This topic contains 52 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Rip255 8 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    valentine

I want to know who is going to be the most athletic young player in the league. 

You can choose anyone that has been drafted since 2013, and are encouraged to include High School/College Players that are highly likely to get drafted.

Since everyone is bound to argue over the definition of "Athleticism", I’m going to use a standardised set of guidelines.

1) Size must be factored in. This is a "Pound for Pound" discussion.

2) Athleticism includes: Max Speed, Quickness, Leaping Ability, Strength, Body Control, Flexibility and Endurance. 

My pick is Andrew Wiggins. Yet I’m sure there’s people who would argue he’s not even the best athlete on his own team. 

So you decide. Who is the most athletic young player?

Memphisboy14
    Participant

I don’t know what you got negged for lol it’s not a troll post.

I’d say that Andrew Wiggins and Victor Oladipo are some of the strongest athletes to get drafted in the top 5 I’ve seen in the past few years.

……. Wait I just realized you do realize that the 2016 and 2017 drafts haven’t happened yet right???? No wonder you got negged.

Memphisboy14
    Participant

I don’t know what you got negged for lol it’s not a troll post.

I’d say that Andrew Wiggins and Victor Oladipo are some of the strongest athletes to get drafted in the top 5 I’ve seen in the past few years.

……. Wait I just realized you do realize that the 2016 and 2017 drafts haven’t happened yet right???? No wonder you got negged.

Rip255

Not sure I agree about your explaination to why I got negged…Because the 2016 and 2017 drafts haven’t happened yet. 

This response proves that if you’re the first to reply to any of my threads…its a guaranteed points bonanza. Strangely, my reply and view counts are higher than ever. 

+1 though for Victor Oladipo, he’s a legit athlete. 

Rip255

Not sure I agree about your explaination to why I got negged…Because the 2016 and 2017 drafts haven’t happened yet. 

This response proves that if you’re the first to reply to any of my threads…its a guaranteed points bonanza. Strangely, my reply and view counts are higher than ever. 

+1 though for Victor Oladipo, he’s a legit athlete. 

Reptilian Monk
    Participant

Pound for Pound I would take Zach Lavine at 6’5 180 pounds. Crazy overall athlete at a lighter weight. 

Reptilian Monk
    Participant

Pound for Pound I would take Zach Lavine at 6’5 180 pounds. Crazy overall athlete at a lighter weight. 

Memphisboy14
      Participant

Completely forgot about him somehow

Memphisboy14
      Participant

Completely forgot about him somehow

bumbleb33
      Participant

Zach is a crazy athlete no doubt in terms of speed/ hops but his strength is horrendous. He looks good on the highlight reel on the fast break dunks but overall his athleticism does not translate all that well to becoming a great player. He can’t finish all that well and defends even worse cos he is so weak. 

bumbleb33
      Participant

Zach is a crazy athlete no doubt in terms of speed/ hops but his strength is horrendous. He looks good on the highlight reel on the fast break dunks but overall his athleticism does not translate all that well to becoming a great player. He can’t finish all that well and defends even worse cos he is so weak. 

Bencelticsfan2346
    Participant

Since most people are going to say Lavine and Wiggins because pound for pound and athletically they are the best. I’ll say from 2015 it’s Mudiay 6’5 200 pounds with bounce  and coming up in the next few years there’s Josh Jackson and Deandre Ayton. Jackson is similar to Wiggins and ayton is tall and has good speed, quickness, light on feet and moves fluid, but in need of some muscle 

Rip255

Do you think Mudiay is at Westbrook, Derrick Rose type levels of athleticism?

