This topic contains 18 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar yungsaint89 14 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Lemons4Life
    Participant

A few days ago they announced Dwight Howard would be on the cover of the game. I’m wondering what you think the ratings of the top 10 players should be and who they will be. I know it’s just a video game, but I would appreciate your post. Here’s mine compared to the players i have listed:::
    Top 10 Players-new rating-old rating:

1. LeBron James-98- 97
    2. Kobe Bryant-96- 97
    3. Dwyane Wade-94- 93
    4. Kevin Garnett-91- 97
    5. Dwight Howard-91- 84
    6. Derrick Rose-90- 82 ?
    7. Tim Duncan-90- 91
    8. Carmelo Anthony-90- 86
    9. Amare Stoudemire-89- 93 ?
    10. Dirk Nowitzki-88- 86

DeRozanfan11

One thing that I know for sure is that they need to raise D-Will’s rating from a 70 to a 90.

ricks17
    Participant

Who cares nba 2k9 is twice the game that nba live 09 is. The game play in the new nba live games are terrible. You gotta start playin the right game

Knicksboy34
    Participant

IMO

1.Kobe 99
    2.James 98
    3.Howard 97 (he’s the cover boy…)
    4.Wade 97
    5. Duncan 95
    6. Paul 94
    7. Durant 93
    8. Dirk 93
    9. Roy 93
    10. Garnett 93

Also, IMO….Rose should be a 90.

wowthisisneat
    Participant

recent 2K games are better. Durant has got to be there

auber
    Participant

2k is the better series. after live 03 they just fell off and I’ve been 2k since.

Knicksboy34
    Participant

The only reason i used to play NBA live was because you could use MJ…

RickyRubio9
    Participant

I use to stick with NBA Live, but there are alot of glitches. There are far less in 2K sports so I don’t even worry ’bout live. Plus their Cover Athletes always get injured. 09-Parker-Injured. 08-Arenas-Injured. 07-McGrady-Injured. 06-Wade-Injured. Before the 06 Copy they didn’t get injured, but all those players haven’t had the best of luck…possibly an NBA Live jinx? :O Watch out Howard.

noel2420
    Participant

I’M LOOKING TO PLAY 2010 THAT WILL BE THE FIRST 2K I HAVED PLAYED I STICK WITH NBA LIVE ALL THIS TIME AND I THINK IT’S A TIME FOR A CHANGE

Wälse
    Participant

like everyone else said, the 2K series is superior to the Live series. also, like everyone else, i played Live for years but since the 360 and PS3 systems have come about, the NBA2K versions are far better.

j1232e
    Participant

Me too I have been playing nba live ever since it came out in ’95 if I am not mistaken. But everyone I talk to says 2k is much better this might be the year for the big switch.

DeRozanfan11

If everyone is right I’m going to switch to 2k I remeber that 2k8 was so much better than NBA Live 08 so I’m going to switch.

draftnik
    Participant

I’ve been with the 2K series since it was still being called ESPN NBA Basketball. I left the NBA Live bandwagon a long time ago. 2K is twice as realistic as Live, which no one can deny. Even the college 2K series was better than NCAA March Madness from EA, but that series is no more thanks to the haters at EA Sports

sheltwon3
    Participant

I may have to check out the 2k series because I liked it back when it was on the dreamcast but was not a fan of the ps2 versions

Lemons4Life
    Participant

I will switch to nba 2k… thanks for everyone’s opinions and forgot they really need to raise d-will and roy

bluedevils12
    Participant

im lovin hearin everybody say the same things i used 2 say about live. I was a live fan for a good while and then they jus switched it up on me and the game became horrible. then i went 2 a friends house one day and played 2k……………lets jus say an addiction was born. If u are still playing live u havent played a bball game yet. get a upgrade.

tuck243
    Participant

But I must say the Cavs on that game is cheesy… Big Z kills me all the time… But by far a better game than Live man… For some years now… Live is for people who watch basketball for dunks and crossovers… 2k is for the actual basketball fan to run some plays, post ups, and actual jumpshots… Its not even close as some of the Game websites say…

knicksfreak
    Participant

I couldnt even make a free throw for the longest time on 2k9. I bought all 3 games(live, 2k9, the inside) and there are bits and pieces of them all I like. 2k9 is the hardest by far, Live is fun but a little unrealistic, and the inside is entertaining for about 3 hours.

yungsaint89
    Participant

I stopped playing NBA Live in 2005. The NBA 2K series is a work of art. The only things that I don’t like about the game are the post moves, free throws and playing online. Last year it was great, but now it’s just awful. You can’t choose your opponent in lobbies like last year, so you have to choose random match. 7 games out of 10 I get matched up with some 12 year old who cheeses for dear life with Lebron or Kobe. Oh well. Nothing’s perfect.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login