handle Ezili next round though.

Jae Crowder with another great game.. 25 pts 16 reb 4 ast 4 stl 1 to.. Such a relentless player, he’ll be in the NBA next year.

Syracuse deserved to lose. Any UNCA fans on here?? Id like to know their thoughts on the game.

Looking forward to Witchita-VCU, ISU-Conn tonight and hopefully at least one upset, not even a 9 over an 8 yet!

JNixon
    Participant

WVU and Gonzaga up now! I picked WVU in this one, I dont know if the Zags have the workhorses to go to war with WVU who is one of the most physical teams in the nation. Whoever gets to 65 first will win though, Im thinking. WVU does go on long scoring droughts, especially when Kilicia (sp?) is out of the game.

JNixon
    Participant

Kevin Pangos is cookin early. He is a quick guard with a nice shot.

providencefriars1
    Participant

Im 0-1 in upsets so far with LBSU hopefully VCU can help the cause. That top right portion of the bracket is looking suspect right now with Cuse and Vandy fending off upsets and KSt didnt look that good against Southern Miss

JNixon
    Participant

Truck Bryant is TERRIBLE. He’s a combo guard who can’t shoot very well, takes bad shots, isn’t a good playmaker, and he isn’t an athlete either.

JNixon
    Participant

Not a single soul on WVU’s roster can create their own shot. They are going to lose this game.

Hale
    Participant

I picked so many upsets and I’ve been getting destroyed so far. I’m going to need a much better day 2.

ChrisCross
    Participant

Not a lot good games so far, or any buzzer beaters, hopefully this changes soon, best part of the tourney.

JNixon
    Participant

Yeah I picked too many upsets. Davidson over Louisville, Harvard over Vandy, WVU over Gonzaga. Its killed me so far.

JNixon
    Participant

Watching this WVU game is giving me a headache. They are a pathetic offensive team. Way to ruin my bracket, losers. Im glad I only had them winning 1 game

ChrisCross
    Participant

I was just about to post about my guy Terrence Jones, bringing the thunder, damn, he’s a nice prospect.

Future_Scout

terrence jones is a man possesed

edit: that dunk was in akol’s face 

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

How are your guys’ brackets doing?  I’m 8 of 8 right now, except Gonzaga is dominating WVU so far.

JNixon
    Participant

Shaka Smart is at it again…

Nbanflguy
    Participant

South Dakota State and Nate Wolters handling Baylor right now.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Who do you guys got in the Final 4?

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Yeah, I guess Nixon, Nbanfl, and I all chose Wichita and WVU.  Let’s hope for a comeback!

Nbanflguy
    Participant

I am 6/8. Not looking to great. I have Wichita state and WVU winning.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

I’ve got Ohio St., UNC, Kentucky, and get this….. Florida!

Future_Scout

same as you TOL23

let’s gooooooo baylor

JNixon
    Participant

Kentucky is possibly the most athletic team I’ve seen in college ball.

JNixon
    Participant

Im 6/8 right now, but that will definitely get worse by the end of the night cause of Wichita and WVU

JNixon
    Participant

I got UNC, Kentucky, Michigan State, and Ohio State

Nbanflguy
    Participant

Tomorrow will either make or break me. I have alot of upsets predicted

jeff416
    Participant

Kentucky, Memphis, Ohio State, and UNC, with UNC winning it all.

Nbanflguy
    Participant

I got UNC, Kentucky, Missouri, and Ohio State.

Nbanflguy
    Participant

This has not been the best start to the ncaa tourney. No upsets, no buzzer beaters and really only a few close games. I guess it can only get better from here!

BasterdInABasket
    Participant

8/8 I luckily went conservative for this first day, got a few upsets tommorow. Final Four I got UK over Mizzou, KU over Vandy, Kentucky over Kansas.

Hale
    Participant

UK, UNC, FSU and Mizzou is my Final 4. I’m 5/8 but looking like I’ll pick up a game with VCU (hopefully), but damn WVU is killing me.

Future_Scout

baylor’s jones with a nice half……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

anthony jones that is………………….

jk, he had no basket but he’s rebounding pretty good, and displayed nice handles when he pushed the break on that 1 play, even though he got called for the charge. pierre jackson going at it, he gonna make a name for himself in the tourney like i said

JNixon
    Participant

I swear I think Anthony Jones is the biggest sleeper prospect out there. He’s a 6’11 SF with a good 3-point shot and nice athleticism and impressive length. He’s just not aggressive and he’s skinny. He’s an oversized SF with intriguing skills. He lost his spot to Quincy Miller as a Sr. this year, and he’s underachieved for someone with his tools because of fluctuating intensity throughout his career, so he has questions. But he’s real intriguing.