Memphisboy14
        Participant

Mudiay didn’t strike me as being the most athletic guy as he was hyped to be. Granted he’s a good athlete and he’s not gonna have any issues in that department but I feel as if his athleticism was overrated. Still a great prospect though.

whiteflash
          Participant

Mudiay isn’t near as athletic as he was touted to be. He’s a good athlete, but nothing spectacular. I see a bigger Ray Felton.

whiteflash
          Participant

Mudiay isn’t near as athletic as he was touted to be. He’s a good athlete, but nothing spectacular. I see a bigger Ray Felton.

bumbleb33
          Participant

i dont think he was touted as anywhere close to westbrook/wall athleticism

bumbleb33
          Participant

i dont think he was touted as anywhere close to westbrook/wall athleticism

whiteflash
            Participant

He most certainly was. Those were the two comparison’s he was repeatedly tagged with. There’s several YouTube highlight vids from reputable sources calling him "The next Westbrook" or "John Wall 2.0". It’s like just ’cause he’s a 6’5" pg who occasionally dunks he’s gotta be the next superstar. I think he’s gonna struggle.

whiteflash
            Participant

He most certainly was. Those were the two comparison’s he was repeatedly tagged with. There’s several YouTube highlight vids from reputable sources calling him "The next Westbrook" or "John Wall 2.0". It’s like just ’cause he’s a 6’5" pg who occasionally dunks he’s gotta be the next superstar. I think he’s gonna struggle.

Memphisboy14
              Participant

Actually there were plenty of sites including this one that pegged him as a very good athlete but made it clear he wasn’t the same type of athlete as Wall, Westbrook and Rose. 

Memphisboy14
              Participant

Actually there were plenty of sites including this one that pegged him as a very good athlete but made it clear he wasn’t the same type of athlete as Wall, Westbrook and Rose. 

whiteflash
                Participant

Actually, if you go and look at his profile on this very site he’s called "a dynamic athlete" and is compared to John Wall. I mean, it’s literally on this site. Almost EVERYONE was comparing him to Wall/Westbrook, and I never understood why.

whiteflash
                Participant

Actually, if you go and look at his profile on this very site he’s called "a dynamic athlete" and is compared to John Wall. I mean, it’s literally on this site. Almost EVERYONE was comparing him to Wall/Westbrook, and I never understood why.

whiteflash
              Participant

Honest question: How do I get negative points for pointing out factually accurate information? I mean, it’s not like I pulled this outta my ass. It’s literally all over the internet draft sites/youtube channels, and even on this very site in easy to read detail. Someone posts something flat out wrong and gets a bunch of thumbs ups, then someone else corrects ’em and gets thumbs downs? I don’t get it.

whiteflash
              Participant

Honest question: How do I get negative points for pointing out factually accurate information? I mean, it’s not like I pulled this outta my ass. It’s literally all over the internet draft sites/youtube channels, and even on this very site in easy to read detail. Someone posts something flat out wrong and gets a bunch of thumbs ups, then someone else corrects ’em and gets thumbs downs? I don’t get it.

Memphisboy14
        Participant

Mudiay didn’t strike me as being the most athletic guy as he was hyped to be. Granted he’s a good athlete and he’s not gonna have any issues in that department but I feel as if his athleticism was overrated. Still a great prospect though.

Rip255

Do you think Mudiay is at Westbrook, Derrick Rose type levels of athleticism?

Bencelticsfan2346
    Participant

Since most people are going to say Lavine and Wiggins because pound for pound and athletically they are the best. I’ll say from 2015 it’s Mudiay 6’5 200 pounds with bounce  and coming up in the next few years there’s Josh Jackson and Deandre Ayton. Jackson is similar to Wiggins and ayton is tall and has good speed, quickness, light on feet and moves fluid, but in need of some muscle 

JR Ryder
    Participant

Id like to put in Rudy Gay in this conversation. Rudy was a freak athlete at 6’8 225lbs and ran the floor well.

Memphisboy14
      Participant

Rudy Gay had all the physical tools in the world to be a great 2 way player. He’s still a good NBA player despite all the flack he gets.

Memphisboy14
      Participant

Rudy Gay had all the physical tools in the world to be a great 2 way player. He’s still a good NBA player despite all the flack he gets.

JR Ryder
    Participant

Id like to put in Rudy Gay in this conversation. Rudy was a freak athlete at 6’8 225lbs and ran the floor well.

