This topic contains 14 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar gone 11 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    draft2017
    Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPTZCjxgM-4&feature=related

Hes a hard worker in games and by himself. What kinda stats do you think he will put up in his rookie year?

I say 12-15 ppg, 5-8 rbg, 2apg

JoeWolf1

I saw that too the other day.  He reminds me of Paul George in the way his length, athletic ability, mobility and active style of play allow him to be in the right place at the right time and help him finish plays many would not.

That being said, I feel he has a grittier attitude, is less of a perimeter player and is more comfortable going into the trees and rebounding the ball.  No player is 100% like another, but to me, he’s part Paul George part Gerald Wallace.  

I could see him putting up 10 ppg and 5 rpg as a rookie and having a much improved sophomore year to the tune of 14 ppg 7 rpg.  He’s still young, and don’t think he’ll roll in and win ROY, but I think he’s got a bright future and will pan out as a player who will make at least a couple All-Star games.

acantare
    Participant

I predict that if Kidd-Gilchrist is on a team where he plays starters minutes he will put up similare numbers to what he put up in college 10-12pts 5-6rbs 2-3 assists. I think his carrear path with be similare to Richard Jefferson/Andre Iquoldala. He will be a solid multi year allstar and a great wingman for an elite player, a poor man’s pippen.

UNCbasketballbum
    Participant

impressive, but god that jumper is ugly…

franfran
    Participant

I have high expectations for this guy, I think it could be the second coming of Julius Erving.

statistics for rookie year

if he plays 30 + minutes: 12 ppg 5.8 rpg 2.1 apg 1.2 spg 0.8 bpg

if he plays 20 minutes: 7.8 ppg 4 rpg 1,2 apg 0,8 spg 0,6 bpg

mosdef
    Participant

so was Shawn Marion’s. those hustle SFs seem to be good as complimentary players on the team that every team needs

invalid
    Participant

if he plays 24mins, maybe like kawhi leonard stats 8pts 5brds 1.5stl

but i bet he will def burst into 13ppg 6.5rpg 2stl in second year or if he plays 30+ mins in rookie year

then 15.5 ppg  7.4 rpg  2.0 apg  2.1 spg  0.8 bpg  in 3rd year

WolfRob
    Participant

I’m not sure about offensive stats, but he is gonna LOCK SOME PEOPLE UP!!!!

So much defensive ability & potential there. 

Malcolmx
    Participant

Mike Gillie is really going to be good,down the line. I wont predict any stats I will just predict a solid career and the management of the team will not be kicking theirselves for drafting him.

omphalos
    Participant

That hitch is really worrisome, he’s going to be playing against guys who are longer and stronger than he is in the NBA, even if he can make it with the hitch, that pause could be the difference between getting blocked and get getting it off.

Think about the scouting report if he doesn’t fix the hitch, "stay down on pump fakes, wait for him to elevate and then contest the shot, because if it’s a guy like Batum or George, they will be able to match his elevation even if they leave the ground a split second later.

Also, I can see his shot getting stripped low, he’s got a weird tendency to bring the ball down before he goes up for that shot. I really hope he can fix that shot and doesn’t end up a bust, he’s such a hard worker and great team-mate that you hate to see it happen like that.

Memphis Madness
    Participant

He’s a high-motor intense wing player who attacks.  I liked the way he played bigger than he was in college.  Kind of unorthodox as a 3/stretch four in a shooting guard’s body.  Should still be a very good rebounder for his size on the next level.

Comparisons?  Maybe a cross between Gerald Wallace and Dwyane Wade.  Somewhere between a semi-allstar to perennial all-star.  I think he goes top 4.  Depending on who ends up where, I could see him going at 2.

cabbycab
    Participant

Aside from the hitch, he has a low release point and not exactly the quickest release.  Love this kid’s attitude though.  I say a combo of Wallace and Josh Howard.  Just a hard-nosed baller in the mold of Sprewell as far as mentality. 

mosdef
    Participant

I think he would be great on my team, GSW.

If he measures up he has everything I like in a player. Hustle, college production, winner. I dont think he is a create his own shot 20 plus scorer but Ill would take the many predicted 12-15ppg cuz I think he has tools to be a lock down wing defender and that important in todays NBA. Give him a couple transition dunks and a couple of spot up 3s then Im happy. If he can effectively guard the many wings in the NBA late, Im ecstatic

gone
    Participant

He will not be a good shooter you don’t just change a hitch that has bee with him for 19 years

gone
    Participant

He will not be a good shooter you don’t just change a hitch that has bee with him for 19 years

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login