JNixon
    Participant

Here comes Wichita State!!

Nbanflguy
    Participant

Lets go Wichita state!

Hale
    Participant

Oh fuck

Future_Scout

that lil white-boy heslip… everytime he puts it up i get a feeling is going in… tops in 3 pt shooting in the country

llperez

wow, tall center for wichcita state (stutz i think) just blew an uncontested layup that would have put them up 1 with 45 seconds left. That was HUGE

JNixon
    Participant

Stutz outta be shamed….

This is a great game now, this is the classes ChrisCross said he wanted to see!

providencefriars1
    Participant

I almost had a heartattack when Stutz shot that layup and when Daniels hit that three. Nice win for the rams

Future_Scout

DAMNNNN can they run a pick and roll/pop with jones and pierre, shiii get him the ball already

JNixon
    Participant

FOCK.

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

Stutz had to make that layup

providencefriars1
    Participant

Royce White! way to start the game

Dale Worthington
    Participant

Really going out on a limb there, JNixon! Three 1s and Ohio State (the best team in their region).

Finally a 12 over a 5. BOUT TIME!

Dale Worthington
    Participant

I have Florida in the Elite 8, TOL.

People picking Mizzou to go to the Elite 8 or Final 4…not gonna happen, babes!

How many teams with no size and no depth do anything in the Tourney?

Dale Worthington
    Participant

btw I ain’t got no love for the people who had Syracuse advancing to the Final Four then switched it up once Fabricio Melo went down.

Let’s keep it real and have The Ohio State going to the Final Four since Day 0 baby.

Game manager and elite defender A. Craft at the point.

Athletes and shooters Bufie and D. Thomas on the wing.

Certified banger Sully in the post.

Ohio State will toss Cuse’s salad with/without Melo just like they did to Duke to the tune of 22.

Hale
    Participant

I had ‘Cuse in the Elite 8 then moved them down to losing to K-State once I heard Melo was out. 

Dale Worthington
    Participant

I like that Y2G.

Even with Melo, I didn’t like their post offense at all.

Future_Scout

fvck drummond just picked up his 2nd with 12 to play in the 1st 🙁

i wanna see UK vs UCONN

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

Excited for this New Mexico State Indiana game. Wendell McKines on NMS is a beast.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

"I have Florida in the Elite 8, TOL"

Atleast I don’t feel so odd for having them as my cinderella story and reaching the F4.

Future_Scout

they should have napier at sg and slide boatright to pt

Hale
    Participant

Iowa State is legit, U-Conn is going to have to earn this one. I’ve been looking forward to this game all day.

Future_Scout

they just did that ^

JNixon
    Participant

I got Mizzou in the Sweet 16. 

Iowa State is gettin UConn the hell outta the building right now. Christopherson’s shot is CASH

Hale
    Participant

Wow, hitting everything from deep. Royce White is a monster too.

NickWayne87
    Participant

for uconn……looks like i’m not gonna see if Drummond can put it together till he gets to the NBA

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

WTF ?? UConn down 22 points !!

Hale
    Participant

Drummond really effects Iowa State’s shots in the paint. It seems like he’s nearly blocking every shot near the rim. Too bad he picked up that 2nd foul and can’t get physical with Royce because of it.

llperez

i went with mizzou to win it all. If im wrong, it would be right on par with every other year.

Nbanflguy
    Participant

Tubby Smith should fly to the game, kidnap Royce White and bring him back to Minnesota.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Iowa St.’s lead is down to 10.  Atleast it’s managable now for UConn in the 2nd half.

Dale Worthington
    Participant

Carlon Brown has looked like James Harden ever since the beginning of the Pac-12 tourney.

Hale
    Participant

Drummond stop laying the ball in! Dunk the damn ball! Go up strong every possession and at worst you get fouled!

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Andre Drummond.  This is exactly how he’s played all year long.

JNixon
    Participant

Ryan Boatright is a wild, wild guard.

Hale
    Participant

It’s ridiculous. I go up stronger then him and I’m 5’9 170. If I were his height I’d try to dunk everything inside of 7 feet.

llperez

watching the pac 12’s last glimpse of hope colorado jump out on top of unlv by 10 a few minutes in.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

This is why I don’t see the whole "Dwight Howard" or "Amar’e Stoudemire" comparisons.  He plays very weak and doesn’t use his size or athleticism as an advantage.

