This topic contains 30 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar NCarmean18 12 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    mikeyvthedon
    Participant

If this works, it will be golden, and I think it will take some time. But, if it works, it will definitely give people something to do that they are good at and like doing. We all know that my friend JNixon-Iggy9 makes a fantastic top 35 preview. He really digs deep and gives a lot of time, effort and information in his breakdowns. What I am getting too here, is that I feel that while Iggy does have his eyes on the nation, there are some of us who definitely get to watch more of a certain team than he does. After all, we live in different regions, and get different games.

When we buy basketball previews, at least really good ones, most of them have numerous people that are incredibly in tune with certain regions. Basically, what I am stating is that we should all take one team we are REALLY familiar with, and write up a season preview. Here are my thoughts on a few people who will hopefully give us a real fans look into certain teams:

JNixon-Iggy9 (Know he is doing his list, but I am sure he would be down to do this one more): Kansas State

llperez: That Southern California school that he always talks about. I believe they are in Westwood or something. Drawing a blank on the name…….

TaylorCondrin: Washington

ProvidenceFriars: University of Eastern Polynesia

WizardofOz: Maryland (I believe that is your school, more so than Georgetown. One or the other, or both)

aamir: Cal-Berkley

IndianaBasketball: Hoosiers?

DanEBoy: Marquette (Really hope you read this, would love to get your breakdown)

JoeWolf: Kansas

JamieY: Kentucky

Universal: Not sure which one of the Michigan schools you like more

Sorry if I left someone out, or if your school has already been listed, this was just a rough list full of people I know are incredibly partial to and knowledgeable about these particular schools. Thought this would be a good, educational and relevant activity for us all to work on. I am incredibly sorry I do not have mine ready, I truly do not feel like writing anything up right now and do not want to do it half@ssed, but you all should expect an Oregon report really soon. Yes, we may like some schools outside of the Top 35, but there are surprises every year and NBA prospects that play on a number of different schools that sometimes do not make the tournament. Just would be cool to get the perspective of people who really love certain schools. 

providencefriars1
    Participant

Ya this sounds like a really good idea as long as people stick with teams they are really familiar with. I could do Uconn too if no one is an actual Uconn fan.

providencefriars1
    Participant

Ya this sounds like a really good idea as long as people stick with teams they are really familiar with. I could do Uconn too if no one is an actual Uconn fan.

Penny Jr.
    Participant

So, your tricking kids into educational assignments over summerbreak with out them knowing lol jk… I would be interested in doing one of the Michigan teams though, I dont really follow my state team like that but its seems like something fun to do

Penny Jr.
    Participant

So, your tricking kids into educational assignments over summerbreak with out them knowing lol jk… I would be interested in doing one of the Michigan teams though, I dont really follow my state team like that but its seems like something fun to do

JNixon
    Participant

I can definitely do K-State!

JNixon
    Participant

I can definitely do K-State!

WizardofOz
    Participant

I think I could do Maryland. I don’t follow them as much as I used to because of my hate for Gary Williams, but I’m definitely going to start following them more because I thik they’re headed in a new direction. I need to do some more research though.

WizardofOz
    Participant

I think I could do Maryland. I don’t follow them as much as I used to because of my hate for Gary Williams, but I’m definitely going to start following them more because I thik they’re headed in a new direction. I need to do some more research though.

jas225
    Participant

I could get in on this and write up one about Pittsburgh if needed.

jas225
    Participant

I could get in on this and write up one about Pittsburgh if needed.

llperez

so should we post them on this thread i take it? Ill put mine together for the bruins.

llperez

so should we post them on this thread i take it? Ill put mine together for the bruins.

jeff416
    Participant

I could do one on Memphis.

jeff416
    Participant

I could do one on Memphis.

McDunkin

Its cool…i didnt want to do one…....its all good man

McDunkin

Its cool…i didnt want to do one…....its all good man

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

That was at least what I was thinking. Glad you guys are down, so, thus far we have:

mikeyvthedon: Oregon Ducks

ProvidenceFriars: Duh (We will wait to see, but I am guessing we will get a 2nd round going)

Penny Jr.: Michigan Wolverines

JNixon-Iggy9: Kansas State Wildcats

WizardofOz: Maryland Terrapins (No worries about Gary Williams now that Mark Turgeon is at the helm)

jas225: Pittsburgh Panthers

llperez: UCLA

jeff416: Memphis

McBased: A comprehensive review of "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". Since that is almost undoubtedly to scary for your liking, "The Smurfs" will have to be a substitute.

LOL, I posted this after your post. Dude, I honestly do not even know your team. Your choice, champ.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

That was at least what I was thinking. Glad you guys are down, so, thus far we have:

mikeyvthedon: Oregon Ducks

ProvidenceFriars: Duh (We will wait to see, but I am guessing we will get a 2nd round going)

Penny Jr.: Michigan Wolverines

JNixon-Iggy9: Kansas State Wildcats

WizardofOz: Maryland Terrapins (No worries about Gary Williams now that Mark Turgeon is at the helm)

jas225: Pittsburgh Panthers

llperez: UCLA

jeff416: Memphis

McBased: A comprehensive review of "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". Since that is almost undoubtedly to scary for your liking, "The Smurfs" will have to be a substitute.

LOL, I posted this after your post. Dude, I honestly do not even know your team. Your choice, champ.

Malik-Universal
    Participant

m.i.c.h.i.g.a.n.

s.t.a.t.e.

s.p.a.r.t.a.n.s.

i.s.

m.y.

t.e.a.m.

Malik-Universal
    Participant

m.i.c.h.i.g.a.n.

s.t.a.t.e.

s.p.a.r.t.a.n.s.

i.s.

m.y.

t.e.a.m.

ChriJoll
    Participant

If the person you have in your initial post is less than thrilled about UK I would be more than happy to fill in.

ChriJoll
    Participant

If the person you have in your initial post is less than thrilled about UK I would be more than happy to fill in.

McDunkin

I swear if you do like last time and give me the New Jersey Institute of Technology 2007–08 Highlanders to review…They went  0–29

McDunkin

I swear if you do like last time and give me the New Jersey Institute of Technology 2007–08 Highlanders to review…They went  0–29

llperez
    llperez
    ChriJoll
    Participant
    ChriJoll
    Participant
    NCarmean18
    Participant

I will write one up about Illinois!  It will be interesting because of all of the young talent Illinois has to offer, with only one senior who is a transfer.  I will have the post up later today.

NCarmean18
    Participant

I will write one up about Illinois!  It will be interesting because of all of the young talent Illinois has to offer, with only one senior who is a transfer.  I will have the post up later today.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login