Rigelz
    Participant

I cannot decide between Wiggins and Lavine (both Wolves… wow) really… Andrew is more powerful but Zach is pure adrenaline… i put them both on the same level 

Rigelz
    Participant

I cannot decide between Wiggins and Lavine (both Wolves… wow) really… Andrew is more powerful but Zach is pure adrenaline… i put them both on the same level 

JR Ryder
    Participant

Josh Smith

6’9 230lbs

Power Forward who ran the floor like guard. With 40 inch vertical to match.

whiteflash
      Participant

He said "2013-17". Smith and Gay don’t qualify. Wiggins is a pogo stick, but his 1st step isn’t as fast as you’d expect and he’s pretty damn thin. Lavine is a blur in the open floor and has that launch pad left leg, but his 1st step also isn’t as fast as you’d expect and his build makes Wiggins’ look like Karl Malone’s. Their lack of strength and burst from a standstill hurts them in the overall athleticism testing. Not really thinking about it, I’d say Oladipo and Pierre Jackson.

whiteflash
      Participant

He said "2013-17". Smith and Gay don’t qualify. Wiggins is a pogo stick, but his 1st step isn’t as fast as you’d expect and he’s pretty damn thin. Lavine is a blur in the open floor and has that launch pad left leg, but his 1st step also isn’t as fast as you’d expect and his build makes Wiggins’ look like Karl Malone’s. Their lack of strength and burst from a standstill hurts them in the overall athleticism testing. Not really thinking about it, I’d say Oladipo and Pierre Jackson.

JR Ryder
    Participant

Josh Smith

6’9 230lbs

Power Forward who ran the floor like guard. With 40 inch vertical to match.

DolanCare
    Participant

Blake Griffin. He was a generational athlete coming out of college. 

DolanCare
    Participant

Blake Griffin. He was a generational athlete coming out of college. 

HeroescantdieHeroescantdie
    Heroescantdie
    Participant

Aaron Gordon, considering his height, he can run like a deer, he can jump, he can move well laterally, he has a quick 2nd jump. Shawn Marion like type of athlete

HeroescantdieHeroescantdie
    Heroescantdie
    Participant

Aaron Gordon, considering his height, he can run like a deer, he can jump, he can move well laterally, he has a quick 2nd jump. Shawn Marion like type of athlete

bumbleb33
      Participant

aaron gordon is actually not much taller than wiggins and is less lengthy as well. he is a great athlete no doubt but he runs kinda weird

bumbleb33
      Participant

aaron gordon is actually not much taller than wiggins and is less lengthy as well. he is a great athlete no doubt but he runs kinda weird

Espressoprodigy
    Participant

2017 DRAFT… İm going with Michael Porter Jr as my original pick. Joel Embiid as well.

Espressoprodigy
    Participant

2017 DRAFT… İm going with Michael Porter Jr as my original pick. Joel Embiid as well.

lalaila
    Participant

2017 has some great athletes Jackson, Smith Jr., Thon Maker what he can do at 7’1 is something special too..

But I still will go with bounce brothers, no doubt. 

Hard to choose one of them, but if I to I will go with Wiggins. 

Both jumps crazy high, I think LaVine better off one foot, Wiggins off two, but wiggins seems quicker assuming he 6’8 200 to Lavine’s 6’5 180

lalaila
    Participant

2017 has some great athletes Jackson, Smith Jr., Thon Maker what he can do at 7’1 is something special too..

But I still will go with bounce brothers, no doubt. 

Hard to choose one of them, but if I to I will go with Wiggins. 

Both jumps crazy high, I think LaVine better off one foot, Wiggins off two, but wiggins seems quicker assuming he 6’8 200 to Lavine’s 6’5 180

cjw
    Participant

Plays like a smaller wiggins with possibly better vertical and strength

cjw
    Participant

Plays like a smaller wiggins with possibly better vertical and strength

Rip255

Possibly. I think less vertical, but more strength. 

Rip255

Possibly. I think less vertical, but more strength. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login