If you don’t use your advantages against 6’8 and 6’9, 220lb centers, what makes me think you can do this against 6’11-7’1, 250-280lb men that get paid to play basketball?

JNixon
    Participant

UConn is too unorganized man. They don’t run the plays, and they are not defending with urgency.

Future_Scout

^

JNixon
    Participant

I like Fred Hoiberg as a coach. Iowa State plays with the kind of spacing an NBA team does, it makes them tough to defend especially with a matchup ploy like Royce White.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

"you know im a huge pac nut hugger"

You don’t say?… 

lmfao, kiddin bro

llperez

you know im a huge pac nut hugger, but i’ve never given colorado much respect. I thought they were the 5th best team in the pac this year and were extremely lucky to win the conference tourney. I have them losing to unlv in all the brackets i made this year. but they look really solid right now. The gaurds are quick and they defend well. ANd senior wing carlon brown is looking like he has it going which makes them extra dangerous since one of their weaknesses is lack of a go to scorer. But he had it going during the pac 12 tourney and is starting strong vs unlv.

Future_Scout

let’s gooooooooo uconn

white just scored in the post with drummond checking him 

llperez

i’ve never hid my bias

JNixon
    Participant

UConn sloooowwwlllyyyyy but surely getting this game real close.

FastAndFurious
    Participant

Boatright stepping up BIG for UCONN

FastAndFurious
    Participant

You were a huge Mizzou fan about a month ago, now your changing your tune on them?

Whats up wit that?

I told you they weren’t good enough or deep enough to go that far but you insisted that they would and now your switching it up? 

JNixon
    Participant

Colorado is beating Colorado good right now.

Andre Drummond is lazy. Or tired. He looked at his teammate save the ball and did not move and the ball went right by his nose. And then he never jumps for rebounds.

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

Really like this New Mexico State team, even though they are probably going to lose this game. Tough matchup in Indiana. If they were matched up with any other 4 seed I would have really liked there chances.

Dale Worthington
    Participant

Dave, I know. I’m not gonna front; I’ve had a change of heart with them.

Their heart and perimeter play are undeniable but that’s not going to be enough to make up for their lack of size and depth.

I’m still as high on OSU as ever though.

UNC is the favorite to win the tourney and I have UK and OSU right behind.

aamir543
    Participant

http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/en/group?groupID=37861&entryID=435640

Wow, 134 people and no one’s perfect, lol. I’m in one at school with 22 people in it, one guy has a perfect bracket, but he did make three of them, lol.

Not a bad start to the Tourney, very dissapointed of UConn, they had so much talent but just weren’t able to put it together. Give Iowa St. credit, they played their asses off, and they might not win against UK, but they’ll give them a run for their money.

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

What a comeback

Future_Scout

lets gooooooooooooooo unlv

llperez

unlv on a 21-4 run. they picked up the pace big time and colorado is struggling big time.

llperez

we’re seeing what i mentioned earlier with colorado not having a go to scorer being one of their biggest weaknesses. Askia booker and carlon brown have been quiet this second half and they dont know what to do on offense.

Future_Scout

that last corner 3 to make it a 2 pt game got me screaming …. awsome comeback, hopefully they pull it off

JNixon
    Participant

I sure wouldve loved it if UNLV wouldve made the comeback. I picked them to win -___-

Future_Scout

im liking cj leslie right now… this guy is an intriguing prospect…

R-Dot-13
    Participant

future dunk contest champ

Future_Scout

also lorenzo brown got handles… he’s a 6’5 sophomore averaging 13pts 6.4ast 4.3 rebs. why this guy not in mocks?

Mr. 19134
    Participant

Cincy is manhandling Texas there experience is really showing.

The game I’m most excited for today is Florida I got a feeling Brad Beal catches fire.

Future_Scout

lets gooooooo texas… 

Future_Scout

3 pt gameee…

JNixon
    Participant

Myck Kabongo is real raw, but he has alot of upside. He’s not dissimilar to a Rajon Rondo type guard. Long and quick with pure PG skills. Just needs strength, time, and a better jumper.

I like Dion Dixon for Cincy, he’s intriguing but he’s had a shaky Sr. season. 

Cincinatti has a very athletic team with alot of length.

WHY CANT THESE TEAMS HOLD ON TO LEADS!

Future_Scout

jnixon, any opinions on lorenzo brown?

