This topic contains 19 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar KATASTROPHE 15 years ago.

• Author
    jojososa
    Participant

Ok so we all have heard tha buzz about John Wall being possibly eligible for tha NBA draft, now if u r a GM and u r on tha clock who would u go wif? Both seem to be pretty solid to me and i think u would have to base tha pick on ur teams style of play…… But i kno 4 sure i would take Wall

TONYDABOSS77
    Participant

diddo . . .
    im with wall . . .
    the only way i pick rubio is if i run an offense like the spurs . . .
    but then again tony parker runs that offense to perfection. . .

Astro
    Participant

A PG with that kind of height, athleticism and passing ability doesn’t come along very often.

dsal

It’s not even a contest, Rubio has playing pro since he was 16 yrs old. He plays on the spanish national team and showed everyone what he could to against one of the best teams assembled, that being Team USA. I don’t care for Rubio but come on he’s better than Wall

The8thDeadlySin
    Participant

If Wall is able to enter, he, Rubio, and Jennings will all be connected and all will be compared unless one flops. All three are good and could possibly change teams but personaly I have to go with Rubio because he knows how to lead older guys. He has played with men much older than him and always been a floor general. Wall has never and Jennings did a little this year. So Rubio wins because he is a Pure Point. Pass first, play good defence, and then score.

The8thDeadlySin
    Participant

If Wall is able to enter, he, Rubio, and Jennings will all be connected and all will be compared unless one flops. All three are good and could possibly change teams but personaly I have to go with Rubio because he knows how to lead older guys. He has played with men much older than him and always been a floor general. Wall has never and Jennings did a little this year. So Rubio wins because he is a Pure Point. Pass first, play good defence, and then score.

Lodzio20
    Participant

Wall is way better

TONYDABOSS77
    Participant

rubio can’t play d or score . . .
    at best he’s jose calderon

jennings at best is in the allen iverson/chris paul mold

wall at best is in the derrick rose/dwayne wade mold

Mr. Basketball
      Participant

Rubio does not play D??? Are u kidding? read a scouting report before u post that BS.

MATA
      Participant

lol.can’t play defense? he was defensive player of the year this year in spain.that counts for something.at best jose calderon? you know just as much about basketball as you do treadmills fatboy.smh at big baby baseless.

scg1

Wall has the most talent of any pg in the last decade…who cares if Rubio leads older men in europe? 99% of them suck and wouldn’t make it in the NBA so who cares?

bmorebaskekball
      Participant

Not sure if he has the most talent of any pg in the last decade. There have benn a lot of talented players at the pg position. I would say Jason Williams pre accident was just as talented. But he does have a nice skill set.

Mr.Duke 1426
    Participant

First of all, rubio is a WAY better defender than wall. And just an all around better player. Wall is only good because of his sheer atheletic ability. Don’t get me wrong wall will be great one day but coming out of high school? WHICH HE CANNOT DO mr bossman for the 3rd time now! And to say he can only run an offense like the spurs? Seriously where are you getting you info from? Wall has played against kids. I mean he is a 5th year senior. He should be in college no but he’s not. And rubio has played against MEN! Since he was 16! Rubio is the obvious pick only because wall has yet to prove himself to me. Maybe he’ll be an allstar but right now he’s just another mega-hyped high school kid and no one knows how great he will(or won’t) become.

Born
    Participant

Let Wall go to Kentucky or whereva he’s goin first before yall start anointing him…. hes about where Tyreke evans was as a hs senior( and hes a 19 y/o senior)… I think he’s gonna be a monster tho.. lets see more of him tho… lets see him against better comp.. Rubio held his own against the redeem team and in europe

“who cares if Rubio leads older men in europe? 99% of them suck and wouldn’t make it in the NBA so who cares?” …
    Im pretty sure Rubio played and practiced with and against better players than wall…. If rubio and Wall switched places, rubio would flourish, and wall would struggle… He played in a pro league!! it goes like this Highschool, college, inernational pro’s,NBA…
    thats just how it is

The8thDeadlySin
    Participant

Thank you Born. Both guys are gonna be great and nobody can really tell what a guy is going to do but as of now, Rubio has more experience and more tallent. He may not be gifted athleticly like Wall but neither is Nash or Stocton. But guys who are athletic freaks don’t always succeed. If they did, David Noel would be pretty damn good.

TONYDABOSS77
    Participant

listen clippers . . . .
    im going off of what i see not a scouting report & in the gold medal game he couldn’t handle aney body!!!!!!

The8thDeadlySin
    Participant

You watched one game and are making an assumption about a player. Damn. Have you ever played basketball or been around the game. Sometimes, in case you didnt know, people have off nights. And oh yea, the kid is 18 playing against the worlds greatest. 90 percent of players in the NBA can’t guard Paul and Williams.

Mr. Basketball
    Participant

what video shows bad D from him. he goes back to pressure after every single made basket by him or his team. Right after a basket, he does not showboat and jog back on D. He starts up an intense press all by himself right after a made basket or he sticks on his man. In fact, when he played brandon jennings with only his left hand, he forced him to commit a turnover on the very first play that he came in. He is a great defender and his ability to get into the passing lanes like no other make him a special defender. In fact, he won the DPOY in the ACB this year. how can a guy who does not play defense win defensive player of the year in the best league in all of Europe? Exactly, he is a very good defender.

scg1

I’m not rupping on Rubio, but I’m saying people use this oh he has played pro in europe bull and that he did good in the Olympics. So what??? Euro ball is way different then the style in the USA and of course Wall would struggle because he plays it our way. Not the euro way. Yeah he has played better players then Wall I will agree with that. Next year you won’t be able to say that though. And Wall is gonna tear it up, I’m not such much a Rubio hater as i am a Wall lover.

KATASTROPHE
    Participant

‘Wall has the most talent of any pg in the last decade” Where do people get this stuff from??? More talent than Paul, DWill, Rose, TParker, Agent0…. WOW!!!! I have got to see this guy play I have never really watched him play.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login