This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar benny15 8 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    mrwehbe
    Participant

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_mock_drafts/37675/2015

appreciate your feedback 🙂

thanks

Kinguy11
    Participant

Good mock, just a couple of changes I’d make:

– Detroit will most likely take Hezonja if he is still on the board.  They need shooting and that is something scouts say that Hezonja is good at, despite his average 3pt% in this year’s Euroleague.

– Other than that, I think you have underrated Portis and Harrell.  While it is conceivable that Harrell could be a faller on draft day, that is quite a bold prediction.  In Portis’ case, I’d pop him at 19 to the Wizards on your mock.  Washington already have a SF for the future in Porter and they have an aging big man core of Nene, Gortat and Humphries that they may want to inject some athletism into.

Kinguy11
    Participant

Good mock, just a couple of changes I’d make:

– Detroit will most likely take Hezonja if he is still on the board.  They need shooting and that is something scouts say that Hezonja is good at, despite his average 3pt% in this year’s Euroleague.

– Other than that, I think you have underrated Portis and Harrell.  While it is conceivable that Harrell could be a faller on draft day, that is quite a bold prediction.  In Portis’ case, I’d pop him at 19 to the Wizards on your mock.  Washington already have a SF for the future in Porter and they have an aging big man core of Nene, Gortat and Humphries that they may want to inject some athletism into.

mrwehbe
      Participant

thank you for your feedback 

concerning washington i still think they need a SF because their depth in this position is limited to porter and pierce (who’s at end of his career and can be mentor for RHJ) and they have four good bigs (despite their age can still produce) they can rotate Nene , Gortat , Humphries , and Seraphine.

the beauty of this year draft is other than the top 4 any player can rise or fall , which add plenty of excitement and entertainment .

mrwehbe
      Participant

thank you for your feedback 

concerning washington i still think they need a SF because their depth in this position is limited to porter and pierce (who’s at end of his career and can be mentor for RHJ) and they have four good bigs (despite their age can still produce) they can rotate Nene , Gortat , Humphries , and Seraphine.

the beauty of this year draft is other than the top 4 any player can rise or fall , which add plenty of excitement and entertainment .

HayatoKanzaki1
        Participant

Who has actually still shown some potential in games this year. And i dont think they’re willing to give up on him yet. I thought about putting RHJ to the Wizards myself but I had to keep otto porter in mind.

HayatoKanzaki1
        Participant

Who has actually still shown some potential in games this year. And i dont think they’re willing to give up on him yet. I thought about putting RHJ to the Wizards myself but I had to keep otto porter in mind.

Memphis Madness
    Participant

Thanks for the first round.  

Kinguy 11, I was just thinking as I was reading this was that Montrezl Harrell could be better at 25 to the Grizzlies.  We need athleticism, length, energy, and depth at the 3 we also need help at the 4.  Harrell has also shown some range here and there.

Good point, I think Harrell could go higher.  He’s basically a tweener, but he can still do some things at either forward spot.  Looks like he could turn into a really good third forward…  

Memphis Madness
    Participant

Thanks for the first round.  

Kinguy 11, I was just thinking as I was reading this was that Montrezl Harrell could be better at 25 to the Grizzlies.  We need athleticism, length, energy, and depth at the 3 we also need help at the 4.  Harrell has also shown some range here and there.

Good point, I think Harrell could go higher.  He’s basically a tweener, but he can still do some things at either forward spot.  Looks like he could turn into a really good third forward…  

BallerScript
    Participant

It is really good but here are a few things I would look at:

Jerian Grant to the C’s?

Last year the Celtics picked their point guard for the future in Marcus Smart  who is being seen more as a combo guard as time passes so I have no idea why they would draft another combo guard in Jerian Grant who seems to have a lot less promise than Smart.

Montrezl Harrell falling past the Suns, Bucks, Hawks, Wizards, Raptors, Trailblazers and Grizzlies?

I personally do not see all of these teams passing on Harrell. He is just to good to fall this far.

BallerScript
    Participant

It is really good but here are a few things I would look at:

Jerian Grant to the C’s?

Last year the Celtics picked their point guard for the future in Marcus Smart  who is being seen more as a combo guard as time passes so I have no idea why they would draft another combo guard in Jerian Grant who seems to have a lot less promise than Smart.

Montrezl Harrell falling past the Suns, Bucks, Hawks, Wizards, Raptors, Trailblazers and Grizzlies?

I personally do not see all of these teams passing on Harrell. He is just to good to fall this far.

benny15
    Participant

i generally like your mock and agree with some of your picks and the ones i dont, i still get why it would be beneficial for the most part, some parts which we differ on though:

-i feel orlando will go for WCS over the high upside Porzingis and Winslow. my reasoning for this is related to the coaching hire of Scott Skiles, this is the same coach who pushed the bulls to take Tyrus Thomas one year and then Joakim Noah the next. the guy just loves high motor defensive players and i expect the trend to continue this year.

-i agree with the earlier comment that if the Pistons have the possibilty of taking hezonja, they will. the possibility to add a high ceiling small forward could be too much to pass on. and altough i like stanley johnson myself, SVG has had a tendency of looking at the outside stroke before defensive capabilities. even when he has used defensive wings such as pietrus and to a less degree courtney lee, they both had solid strokes from the outside. my dark horse pick though here is trey lyles who SVG could see taking the hedo point forward role which allows him to utilize his scoring point guards. 