JNixon
    Participant

He’s a good talent, he’s a combo guard with size and he’s a decent athlete too. I think he’s aggressive, especially as a slasher and he’s a good drive and kick player. He needs better decision making and he seems to be a shaky shooter who lacks confidence in his shot, but he does have potential and he’s interesting because of his natural talent and size

JNixon
    Participant

CJ Leslie is a nice athlete and mismatch at the PF spot. Not real skilled but he’s a mismatch still tho

Future_Scout

he did display some skills today tho… as well as some handles

R-Dot-13
    Participant

both playing right now…
    Andrew Nicholson, Doug Mcdermott
    thoughts?

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Another questionable non-call by the referees at the end of that Creighton – Alabama game.  Clearly a foul, I mean, I was able to see from T.V., how did the refs not see it when they were just a couple of feet away?

Should have been 3 free-throws and a W for Alabama.

providencefriars1
    Participant

TOL you cant call a foul on the last possession of a one point game when the player tries a step back NBA three, the refs will never call that.

R-Dot-13
    Participant

that was NOT a foul… good no call

Dale Worthington
    Participant

Florida got the most ungenerous seed of anyone (7) and FSU got the most generous seed of anyone (3).

Sure, the wins over Duke and UNC are kyute, but we’re still talking about a team that lost to Princeton AT HOME, lost to BC, got murdered by Clemson, lost to Harvard, and almost lost to Mangina Tech twice (Florida beat FSU by 18 and Mich. St. took a dump on FSU as well).

Their ENTIRE BODY OF WORK is very unimpressive.

FSU should have gotten a 6 and Florida should have gotten a 5.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

How was that not a foul?  He was clearly slapped on the arm…

Future_Scout

lets goooooooooooooo seminoles

edit: TIED GAMEEEEEEEE

i got them in the elite 8 over ohio

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

The Bonnies better not f up my bracket

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

Ian Miller baby!!!

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Oh wow!  He went for two twice!

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

Wow! Sweated that one out

delfam
    Participant

not really sure what to think after that play, but how is that guy in college when he can’t do simple math?

JunkYardDog
    Participant

Marshall is a very good point guard…. nothing spectacular but everything solid and a real quality pg work.

aamir543
    Participant

Tol, even though I had ‘Bama winning, that was not a foul, it was great defense, and a good no-call.

Nbanflguy
    Participant

I think I am done trusting Belmont.

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

I fell for picking the upset Belmont last year. Didn’t get tricked into that again though.

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

That was not a foul on O’Quinn. Jeez. This refs are gettting paid off again, just like in the Syracuse game.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Norfolk St might just pull up this upset

Dale Worthington
    Participant

KOQ FAH PRESIDENT!

Dale Worthington
    Participant

RUDEBOY’S girl is locked up in my basement as we speak. Haven’t fed her in hours.

LeroyJenkins
    Participant

This Lucky Charms green is uglier than Rudeboys girl.

Dale Worthington
    Participant

OH BABY OH BABY OH BABY OH BABY OH BABY OH BABY OH BABY OH BABY OH BABY OH BABY OH BABY OH BABY OH BABY OH BABY OH BABY OH BABY OH BABY OH BABY OH BABY OH BABY OH BABY OH BABY!

If a 2-seed were to go down it would be Missouri.

No size and no depth…that’s a death wish son.

Florida, here we go.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Huge shot to pull Mizzou within 1!

Dale Worthington
    Participant

You got that right, PN!

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

I knew Missouri was a fake team Dale Worthington said it right. No size. No depth.

Nbanflguy
    Participant

It dont always lose a final four pick in the 2nd round, but when I do, Its Missouri.

JNixon
    Participant

I hate Missouri.

McDunkin

Why did Miles just refuse to roll on a pick and roll twice? and then yelled at Dawkins for not knowing what he was doing

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

Will Barton starting to heat up

aamir543
    Participant

Wow, Norfolk St just played with all of our brackets. So pissed, I was watching the game, and my mom told me I had to go get my Passport renewed, and I had to come along. So we go, and then they tell us that due to the Kids being off today(furlough day, a day off so they don’t have to pay the teachers) they were really busy and closed early. We wasted another 15 minutes arguing, I was part laughing and part crying. I was laughing at the situation and how our system is broken, and crying because damn Missouri was losing. I really thought they had a legit shot to get somewhere. I should’ve had Murray St over them, at least I had them losing in the Elite 8, Dale’s looking pretty good right now, Florida looks legit, but I’m sticking with the Lobos for now. Stupid Belmont didn’t put up much of a fight. I have St Mary’s upseting Kansas in the second round, would be nice if Detroit got Kansas out of the way today. Detroit is a really good team that stumbled early, and has some NBA talent, they’re more like a 7 or 8 seed than a 15 seed, and UConn just wasn’t ewver able to put it together, very dissapointed in them.

