This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar BostonCs Fan 9 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    hoopscop
    Participant

There is so much noise the last days how the high school class of 2015 is so bad that subsequently the draft in 2016 will be terrible and so on. It is irrelevant that these multiplicators, yes Chad and Jonathan again, have no credibility or knowledge on the grassroots level. Don`t forget NBA scouts have no access to hs games. The hs class of 2013 was above average but nothing more, but for months there was this unwarranted hype. There are 3 great indicators for strength of a particular class, the transcendent talent at the top, seize and depth. Depth means top 30, top 50, top 100, top 300 in relation to other classes.
    If we take the loaded class of 1979 as the ultimate class with a rating of 10.
    I really like the class of 2015, I love the class of 2016 but in my mind the class of 2015 is so much better than the class of 2013 it is laughable. Look, 2015 have depth, the say best 30 players are so productive and talented, they have size and so many players that are not household names will be quality guys on the highest level.
    See Dwane Bacon, only Clark Francis has him in his top 10, no doubt a better wing prospect than all the guys you have in this years draft. Allonzo Trier, maybe not your prototypical 2 guard will be a great scorer on the highest level, Dayonta Davis as a stretch 4 with shotblocking potential, Antonio Blakeney, all these guys will produce in college from the first day. We have guys like Malik Newman, Diamond Stone or Ivan Rabb with lukewarm response but especially these 3 kids will be stars. You could go on and on.
    With the class of 2016 coming like gangbusters I deeply believe the next 2 drafts after this year will be really superb and we should talk a year from now what the narrative will be.

lalaila
    Participant

The hs class of 2013 was above average but nothing more??? That’s the statement after one year in college (mostly great one) ? And after half of the NBA season where four of the biggest names (top7 picks – all former freshman) were injured?? No way!

lalaila
    Participant

The hs class of 2013 was above average but nothing more??? That’s the statement after one year in college (mostly great one) ? And after half of the NBA season where four of the biggest names (top7 picks – all former freshman) were injured?? No way!

hoopscop
    Participant

On a side note, most of the guys we are tracking for more than 5 years, so you have a good feel for the class. The class of 2013 lacked depth when we look at the top 20, top 50, top 100 and size very much, with these parameters even if Jabari, Wiggins, Randle, Gordon would be the best of the best it would be an above average class and that is not a bad thing at all. Above average is good but not great. If you have a perfect 10 with the class of 1979, there is not a single 9 after that. There are a half dozen 8 or maybe 8,5. So the hs class of 2013 could be a 5,5, thats it. For comparison I believe the top 10 from 2015 will pan out a little better than 2013, but the top 25, top 50, top 100 the class of 2015 is so much better it is eerie, so my judgement about the class of 2013 has nothing to do with the first months in the league.

hoopscop
    Participant

On a side note, most of the guys we are tracking for more than 5 years, so you have a good feel for the class. The class of 2013 lacked depth when we look at the top 20, top 50, top 100 and size very much, with these parameters even if Jabari, Wiggins, Randle, Gordon would be the best of the best it would be an above average class and that is not a bad thing at all. Above average is good but not great. If you have a perfect 10 with the class of 1979, there is not a single 9 after that. There are a half dozen 8 or maybe 8,5. So the hs class of 2013 could be a 5,5, thats it. For comparison I believe the top 10 from 2015 will pan out a little better than 2013, but the top 25, top 50, top 100 the class of 2015 is so much better it is eerie, so my judgement about the class of 2013 has nothing to do with the first months in the league.

Kokayne_Dawkinz
    Participant

The 2004 HS class is the most underrated class of all time and one of the deepest..also 2007 was pretty good when you consider how the top guys all dominated and set Fire to the whole freshmen being expected to come in and change an program

Kokayne_Dawkinz
    Participant

The 2004 HS class is the most underrated class of all time and one of the deepest..also 2007 was pretty good when you consider how the top guys all dominated and set Fire to the whole freshmen being expected to come in and change an program

BostonCs Fan
    Participant

I’m hoping the class of 16 will be filled with talent as my Celtics have 2 and possibly 3 first round picks that year. Brooklyn’s, Dallas, and of course our own. I’m going to call it now and say Brooklyn’s pick is more and more looking like it will be top 10 for sure. Looking back what a trade huh? In Danny I trust. A little of topic I know

BostonCs Fan
    Participant

I’m hoping the class of 16 will be filled with talent as my Celtics have 2 and possibly 3 first round picks that year. Brooklyn’s, Dallas, and of course our own. I’m going to call it now and say Brooklyn’s pick is more and more looking like it will be top 10 for sure. Looking back what a trade huh? In Danny I trust. A little of topic I know

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login