-if im reading you correctly, you have the celtics taking a jerian grant to give the celtics a true point since neither smart or bradley are real point guards and more 2 guards actually. while i agree with this i think ainge or stevens has come out and said that they are looking for someone who can play both the 1 and the 2 so maybe cameron payne would be a better proojection. also i think brad stevens doesnt mind at all having two killer defenders at the back-court that arent true points since he utilizes point forward turner a lot. and even when he dint have him last season, the year prior he elected to go with scoring point jordan crawford and got decent results with it.

-i agree with the earlier post that washington could elect to go with a position other than small forward due to the progress porter made this season, and the fact that looking at the future, you cant really rely on nene’s health and gooden and humphries will soon be free agents and i dont know are regarded as core pieces. getting a young stretch 4 here such as Bobby Portis or maybe even roll the dice on christian wood’s potential. however, i wouldnt be totally against going against BPA who i believe is RHJ at at this point in your draft.

-i dont think memphis would take RJ Hunter though since they just took a shooter at the same position last year in Jordan Adams. if they do take Rj Hunter i think itll show that they have lost faith in adams which i havent heared anything from. one can argue its too garner competition in camp, but then you already signed courtney lee to a deal to play the same role but as a starter, still have tony allen at the 2 as the veteran guy, i just dont know if they need another 2 guard. Harrell sounds like a grizzly type player, but id rather memphis give a legit shot at stokes as well who played well for them in summer league but was stuck on the bench as a rookie, something common last year in memphis with competent vets ahead of him in the rotation. best case scenario to me is if they can get a long point guard such as delon wright, cameron payne or jerian grant, since im not sure if calathes is their guy as conley’s back-up. id even give george lucas de paul a long look and see if his potential is high enough to be a 2 year project. 

-brooklyn taking powell is nice, but also kinda redundant with markel brown who they got last year and even started some games for them this year. think theyll go with BPA though regardless of position since they seem to take the free agent and trade approach in building their rotation rather than the draft. as a personall preferrence, id rather they take luwawu as a draft and stash type, also id consider them taking if one of the power forward projects such as woods, mccoulugh or martin. 

benny15
    Participant

i generally like your mock and agree with some of your picks and the ones i dont, i still get why it would be beneficial for the most part, some parts which we differ on though:

-i feel orlando will go for WCS over the high upside Porzingis and Winslow. my reasoning for this is related to the coaching hire of Scott Skiles, this is the same coach who pushed the bulls to take Tyrus Thomas one year and then Joakim Noah the next. the guy just loves high motor defensive players and i expect the trend to continue this year.

-i agree with the earlier comment that if the Pistons have the possibilty of taking hezonja, they will. the possibility to add a high ceiling small forward could be too much to pass on. and altough i like stanley johnson myself, SVG has had a tendency of looking at the outside stroke before defensive capabilities. even when he has used defensive wings such as pietrus and to a less degree courtney lee, they both had solid strokes from the outside. my dark horse pick though here is trey lyles who SVG could see taking the hedo point forward role which allows him to utilize his scoring point guards. 

-if im reading you correctly, you have the celtics taking a jerian grant to give the celtics a true point since neither smart or bradley are real point guards and more 2 guards actually. while i agree with this i think ainge or stevens has come out and said that they are looking for someone who can play both the 1 and the 2 so maybe cameron payne would be a better proojection. also i think brad stevens doesnt mind at all having two killer defenders at the back-court that arent true points since he utilizes point forward turner a lot. and even when he dint have him last season, the year prior he elected to go with scoring point jordan crawford and got decent results with it.

-i agree with the earlier post that washington could elect to go with a position other than small forward due to the progress porter made this season, and the fact that looking at the future, you cant really rely on nene’s health and gooden and humphries will soon be free agents and i dont know are regarded as core pieces. getting a young stretch 4 here such as Bobby Portis or maybe even roll the dice on christian wood’s potential. however, i wouldnt be totally against going against BPA who i believe is RHJ at at this point in your draft.

-i dont think memphis would take RJ Hunter though since they just took a shooter at the same position last year in Jordan Adams. if they do take Rj Hunter i think itll show that they have lost faith in adams which i havent heared anything from. one can argue its too garner competition in camp, but then you already signed courtney lee to a deal to play the same role but as a starter, still have tony allen at the 2 as the veteran guy, i just dont know if they need another 2 guard. Harrell sounds like a grizzly type player, but id rather memphis give a legit shot at stokes as well who played well for them in summer league but was stuck on the bench as a rookie, something common last year in memphis with competent vets ahead of him in the rotation. best case scenario to me is if they can get a long point guard such as delon wright, cameron payne or jerian grant, since im not sure if calathes is their guy as conley’s back-up. id even give george lucas de paul a long look and see if his potential is high enough to be a 2 year project. 

-brooklyn taking powell is nice, but also kinda redundant with markel brown who they got last year and even started some games for them this year. think theyll go with BPA though regardless of position since they seem to take the free agent and trade approach in building their rotation rather than the draft. as a personall preferrence, id rather they take luwawu as a draft and stash type, also id consider them taking if one of the power forward projects such as woods, mccoulugh or martin. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login