Nbanflguy
    Participant

2 people on ESPN have a perfect bracket still. 2 out of like 6 million or something like that. Wow perfect brackets are hard!

Future_Scout

lol any1 had mizzou loosing?, dammitttt

R-Dot-13
    Participant

DJ Cooper can ball.

Future_Scout

im so mad to see will barton and trey burke under-perform

Mr. 19134
    Participant

C.J. McCollum is a beast!  I’ve been hearing about him for what feels like a few years now but this is the first time I’ve actually saw him play.  He’s a big time gamer.

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

God damn Memphis

Future_Scout

trey burke stepping up big time in the 2nd half… lets gooooooo michigan

and for real… god damn memphis

Future_Scout

bssss foul on plumlee… that was a charge, im surprised the refs aren’t helping duke at all

Future_Scout

plumlee can be a nice pick and roll player in the nba… he understands positioning and he’s explosive

Future_Scout

why the fvck are they isolating the white boy? wtfffffff… give the ball to hardaway who clearly is a good shooter off the dribble smfhhhh

Dale Worthington
    Participant

I had Xavier beating Puke in the round of 32.

They’ll have to deal with Lehigh now.

I said Duke would be in store for trouble. Seth Curry is a liability at the point. Can’t create for his teammates son.

R-Dot-13
    Participant

CJ AND DJ LEAD TEAMS TO UPSETS

Sasha4MVP
    Participant

Lehigh can’t possibly give this away…..can they?

Nvm Rivers missed one.

Future_Scout

michigan went down, mizzou, memphis, duke, and now st. marys making damn comeback on purdue! tsk tsk tsk

edit: FML!!!!! damn you purdue 

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

I just put my bracket in the shredder

Mr. 19134
    Participant

I guess the Philadelphia Eagles training camp isn’t the only reason anymore to know where Lehigh is.

Sasha4MVP
    Participant

Yeah everyone’s brackets are screwed but who cares I LOVE UPSETS!

Hale
    Participant

Well at least I don’t need to check my bracket to see how I’m doing anymore.

Future_Scout

sasha4mvp: i like upsets to certain extent… i like watching prospects do their thing in the tourney

Dale Worthington
    Participant

Not true at all, Sasha. A lot of people had Duke and Mizzou going down early.

I had both teams losing in the round of 32 (peep Mikey V’s pool on ESPN).

As matter of fact, Sasha, all three of my entries in a 163 person work pool are tied for 1st place. Why? Because you get rewarded for upsets. And I had Lehigh and Ohio winning.

Dale Worthington
    Participant

Also have Detroit over Kansas (even in the non-bonus pools).

Hale
    Participant

Dale I can’t help but respect you so much more now.

Dale Worthington
    Participant

Thanks dawg.

To be honest I would have never picked Lehigh and Ohio if it weren’t for the flawed bonus system.

Also, I did not call those upsets in The Don’s pool. Jut Detroit over Kansas (and who knows if that will even go down).

Future_Scout

kansas aint loosing to detroit buddy….. sorry!

T-rob is doing it big tonight

Dale Worthington
    Participant

Watch out for Mr. Holman, Future Scout. 6’10 260 lb. banger. 4-star recruit who transferred from Indiana after the Kelvin Sampson scandal.

WizardofOz
    Participant

So glad Duke lost!

Nbanflguy
    Participant

Everything I thought I knew about March just died today……

aamir543
    Participant

Well, I had Mizzou going to the Elite 8, but thank goodness I had Duke going down to Notre Dame.

But I had Belmont to the Sweet 16, and St.Mary’s to the Elite 8. That side of my bracket looks ugly, but I’m tied for second in the bracket with the guys at school, and tied for 5th in the one for the site.

The only reason I’m still alive is because I had hte upsets right, I had NC State, Ohio, and VCU.

I was watching the Lehigh-Duke game, McCollum can flat out ball, I think he’ll go late in the second round. I loved the way they defended the screens, they defended it beautifully, however Duke missed a lot of open cutters. Loved the way McKnight got into the lane, and Duke completely blew their full-court press by letting them get ahead. Lehigh will be dangerous for whoever gets them in the next round.

