mock draft 2.5
My new Mock...some changes...some new thoughts...New mock....5/30
top 14 ( Team, Player, Comments)
1. Sac- Blake Griffin- Cant decide on a number 1. I like Rubio and he could be another great PG but Griffin seems safer.
2. Was-Hasheem Thabeet- Big man, Thabeet could be a Defensive stud. Was may trade this pick and try to rebuild. Dont Forget Flip Saunders...he may want his guy
3. Lac-Ricky Rubio- Had Rubio 1 now hes 3. He could be another Pistol Pete. They may take him and try B-Diddy at the 2.
4. Okc- Jordan Hill- Hill is big and shown huge improvement. He could be another good big man. Could be this team's final piece.
5. Min- James Harden- I don't know about him. I saw on game and though : Paul Pierce. I saw another and thought he was too small. If he could play a little bit of PG..whoa
6. Mem- Earl Clark- Clark has top 5 potential but he really cant shoot that well. He could play the 2, 3 or 4 spots.
7. Gs- Brandon Jennings- GS wants Ellis at the 2. Jennings is a great scoring guard who can give you 10 ast. He could make everyone better.
8.New York- Tyreke Evans- Evans could mix it up at the 1 and 2 spots. Think T-mac, he has alot of great skills and could drive like a monster. Working on his jumper
9.Tor- DeMar DeRozan- DeRozan could be the gem of the draft. He played out of position at USC and he still got his. He must work on his jumper to be great.
10. Mil- Gerald Henderson- Henderson gives you another guard and he could score and he plays smart.
11. NJ- James Johnson-No need for another guard. Best player here. Johnson could play the 3 and 4...watch out though he is a high potential guy.
12.Cha- Wayne Ellington- Ellington could score and add depth at the 2. He could boast Charlotte as a 3pt threat
13.Ind- Stephen Curry- Curry can shoot. But he has no true position. He played PG for 1 season. He could be another combo guard ( Jason Terry) that can provide points.
14.Phx-Jonny Flynn- Flynn could run with the best of them. Give him a Shaq, Stoudemire, Richardson and he may lead all rooks in asts.
New York has all but promised to pick Curry. Good mock draft on the whole though.
I take it does guy does not like Curry. Also Indiana is set at the point guard and shooting guard spots and have a All star at the small forward. They only need a power forward or Center really and they have decent people at those positions but not much depth.
Good mock. Tyreke Would the perfect fit in NY. I don't know why this site has him rank so low, while every other site has Reke in the top 8. I think the Home town team Charlotte would pick Curry. I really don't see Indiana needing Curry. Also I still think Wayne Ellington in the lotto is a joke.
i think curry goes to the knicks. he'd be a great fit there. tyreke evans turns the ball too much, doesn't play d, lacks real fundamentals to play the guard positions, that's why he's in the mid-1st round in this mock. remember how deandre fell from the top 10 to the late 1st round in the mock last year? are you mocking ellington to cha coz he's from unc? haha. i think earl clark is a good fit for memphis. but isn't that a little too high for him? even higher than jennings?
maybe they should consider getting derozan and then trade him to the raps for the rights of earl clark and some future draft pick or some vets or dump jaric's contract.
I think that u r wrong about Reke. Yeah he turns the ball over but scouts are saying that he can excel at point guard position. Plus his game is more fit for the NBA. Last time I heard Earl Clark was projected to Be drafted by the suns. Also put Brandon Jennings at number 5 pick because people are saying that he is killing at the camp.
All in all...Ill try to answer all your question in 1 post
Curry is not a lock to NYK. I think Walsh will look at someone else.
Indiana is set at SG, not PG. Curry would help them as a nice PG who can shoot.
Curry would not be a excellent fit. He tried to play the 1 and Davidson did not make the tourny. He played 1 season at PG. Evans could start as a 2 and could mix it up as a PG
Evans doesnt lack anything you cant teach. His jumper, Lebron didnt come in da league with one.
AJ- I agree with everything but Earl Clark and Brandon Jennings. Clark reminds me of Marvin Williams. He came into his freshman year a mid-1st guy and with a little PT he became a 2nd overall pick. Plus after Griffin,Hill and Thabeet : no real big men
Jennings may go to MIN. but i will hold judgment cuz i dunno if he will go top 5. Also, he never really flash any greatness in Europe.
You are right with Earl Clark thing but the reason why I said Brandon Jennings would maybe go at 5 Because like I said with Reke his game is made for The NBA and to be Honest who would go higher than him.
and Earl Clark
who else do you have
I'm not trying argue with you, I'm just asking
Im not trying to argue with you either bro. I think Jennings has a NBA ready game. But if he played in the NBA like he did in Europe, it will look bad
Those are the guys most likely to go above Jennings.
i like james johnson going to nj. Him and brook lopez, along with anderson, could be a very good frontcourt in the future
Johnson is very underrated.