By the way, no more perfect brackets, there is only guy with one pick wrong.

And the crazy thing is that the number two seed we thought would be the most vulnerable, Kansas, hasn’t even played yet but we already have two 15 over 2 upsets. 

Liu Brooklyn had it at 4 against Michigan St, it’s an 8 point MSU lead now, but that’s a game to keep an eye on as well.

Future_Scout

sad to say that withey gets fed more than drummond smh

Future_Scout

you know, terrence ross is a very good shooter off the dribble, he just has trouble creating the space to shoot it, kinda like barnes

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Zero perfect brackets left on ESPN.com.  Closest to perfect got everything correct except Norfolk St over Mizzou

aamir543
    Participant

A little off-topic, but the Spurs are pounding the Thunder 63-39. Not watching the game, but the Spurs are showing that they can still pull of a Championship Run. It’s not really one guy, but DeJuan Blair is 8-10 from the field with 16 points. No Manu today for the Spurs. I really think they can pull off a run and run away with the number two seed out West, but so much competition. The Thunder are still the best in the West, but there are 5 teams that have a very good chance to run away with the two seed, and those teams are LAL, and LAC, Denver, the Grizz, and the Spurs. I didn’t even mention the Mavs, who can still win games by riding Dirk and still allow the least points per game out West, and the Rockets who made moves to make their roster slightly deeper at the deadline, or the T-Wolves, who are without their playmaker, but still have a guy that averages 26 and 14. The West is stacked.

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

aamir are you watching the Warriors game? If so how was the reception for ellis?

Future_Scout

i think notredame might be loosing this one 🙁

Nbanflguy
    Participant

I have come to the conclusion that 15 seeds are the new 12’s.

aamir543
    Participant

Sorry man, my TV is being invaded by Indian Soapoperas, I ‘m curious about Ellis’ reception as well.

Future_Scout

T. taylor is a hooper, the guy does it all.

aamir543
    Participant

Damn, the USF-Temple game is 19-15 after 1………………half. 

Future_Scout

having fun buckshot?

FastAndFurious
    Participant

Doug Anderson better get in the gym and work on his skills, if he does that he could get some NBA looks next year.

NBA Athlete.

Future_Scout

holloway stepping up BIGGG time for xavier

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

another gay lane violation call

Dale Worthington
    Participant

Tupac Holloway can create his own shot unlike anyone else at the collegiate level.

Future_Scout

for reaaaaallllllll "another gay lane violation call" smh… charles barkley was mad af too

on a side note: looking at other people’s brackets, a lot of you had memphis over michigan state, including myself

Future_Scout

strongly doubt kansas st beats syr. even without melo. idk why some of y’all think so…

aamir543
    Participant

^Even before Melo went down, I had ‘cuse going down to Vandy in the Sweet 16, I thought about changing it to them losing to K-State, but they are still a solid team, but without their premier shot blocker and the plug in the middle of their zone defense, they look very vulnerable.

My bracket is predicated on the Lobos upseting MSU, and making it to the Final Four. I had St. Mary’s to the Elite 8, that didn’t work out so well, but I’m still in the top 10 I believe in this site’s pool, and tied for second in the one with the guys from school(about 30 in that one).

Future_Scout

i had syr. loosing to vandy before melo went down as well 

Future_Scout

holy shii… any1 seen craft D’ on pangos/stockton O_O

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

Holy sh*t Ed Daniel!

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

How does Jae Crowder not have a player profile on here? He’s a beast.

aamir543
    Participant

Future Scout, yeah, Craft is one of the best defenders(On and off of the ball) I’ve seen in a long time. He’ll find a spot in the NBA, coaches always get defenders on the court.

delfam
    Participant

I don’t think these ref’s know what a block is, it’s charge, charge, charge. WTF!!!!!!

Future_Scout

Fast paced games lead to More charges. And The league is becoming More fast paced, so u gonna be seeing alot of those, and most times belIeve or not The refs get the right call. . In The marquette vs murray st (super fast paced) jae crowder got like 3 charges . The league is becoming more guard oriented, hense all the combo-forwards (jones,mitchell,T-rob, c.j leslie, mike moser etc etc). And oversized SFs, (bare with me here, durant-esque) like miller, randolph, Anthony jones to certain extent, whatever etc etc. More 6’6-ish SGs (lamb, Terrence ross[def sg capable], Evan turner, r. white (from iona), etc. DEFENETALY More combo-guards [SUPER STRONG PGs] (so many), wroten, lillard, westbrook, ROSE, ellis, jennings, SO MANY, matter fact one of the “most looked at skills” in a PG are “if he can push the tempo”. CENTERS, “one of the most looked at skill” is being able to “run the floor”, Joel Anthony, we seen lebron at C, j. Smith, al horford, tyller zeller, cody…ANTHONY DAVIS, drummond… alot more value for big guys with no post games… Face up PFs (don’t even get me started) NOWITSKI etc

Conclusion bigger player are turning more guard oriented, therefore fast paced teams

Future_Scout

Aren’t all the teams better whn they are pushing the break

Future_Scout

!

Future_Scout

!

uknation
    Participant

We on a mission

Future_Scout

!

Future_Scout

!

Future_Scout

!

Future_Scout

!

Future_Scout

=more charges lol

Future_Scout

Good day all

Future_Scout

!

Dale Worthington
    Participant

WATCH THE KRAP OUT FOR THE VILLE

Amamir, dawg, why would you put Nueva Mexico in the Final Four and St. Mary’s in the Elite Eight?

Random upsets? You gotta pick with a purpose son! You know, ish that’s actually somewhat likely to go down! Not pie in the sky plop!

aamir543
    Participant

^No, not random upsets, thinking back the St. Mary’s pick was a bit foolish, but the I really thought the Lobos had what it took to go to the final four. However I was very weary of picking them over Lousville. Those weren’t random upsets, but they just didn’t pan out.

I did have Ohio in the Sweet 16, I had Duke going out in the second round, but too bad I had Notre Dame over them, if it weren’t for Vandy choking, Murray St Choking, and VCU choking, along with FSU, and the Lobos I’d be in this thing, but I lost all the close games, lol.

JNixon
    Participant

Louisville was too athletic and quick in the backcourt for Michigan State, especially since they dont have a steady PG really.

Wisconsin needs more athleticism man. They have shooters and Jordan Taylor had a great last 2 or 3 years, but they just dont have the athleticism to make it over that Sweet 16 hump man.

This Marquette v. Florida matchup has intrigue. 2 guard heavy teams, but I think Crowder is the mismatch as usual.

Deshaun Thomas has 20 points at halftime against Cincy. He is an underrated prospect due to his ability to be a mismatch and put the ball in the hoop. He has a knack for scoring and at 6’7 240, he is strong enough to function anywhere from 8-18 ft just as much as 22 ft. Dion Dixon has been ineffective, and Yancy Gates has been floating like he has a penchant for doing at times and he got hit with 2 fouls.

Hale
    Participant

Does Wisconsin even have a PG for next year?

JNixon
    Participant

Joe Jackson’s son is on the roster and he played a little this year. He’s a combo guard in the Travon Hughes mold

Future_Scout

keep an eye on jae crowder!!! this guy is ALWAYS in the right place…

Dale Worthington
    Participant

Yeah, I think Gasser will play the point for Wiscansin.

Hale
    Participant

If Jackson plays well next year then they could be really good. Evans, Gasser, Berggren, Bruesewitz, Brust, Sam Dekker coming in and they always have someone new step up every year.

JNixon
    Participant

Cincy with the comeback!!

aamir543
    Participant

How epic would a Cincy vs Xavier final be?

Dale Worthington
    Participant

I would actually love that, Aamir.

Big fan of both squads even though they’re rivals.

JNixon
    Participant

Cashmere Wright has stepped up as a leader for this team, I never really liked him as a PG but he’s grown up alot.

Kilpatrick for Cincy is an athletic guy with length and energy, and he hasnt shot bad this game. Intriguing prospect as well

Dale Worthington
    Participant

Clean sweep tonight baby. Going for that clean sweep tomorrow.

Peep The Don’s Pool.

#1 baby.

http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/en/group?groupID=37861&entryID=415494

Player Haters,

u mad?

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Brad Beal and Sullinger helped their draft stock today….

DurantsWingspan

Even if I get Florida right over Louisville, youll still have me by ten points because we have the same picks for the rest.

Future_Scout

seriously how GOOD are this matchups:

tyshawn taylor – lorenzo brown

thomas robinson – c.j. leslie

Dale Worthington
    Participant

Amazing, and I like NC State to win.

JNixon
    Participant

Ohio on the fence, with Kendall Marshall sitting out. Zeller getting loose early down low.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Just when I though Ohio stood absolutely no chance, quick 8-0 run to bring it back within 7.

Future_Scout

same with the baylor game…. after that acy monster dunk i thought to myself "ok, this is over"… then xavier makes a run.

doesn’t it always happen… it’s weird!!!!!!

Future_Scout

acy: another monster dunk!!!!

JNixon
    Participant

Quincy Acy is a damn freak of nature

Future_Scout

i’d like for the heat to take a look at him in the second

edit: another dunk

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Quicy Acy, 16 points and 14 rebounds so far

D7H7N
    Participant

As expected UNC is a lost cause without a point guard.

Happened with Felton and Lawson.  Happening again with Marshall.

Hale
    Participant

Don’t understand what Barnes is thinking. He’s way too predictable. Take two dribbles and step back. He just needs to take one more dribble and he’s right at the rim, he’s bailing out too soon.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

I had not realized how important Kendall Marshall was for this team.  I mean, they have three 1st round picks on the floor and they’re struggling.

D7H7N
    Participant

It’s really not surprising to me.  I remember UNC in 2004-2005 a team with Sean May, Marvin Williams, McCants, and Jawad Williams would lose to mediocre teams without Felton.  Santa Clara was one of them if I remember.

Dale Worthington
    Participant

Harrison Barnes doesn’t have that killer instinct.

I’ll take Terrence Ross over him, no doubt, even though Ross is going 10-15 spots lower than Barnes in the mocks.

Hale
    Participant

I wouldn’t. Barnes hasn’t played well at all, but I’m still definitely taking him over T-Ross.

Edit: He wouldn’t still be shooting if he lacked a killer instinct.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

I don’t know how UNC beats Kansas or NC State without Kendall Marshall now.  

Ohio scored 2 points in overtime, freethrows.

Dale Worthington
    Participant

Ross is a freak. I wouldn’t want to compare anyone to D-Wade but have you seen the way Ross creates on the bounce?

Straight freaky.

Hale
    Participant

Yeah, he’s good. But remember who’s playing in the Elite 8 next week instead of the NIT. UW isn’t as talented as UNC, but they are too good to be in the NIT. Barnes mistakes are magnified by a lot, which isn’t the case for Ross. He’ll still be very good at the next level.

Dale Worthington
    Participant

6/6 for my Elite 8.

Lez go NC St. and KY.

Future_Scout

off topic: am i the only one who thinks the indiana coach looks like a molester?

Tongue-Out-Like-23
    Participant

Wow, there are way too many foul calls.

Dale Worthington
    Participant

I think the same thing, Future Scout. He’s a sweet man though.

D7H7N
    Participant

I’m looking at the stat sheet..

Tyler Zeller got 20 pts and 22 rebounds and Stillman White had 6 assists with 0 turnovers.

How….

Future_Scout

i’d like to point out how close leslie is to t-rob height-wise

Dale Worthington
    Participant

Dear Kansas,

Please croak.

Regards,

Dale

P.S., if Kendall Marshall is good to go, you will lose by 15.

ProudGrandpa
    Participant

If you weren’t such a biased UL fan, your bracket would be sucking right now!

Dale Worthington
    Participant

The Ville, baby.

1/1 F4.

Dale Worthington
    Participant

PG, I live in Illinois (went to Northwestern) and have no connection to The Ville. Just love the way their team is built.

Big Ten ’till I die.

JNixon
    Participant

Kentucky has HORSES. Purebred horses out there. That defense? Woah.

Perry Jones is not tough, Im getting more and more concerned about him.

Quincy Acy is the only player on Baylor who is competing. That’s why I really like Acy.

Shouts out to Coach Frank Martin for being on CBS as an analyst right now! He’s doing great too, Charles and Kenny too.

F_DA_PO
    Participant

Could I win the bracket if I got the finals matchup right and winner? Even if I had Missouri and FSU in the final four?

never mind, surprised how many people picked the final four right. I think Kansas vs. Kentucky, and that’s wat I picked.

D7H7N
    Participant

John Henson has some range on his shot.  3 years in college definitely worth it

Hale
    Participant

UNC needs to rebound the damn ball. It’s disgraceful how many offensive boards KU is getting right now.

rtbt
    Participant

It would be a lot more enjoyable game if the CBS director wasn’t semi-incompetent. Why is he giving us a long distance, ultra wide, panoramic view of the court? It’s like watching the game from high up in the balcony. He seems much more interested in showing us the crowd as opposed to the game.

The camera work in the Baylor-Kentucky game was vastly superior. In that game the director brought the viewer down on the court and it made the experience so much better.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login